• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
No one as most famous people just had a public persona and in real life were arse holes ,
John Lennon sang about love and peace yet was a wife beater and mentally abused his son ,

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Definitely. I can never quite decide if it was a noble sacrifice, or a selfish, stupid temper tantrum. I find it difficult to believe he had any true belief his coup attempt would amount to anything, yet off he went.
Wasn't he highly drugged?

Reactions: Circles
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Tolkien, Herbert, Adams, Pratchett, Jerome K. Jerome, Wodehouse.

If I were a kid, I'd say John Lennon, but now I wouldn't even let him clean the toilet at the restaurant. Angsty, spineless moron.

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Wasn't he highly drugged?

I have never heard this. In fact, I thought he essentially lived two lives. When he was in Japan he tried to act essentially like a reincarnation of a samurai, meaning being faithful to his wife and so on. But outside of Japan he'd engage in homosexual acts, probably use drugs, etc.

I must also admit I've not looked into this as well as I perhaps should have, though.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I have never heard this. In fact, I thought he essentially lived two lives. When he was in Japan he tried to act essentially like a reincarnation of a samurai, meaning being faithful to his wife and so on. But outside of Japan he'd engage in homosexual acts, probably use drugs, etc.

I must also admit I've not looked into this as well as I perhaps should have, though.
I did not know about Mishima's double life! Thank you for telling me! I am no authority on the guy, so I completely defer to you. I have no basis for my speculation about his use of illicit substances...I guess I heard it somewhere and was too lazy to Google. Your knowledge of him now makes me want to delve deeper, however. Thanks for edifying me, and for sharing your knowledge in such a generous way.
Tolkien, Herbert, Adams, Pratchett, Jerome K. Jerome, Wodehouse.

If I were a kid, I'd say John Lennon, but now I wouldn't even let him clean the toilet at the restaurant. Angsty, spineless moron.
Hahahaha. Are you a restauranteur, Woxihuanni? How did I miss this?

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
A better God one who does not torture Humans. I know that isn't really what you were asking about when you mean by famous person.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Any of the great minds, mostly in the scientific community. None of them would be particularly famous except maybe Einstein. He was one of the few "rockstar" scientists.

Reactions: Celerity
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Many- but would start with Elvis Presley. if I dont get to see him in the afterlife, I'll be devastated.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Søren Kierkegaard, Piet Hein,
Mainlaender, Sylvia Plath, Albert Einstein, Kurt Cobain...and probably many more I just can't think of right now.

Reactions: Celerity
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Mainly just Etika so I could see what he thinks about all the Smash characters and other Nintendo related things that happened after his suicide…

Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
That one actor who had died while he was drinking; it was no one I had heard of.

N

nowhere2rest

Jun 22, 2022
Marylin Monroe. Want to know what really happened, how she felt

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Michael Jackson for the same reasons the user above listed for Marilyn Monroe

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Bill Gates. A good man. He's older than me but I'm suicidal so I wonder who will get to the afterlife first. Did I sorta miss the point of this thread lol

P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross and Marilyn Monroe.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Charles Bukowski
I like him too, but I feel like he was a massive asshole in real life who I would not enjoy talking to at all. Also had problems with women. Just a no-go all around.

Schopenhauer is my choice, though he had problems with women too.

Right now though, I just want the hottest actress or actor I can imagine right now to share the afterlife with me so we could fuck. :-/ At this exact moment, that's Rosamund Pike. I'm not sure why except that she is hot and has truly fabulous cheekbones.

Last edited: