• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
It depends.
"Do you have a plan?"
Is followed by
"Do you have the means an access to them to execute it?"
Is followed by
"Do you have a time table?"
It'll depend on your relationship with the quack on how far you can explore this before you have a stint in psych.

I once left an appointment after stating I had my suicide kit in the car, stating "i need to CTB, it's time to leave" while being extremely upset and agitated. Left the building, sat in the car, made an attempt but failed... I'm still undecided if it was incompetence, crassness, incomprehension or indifference on the quack's part

Goes to saying that you'll take a risk but a stint in the loony bin is not guaranteed.

Y

Yolonoodle

Bear
Sep 20, 2019
They will ask you some other questiond and If they think you are imminent danger of CTB you will more than likely be sectioned

Personally I wouldn't say anything

• Love
Reactions: PNKPNDA
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I will say that after I did a stint in the "bin" (I was not sectioned) and was concerned about finding providers that would not panic (history of chronic suicidal ideation, self-harm, and regular access to lethal means at work), they actually helped me find people to work with that would be comfortable dealing with someone like me, and agreed that rushing to hospitalize me would be disruptive and likely do more harm than good in the long run.

(I see that some have mentioned this approach being taken for those with BPD; I have several diagnoses, BPD is not one of them.)

• Hugs
O

omneus morimor

Dec 8, 2019
Everytime i mention to professionals my thoughts on ctb they always ask if i have any plans. I am the sort of person who does not plan it- it is just always in my mind so my attempts have been rather 'spontaneous' but no solid plans for it so i always say no however I am wondering what do they actually do if you turn around and say yes I do have plans??? I do not have any experience with psych wards or inpatient stuff so I am just curious to know if they do anything or if it is just another standard procedure question with no real follow up???
In my case they ask about the plan and if you have intent to act on it. Then usually they recommend/ force you to go to a hospital

• Love
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I've learned to not tell anyone that knows you irl because they can get you sent to inpatient. My parents threaten to call authorities on me if I don't go to outpatient that starts tomorrow. So I do inpatient or outpatient. Both suck. Both cause me to be anxious. One is 3 days for 24 hours minimum. One is 7 hours a day for 4-6 weeks. I have agoraphobia, general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, major depressive disorder, like what the fuck.

• Love
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I told my therapist as a gesture of trust. I think he told my GP because he's legally required to, but he didn't freak out or try to send me to hospital. My GP asked to meet me after he found out, but basically nothing changed.

Just making a plan doesn't mean people will freak out, especially professionals who understand how it works.

Psych hospitals are always over subscribed and have no resources to spare. You have to be at high risk and actively trying to hurt yourself before you'd be admitted.

• Love