• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe this is a bad idea for a thread. I should select only good ideas and differentiate them from bad ones. But sometimes I am not sure.
If this thread is a dumb idea plz tell me.

I had this thought when I thought about a US-sitcom which I watched as a teenager. There is one guy a urologist. He explained the main character why he did not want to become gyncecologist. When you have to deal with genitals of your prefered sexual orientation you get an unhealthy relation to it. I think this is an interesting thought. And I asked myself whether this is true.

But on the other hand this thread could escalate a little bit maybe due to some immature or offensive jokes.

I hate having to go to such a doctor. I usually rather avoid it. But when people get older they have to go there more often to check their health. I have a friend who is kind of paranoid about his health. He often goes to a doctor even if it is only a minor thing. It is like he wants to live and enjoys life. Which is something hard to understand for me with my biography.

He also went to urologists some time ago. One was a woman. I asked myself how professional the doctors become. Whether they are sometimes aroused by what they see. Which only would be kind of natural . Or if they become extremely technical and professional about it. I mean seeing daily for several hours all types of genitals can be kind weird and can be dulling.

The psychiatrist are often rather cold when they talk about sexuality. They try to be professional. I had the feeling many therapist don't consider sexuality as really important. I could give you a lot of examples. (One said sexuality is negligible.) But some also were not that professional. Some disliked the topic sexuality and rather stigmatized it which is rather shortsighted.

I think become a doctor for genitals would never be a job for me. I think I could not really handle it. It is just weird. The topic should not be stigmatized but I am not sure. I just don't want to see the things you see in this job. All the illnesses etc. I ask myself why people choose this job.

I hope this thread does not get too immature. I would also not be sure which sex I would prefer in this job. The logic of this dude in the sitcom is kind of plausible.

Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
I'm sure after awhile of seeing so many genitalia, it starts to feel more like an assembly line than it does a medical practice.

B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
I think there's many different factors when it comes to choosing your place in a medical field. It might be an area you understand more, people might choose one area due to a pay increase and It's could be things like maybe your town/city is lacking in people in those areas of the medical field.

Most responsible adults are able to distinguish between a sexual and non-sexual scenario. I'm a straight male and have been in a lot of incidents where a women is either naked or exposed (breastfeeding/pumping mothers, co-ed bathrooms in camps, first-aid situations requiring exposed breasts/genitals) and at no point am I aroused because of the current situation.

If you're a person that cannot remove yourself from that head space, you have underlying sexual issues and should immediately remove yourself from any event/situation that has non-sexual nudity.

Reactions: kiuya