• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
Everytime i mention to professionals my thoughts on ctb they always ask if i have any plans. I am the sort of person who does not plan it- it is just always in my mind so my attempts have been rather 'spontaneous' but no solid plans for it so i always say no however I am wondering what do they actually do if you turn around and say yes I do have plans??? I do not have any experience with psych wards or inpatient stuff so I am just curious to know if they do anything or if it is just another standard procedure question with no real follow up???

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
Two words: psych ward (sooner or later)

Or if you're "lucky" like me, you end up as a prisoner in your own house with mom and dad.

yeah i thought that would be the case-- bless u I am the same kinda- still at home myself but not allowed access to meds/knives etc etc fml
I wouldn't risk it. Avoid shrinks at all times. They are not really there to help anymore just to make a few buck from your suffering.

See I am not sure I agree with this perspective- I have found some therapists etc to be helpful but as all my 'treatment' has been through the NHS I personally have not given any money to them- how does one get help if they are not honest though???

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
All the ' professionals ' care about is their record, ie that they don't have a suicide on said record, and by you saying you don't have a plan you allow them to be able to claim you are not a risk, but also, who would say they had a plan if they did? One way ticket to the inpatient ward!

yh I guess most people do not say their intentions I was just curious to see what would happen if you were to say that- everything to do with inpatient stuff sounds really negative and scary on here - maybe it is for the best I never have a solid 'plan' lol

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
i think it depends on the professional. if you have a good reputation with them and they seem to honestly understand then i would. they cant help you if they dont know, and if you arent getting help why are you there, someone else that wants the help could be using it.

id have a very long and clear conversation about it. psych wards can help but not forced, they dont help. you also have to actually be trying to help yourself not just wasting time. if you arent at least trying to put the effort in to get better then they will most likely still force you to go to the psych ward

• Love
Reactions: Regen and PNKPNDA
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you say you have a plan, they ask if you have intention to follow through on the plan. If yes, then it's imminent, and so they consider that they have reason to have you psychiatrically incarcerated to keep you from doing harm to yourself.

A way around all this is, if you're suicidal, to work on the root issues that cause it, not the symptom of suicidality. Not to minimize the seriousness, but in a way it can be a red herring. If you have plans, then they want to prohibit you from acting on the symptom of suicidality, but the cause is not addressed and continues to have negative impacts in a variety of ways, set off other alarms. If you don't know the root cause, you could tell them to set aside the false alarm of suicidality and help you find the freaking cause, not try to shut up suicidality with CBT, but use methods like EMDR, trauma based protocols, etc. to get the source of the problem. If they're not willing to or capable of doing this and they just want to put out fires, then I think a more capable and less reactive therapist is in order. I remember reading about a therapist who worked in in-patient and a client was raging and threatening to throw a chair at her; she sat down and said she wasn't scared, and would the person like to talk about what was actually going on. The patient chilled out and felt heard because the therapist didn't take the bait of the threatening alarm. Heck, maybe we could do something like this with ourselves if we feel like suicidal thoughts are in control?

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
i think it depends on the professional. if you have a good reputation with them and they seem to honestly understand then i would. they cant help you if they dont know, and if you arent getting help why are you there, someone else that wants the help could be using it.

id have a very long and clear conversation about it. psych wards can help but not forced, they dont help. you also have to actually be trying to help yourself not just wasting time. if you arent at least trying to put the effort in to get better then they will most likely still force you to go to the psych ward

yes i think this is my stance on it- people probably get the help they need more so if they are wanting the help. i can imagine if they are resisting it then these things probably wont be of much help

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
It really depends on your diagnosis here in UK. If you are deemed to have the mental capacity to make that decision to end your life, then a section is out of the question.
If you have a BPD diagnosis you're considered to have mental capacity and in their opinion, being in hospital does more harm than good to BPD's mental health.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
If you have a BPD diagnosis you're considered to have mental capacity and in their opinion, being in hospital does more harm than good to BPD's mental health.
Getting access to DBT and medications to hopefully help stabalize you does help if you have BPD.
I think it is a bad idea to tell your shrink you have a plan such as SNin your trailer unless you want to be stopped.

Reactions: PNKPNDA
PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
If you say you have a plan, they ask if you have intention to follow through on the plan. If yes, then it's imminent, and so they consider that they have reason to have you psychiatrically incarcerated to keep you from doing harm to yourself.

A way around all this is, if you're suicidal, to work on the root issues that cause it, not the symptom of suicidality. Not to minimize the seriousness, but in a way it can be a red herring. If you have plans, then they want to prohibit you from acting on the symptom of suicidality, but the cause is not addressed and continues to have negative impacts in a variety of ways, set off other alarms. If you don't know the root cause, you could tell them to set aside the false alarm of suicidality and help you find the freaking cause, not try to shut up suicidality with CBT, but use methods like EMDR, trauma based protocols, etc. to get the source of the problem. If they're not willing to or capable of doing this and they just want to put out fires, then I think a more capable and less reactive therapist is in order. I remember reading about a therapist who worked in in-patient and a client was raging and threatening to throw a chair at her; she sat down and said she wasn't scared, and would the person like to talk about what was actually going on. The patient chilled out and felt heard because the therapist didn't take the bait of the threatening alarm. Heck, maybe we could do something like this with ourselves if we feel like suicidal thoughts are in control?

Thank you for the reply you have definitely given me something to think about! I do feel that with a lot of treatments for suicidal thoughts etc are not looked at in terms of the root cause i feel for the most part things are done to mask- in a way- the thoughts but the deep rooted cause is always within- although I am not 100% sure what my cause is it is something professionals do not seem to have the time or resources to address. I guess the whole point of treatment is to help you get on with life because does anyone really ever 'recover' from mental illness? or do they just learn to live with it??

degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
depends where in the world you are, and probably your doctor/shrink. I am in the UK and told my doctor that I have got plans and they still don't give a shit and speak to me for 20 minutes once every three weeks. in some other places in the world, all you have to say is that you want to die and you're on your way to the psych ward. some places are trigger happy with psych-warding, and some places (e.g. the good old United Kingdom) you can literally attempt on your own life and not get warded. there's a lot of variation, truly.

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
depends where in the world you are, and probably your doctor/shrink. I am in the UK and told my doctor that I have got plans and they still don't give a shit and speak to me for 20 minutes once every three weeks. in some other places in the world, all you have to say is that you want to die and you're on your way to the psych ward. some places are trigger happy with psych-warding, and some places (e.g. the good old United Kingdom) you can literally attempt on your own life and not get warded. there's a lot of variation, truly.

I am UK too and feel this is probably the response I would get, I find newer GP's act on things more so than older ones which is odd. Yes It seems for some countries pysch wards are the go to place to potentially keep the mentally ill away as perhaps they do not know what to do???

Reactions: degeneratewaste
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020

In UK we don't pay for treatment, whereas the rest of the world's medical treatment is chargeable, therefore they're happy to section on a whim. The NHS don't have the resources to section everyone who claims to be suicidal. The NHS, especially the mental health sector, is drowning at the moment.

A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
Nothing really happens in Russia. I just don't elaborate what exactly I'm planning to do, cuz it seems personal)))
but who cares if "professionals" care or not: I only kinda wish someone would associate me, be with me in my last moments. That would be really cool.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Getting access to DBT and medications to hopefully help stabalize you does help if you have BPD.
I think it is a bad idea to tell your shrink you have a plan such as SNin your trailer unless you want to be stopped.

Yes I know all about DBT, been there, tried that, and I take a variety of meds for different symptoms.
But no, you're wrong, if you tell your mh team you're suicidal and even tell them of your plan, they don't try to stop you at all. Not if you have BPD they don't.

• Aww..
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
In UK we don't pay for treatment, whereas the rest of the world's medical treatment is chargeable, therefore they're happy to section on a whim. The NHS don't have the resources to section everyone who claims to be suicidal. The NHS, especially the mental health sector, is drowning at the moment.
well, we do technically pay for it through taxation, but yeah I do understand that it is not anywhere near enough and our healthcare, and in particular, mental healthcare systems are extremely strained, hence the reason that it is pretty much impossible for most of us here to get any sort of valuable help. it's a mess.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
well, we do technically pay for it through taxation, but yeah I do understand that it is not anywhere near enough and our healthcare, and in particular, mental healthcare systems are extremely strained, hence the reason that it is pretty much impossible for most of us here to get any sort of valuable help. it's a mess.

In USA, people just check themselves in voluntarily for a few weeks 'break'.

Last edited:
Reactions: degeneratewaste
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
But no, you're wrong, if you tell your mh team you're suicidal and even tell them of your plan, they don't try to stop you at all. Not if you have BPD they don't.
Yes because bpd people are not impulsive and very stable
517.jpg

• Hmph!
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Someone who has told their psych they have a plan can I ask why you did it?

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Yes because bpd people are not impulsive and very stable
517.jpg
aww fgs, stop with the stupid memes, they're ridiculous! If you've got something to say, then say it, but leave those awful childish pictures out of my quotes!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Kruger
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
They imprison you in a psych ward, when one of them asks you if you have a plan, it is code for "Want a visit to the looney bin?". Just think of it like that and always say no, unless you want to end up there for some ungodly reason. Never be explicit with these people.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
That depends. In my case, absolutely nothing; told my crisis manager about my plan (note that I just gave the plan details and didn't say that I was immediately planning to do it) and nothing really happened. This changes a lot depending on who you are, who you talk to and where you live; I know in the US the risk of getting put in a ward for expressing a detailed plan for suicide is higher than here in the UK.

I'd say be on the side of caution and only tell them if you think you have something to gain from telling them.

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
They imprison you in a psych ward, when one of them asks you if you have a plan, it is code for "Want a visit to the looney bin?". Just think of it like that and always say no, unless you want to end up there for some ungodly reason. Never be explicit with these people.

well i Guess thats one way of looking at it haha

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I told my therapist from my university that I intend to CTB if I still don't have a happy relationship by the time I'm 30. She hasn't reported me or anything because that's a long enough time away that she believes it can be worked on. I haven't told her that I recently moved my plans up to when I'm 28 though...

PNKPNDA

PNKPNDA

Mar 8, 2020
That depends. In my case, absolutely nothing; told my crisis manager about my plan (note that I just gave the plan details and didn't say that I was immediately planning to do it) and nothing really happened. This changes a lot depending on who you are, who you talk to and where you live; I know in the US the risk of getting put in a ward for expressing a detailed plan for suicide is higher than here in the UK.

I'd say be on the side of caution and only tell them if you think you have something to gain from telling them.

see that seems crazy to me because isnt a crisis manager supposed to prevent the crisis escalating ?