• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Do you preserve your beauty even in death?

• Yay!
Reactions: ctvunny, walkingdead2023, kittykatt and 2 others
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
You become a rotten piece of meat and get eaten by worms. Some think this is quite beautiful

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: ctvunny, the_path_of_sorrows, 4am and 6 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You become a rotten piece of meat and get eaten by worms. Some think this is quite beautiful
I'd rather be cremated than decompose. There's nothing beautiful about decomposition imo

• Hugs
Reactions: Arachno, ctvunny, myusername890 and 7 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i'm not sure what you're asking, but the only way to really preserve yourself is to be embalmed, & even then the rot sets in eventually.

i can't wait to decompose into the Earth & become a part of it🧸hopefully my mom will honor my wishes for corpse disposal.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: lostinwoe, ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36 and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
i'm not sure what you're asking, but the only way to really preserve yourself is to be embalmed, & even then the rot sets in eventually.

i can't wait to decompose into the Earth & become a part of it🧸hopefully my mom will honor my wishes for corpse disposal.
No I mean like right after you die up until your funeral. I don't want a funeral though.

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
  • Yay!
Reactions: broth0100 and sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Have you seen watch people die website? That's a good way to see what people look like after death

• Informative
Reactions: kittykatt, mtoro998, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Imagine if human taxidermy was a thing.
It doesn't work out quite 'well' as with animals tho because we lack fur.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Cakeisalie, divinemistress36, RemainingDubious and 1 other person
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
Imagine if human taxidermy was a thing.
It doesn't work out quite 'well' as with animals tho because we lack fur.
If only it was a thing. i quite like the idea of my corpse being on display somewhere to creep people out.

Imagine if you went to the toilet or something and someone were to quietly put a corpse behind the door, so as soon as you opened the door your face to face with a corpse 🧟‍♂️

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, R_N and divinemistress36
H

Heidi48

Feb 17, 2024
ive worked as a nurse for over 15 years and have had the privilege of caring for people when they are dying/ have died. any questions you have fire away.
in the very immediate minutes afterwards a persons colour totally changes- almost waxy/ yellow looking. All our good looks go out the window. Its the funeral homes beauticians that try make a body look like their old selves.
If only it was a thing. i quite like the idea of my corpse being on display somewhere to creep people out.

Imagine if you went to the toilet or something and someone were to quietly put a corpse behind the door, so as soon as you opened the door your face to face with a corpse 🧟‍♂️
no joke-that is a thing
see this news article - trigger warning, dead bodies.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Cakeisalie, divinemistress36, RemainingDubious and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
ive worked as a nurse for over 15 years and have had the privilege of caring for people when they are dying/ have died. any questions you have fire away.
in the very immediate minutes afterwards a persons colour totally changes- almost waxy/ yellow looking. All our good looks go out the window. Its the funeral homes beauticians that try make a body look like their old selves.

no joke-that is a thing
see this news article - trigger warning, dead bodies.
This is creepy asf. Off topic did any of the patients act like they were seeing their deceased loved ones as they were dying?

Reactions: sserafim
thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Usually not, but in some cases, a body can go a few hours before decomposition becomes easily noticeable, depending on the environment the body is in (temperature, humidity, etc.). In addition, the way in which a person dies can also speed up decomposition. So the realistic answer is a no.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Cold and blue especially if one died by SN. I would love to be made into a wax figure or mummy!! 😄

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
H

Heidi48

Feb 17, 2024
This is creepy asf. Off topic did any of the patients act like they were seeing their deceased loved ones as they were dying?
no joke yeah definitely -
most common things i seen were
-people who were expected to die imminently somehow holding on for days till that one family member arrived to say goodbye
-or most common - as soon as the family left and us nurses went into the room patients would pass. (as if they wanted to save their loved one the trauma of a last breath)
-near the end there isn't much talking but ive seen people staring and smiling at something in the distance that seems to give comfort so i like to think that's deceased loved ones
no joke yeah definitely -
most common things i seen were
-people who were expected to die imminently somehow holding on for days till that one family member arrived to say goodbye
-or most common - as soon as the family left and us nurses went into the room patients would pass. (as if they wanted to save their loved one the trauma of a last breath)
-near the end there isn't much talking but ive seen people staring and smiling at something in the distance that seems to give comfort so i like to think that's deceased loved ones
im not religious in the slightest - but on our ward we always had a rule if anyone passed we would always open the window in the room and "let the spirit out"
if spirits even exist.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voidstar, divinemistress36 and sserafim
kittykatt

kittykatt

Mar 5, 2024
I'd rather be cremated than decompose. There's nothing beautiful about decomposition imo
same but only because im claustrophobic and dont want to be in a box even in death LOL.

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
One just looks like a corpse.

• Wow
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Dead people are never appealing. A skilled mortician might be able to mitigate gruesomeness and imbue a casket tableau with a certain awful dignity suitable to the somber occasion of death. A lot of the time floral displays are placed in front of the coffin, or else there's an easel with a bunch of photos of the deceased to engage mourners' attention. Basically, it's common to employ subtle ways to keep visitors back about 6 feet. The body will look more like the person's living self if you just don't get too close.

Sometimes immediate family want to get close enough to the body to be able to see past the veneer of thick makeup and bear witness to how the fatal disease or injury ravaged the deceased's body. I think it's the equivalent of walking "the last mile" with their loved one—going all the way to the bitter, terrible end.

Anyway, it seems worth reiterating that dead bodies do not look nice because a lot of people seem to take the likely appearance of their corpse into account when choosing a method. Unfortunately, the quickest, most reliable methods tend to be violent, and definitionally leave a "casket closed" kind of dead body. That's far from ideal, but so is picking a "gentler" method with a low success rate that leaves you alive but traumatized and/or with permanent physical damage.

There's nothing wrong with arranging things to minimize the chances that a vulnerable person will accidentally find your body and develop mental scars because eof that. I really wouldn't recommend worrying too much what your body will look like "after," though. It'll look terrible, like every other dead body.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
wouldn't that depend on how you got to that point? at any rate, you probably would not look as cute as some furry little creature that passed from natural reasons. i read a post of yours a little while ago where you said you treated your body as a temple. that's great. i don't understand why though/

• Yay!
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
In some cultures, relatives drag out the bodies of their deceased loved ones and have a "party". That's why it's worth dying in some nice clothes so as not to be ashamed :). When it comes to the soul, I like to imagine that after death I become God (because of these thoughts I am definitely fucked with all Gods, if they exist)

cursedcure

cursedcure

palliative care
Oct 8, 2023
i think dead bodies are rarely appealing. i can only remember two funerals i've been to where the corpses were exposed. the first time, i didn't like the way the mortician did my grandpa's hair, i could only focus on that because i had not yet grasped the concept of life and death. the second time, the person died of accidental drowning and the sight of them in that casket - they looked nothing like they used to - was mortifying. swollen but deflated. for me, i try not to think about my appearance once i'm death and hope that the people in charge of my funeral (i don't want one) have the decency to hide my hideous vessel of flesh.
"i always wanted to die clean & pretty, but i'd be too busy on working days"

• Aww..
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Even dead people who died non traumatic deaths look odd. Uncanny valley.

Like I find embalmed corpses with makeup really unsettling.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and TiredOfAllThis
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Like cryonics?
Yeah. Some people hope that they will find a cure for their ailment in the future or others just hope that they will be reanimated in the future. Some people think that it will be a method for deep, space travel and space immigration in the future.

I guess I forgot one, you could always donate your body to science when you die

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah. Some people hope that they will find a cure for their ailment in the future or others just hope that they will be reanimated in the future. Some people think that it will be a method for deep, space travel and space immigration in the future.

I guess I forgot one, you could always donate your body to science when you die
Do you personally think that cryonics will work?
i read a post of yours a little while ago where you said you treated your body as a temple. that's great. i don't understand why though/
Wdym?