Mvrd3rz

Mvrd3rz

Sep 9, 2023
I feel like I'm finally ready to CTB but sometimes I just lay in bed and start wondering about what might happen after I die, like will I get reborn or if everything just goes black. the thought won't prevent me from CTB and I don't think there's anyone that can answer this question, I just wonder if anyone also thinks about this and what y'all think/hope will happen after death?

Reactions: WonderingSoul
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I'm skeptical of blackness, but I'm also not religious. When a person sleeps, things like dreams still happen, it is just that we are unaware of those things once we wake up: we forget and human memory is really terrible, but it doesn't mean that nothing was there. Since there's so little understanding of what makes consciousness, I think it's possible that consciousness exists outside of the body, but that it can only exist in a body in connection to the brain. The existence of Earth seems like a series of "too good to be true" evolutions; it is really mystifying. I think it's silly to think that there's a special afterlife with karma designed for humans though, because humans have mistakenly believed themselves to be the center of the universe many times (see: Heliocentric theory). If afterlife exists, I wouldn't assume it was anything special.

Reactions: orangepulp and Mvrd3rz
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Nothingness.

Reactions: bigwomanbigwoman123, SenseOfLoss, princejohnny and 4 others
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I feel like I'm finally ready to CTB but sometimes I just lay in bed and start wondering about what might happen after I die, like will I get reborn or if everything just goes black. the thought won't prevent me from CTB and I don't think there's anyone that can answer this question, I just wonder if anyone also thinks about this and what y'all think/hope will happen after death?
I think about the same shit. And all the church crap I was subjected to as a kid. But I hope nothing happens and it's just over.

Reactions: Mvrd3rz
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
Either nothingness or there will be some purgatorial resting place.

Reactions: Abyssal
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I was nothing before I was born. I'll be nothing after I die. Doesn't that imply I could come back to life in some form after death?

I mean, if I started out as nothing but managed to claw my way out of the eternal abyss and on into being, then shouldn't it naturally follow that it will happen again after I die? Everyone talks about how there is probably nothing after death and that it's an instant eternity of nothingness. But if nothingness is how I started, shouldn't being just kinda happen again? By my perspective, some kind of reincarnation seems almsot innevitably.

I believe the consciousness is only a product of all things physical happening inside the brain, and it ceases to exist when the brain stops functioning.

Just seems like the universe is big on recycling more organisms will be born, none of which will be you.

You don't remember where you were before you were born that doesn't meant you didn't exist.

if reincarnation is real then you could come back as any animal on the planet or in the universe

Reactions: losing hope, WAITING TO DIE, DT2007 and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I predict that it'll be just like how it was before you were born, as if you were nonexistent for the whole time.

Reactions: blacksand, pthnrdnojvsc and WAITING TO DIE
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Different for everyone. I believe we incarnate from different points of origin here.
I'm pretty sure also there's different "species" of humans, reptilians etc.

NPCs just restart and reincarnate again, I believe.

Although Brett stuart and his team of remote viewers scare me I'm not gonna lie but I think it's only affecting NPCs

D

Deleted member 65988

Non-existence, just like how we didn't exist 13 million years ago, we won't matter in the next 80-120 years and it'll be as if we were never ever even here at all, that's just death.

Reactions: blacksand, pthnrdnojvsc and redeyepiranha
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Either a world where all of my hard work yield an result or just nothingness

DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
I don't believe in "nothingness" we are energy and energy doesn't just dissapear. I do believe in reincarnation. Science can't prove it i know but can't really dissprove it either imho. Quantum Physic theorys suggest the existence of multiverses. So why not? When my grandson was about three years old and played with his gtandma with his toy cars one of thenmchad an accident. He told his gran that the road was wet and that's how they died last time. And he also said that his greatgrandad Gunther was in looking after him until one day he told us that granddad gunther can't look after him anymore because he now he is a new baby. Kinda freaky. So I believe there is more to come after we die.

Reactions: princejohnny
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Am a firm believer in reincarnation and I believe I will once again return to earth in another lifetime. I got too much proof and signs that its real.

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
The lights go out and I will enter eternal nothingness.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and pthnrdnojvsc
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
I'm not religious or agnostic in any way and do believe it's probably nothingness, just a complete absence of everything.

As for what I hope for I have no idea though. Trying to think about everything just ending and going black, complete absence of everything, it terrifies me deeper than anything else I can think of. Not helpful seen as I want to CTB lol.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think after death is non-existence forever. And that's what I want anyway because non-existence means no problems no extreme pain , no extreme suffering, no bad memories , no injustice no oppression , no diseases and 1000 other horrible things I hate about life and this evil oppressive suicide prohibtion state world

conscioussness means that every second i'm starving or not sleeping for days etc I'm suffering unbearable pain every second no relief . But that wouldn't be possible if I didn't exist , didn't have a brain or wasn't conscious. so all these things are horrible but they glorify them constantly.

Are all these things they constantly say are so pleasureable worth the worst imaginable torture ? things like a clickbait youutube video, a sunset, that sandwich. imo even the sandwich is not worth the worst imaginable pain and suffering and torture. sure while you're eating the sandwich it might be pleasurable but that's fleeting and less intense than the worst pain imaginable . But the worst pain can be constant and neverending. It's called UNBEARABLE pain for a reason you can't stand it even 1 second.

. there has been not even a single experimental piece of scientific evidence for any soul, spirit, god, afterlife , reincarnation nothing . Why is god or a soul , ghosts so shy, hiding so well ? There is no god, afterlife , soul spirit ,reincarnation, etc. Only the ape brain in an human creates consciousness ,thinking , the mind etc. and there's been 100 years of brain experiments to prove this.
I think humans invented all the following : religion , afterlife, god, soul etc , cultural morals , societal morals, god, soul, reincarnation , hell , afterlife, made up out of thin air. .Humans made all of that up in order to control other humans .and also Today this is perpetrated to keep humans from killing themselves and in control now.

Harari touches on this in his book sapiens. he says that religion , culture is fiction . i agree and I think it goes far deeper than that especially today. how deep does the rabbit hole go? and I prove it by saying that there is no objective morality only subjective . i claim all the following are their subjective ideas constantly broadcast as truth but to me they are fiction and not true at all : but they will tell you their fictional ideas their subjective morality are the facts of life things such as "life is good" , life is sacred, non-existence is bad, suicide is irrational . a human is important ( anthropocentric bias), consiousness is awesome : oh is it and that's the thing that causes extreme pain and suffering so why is all this glorified constantly ? we can guess right. All these things life / existence / consciousness / brains are the only things in the universe that create extreme pain and extreme suffering . But these are constantly glorified as the best things so worthy of the universe creating them for what to suffer?

Many more reasons. neuroscience brain science has discovered there is no constant self. For example I'm something different now than i was at age 1 year old when i didn't know anything. the brain continuosly changes even in adulthood beliefs , even the way of thinking the concciousness changes and it can because "i' had a different consciousness at age 2 then now, same thing for 5 . so which is the constant me the soul that gets reincarnated. ? there is no soul.

Last edited:
Reactions: blacksand and WAITING TO DIE
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Nothing. The same as before we were born. I'd love to meet my family and pals, but it's not realistitc,

Reactions: blacksand, pthnrdnojvsc and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Nobody remembers life as a soul before they were born because souls don't exist and consciousness is just dumb brain activity.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Yaffle
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
the electrochemical computer called my brain is destroyed and my consciousness stops permanently. Over a long enough timespan the atoms that my brain and body were comprised of are scattered around the universe. That's a fact as certain as the earth being round.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe that once we die we simply cease existing, once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we are gone. Death is just nothing more than a dreamless and eternal sleep where all is forgotten about and this is all I want, the thought of eternal nothingness is all that comforts me.

I just want to be at peace, free from having the ability to suffer in this existence that there was never a need for in the first place, there is nothing desirable about any kind of existence, all that existence does is cause harm and unnecessary suffering.

Reactions: Mvrd3rz and blacksand
D

Deleted member 65988

I don't believe in "nothingness" we are energy and energy doesn't just dissapear. I do believe in reincarnation. Science can't prove it i know but can't really dissprove it either imho. Quantum Physic theorys suggest the existence of multiverses. So why not? When my grandson was about three years old and played with his gtandma with his toy cars one of thenmchad an accident. He told his gran that the road was wet and that's how they died last time. And he also said that his greatgrandad Gunther was in looking after him until one day he told us that granddad gunther can't look after him anymore because he now he is a new baby. Kinda freaky. So I believe there is more to come after we die.
Yeah that energy doesn't mean you will be recycled into someone else, that's not you because you are as you now is a completely different person having lived through different circumstances that got you to where you are. Energy is not a soul. Your energy inside you now is simply lost mainly through heat once you die while the rest will be eaten by a whole host of thing's. The only thing left of us after we die lives on in the memories of those who are still alive before they eventually die too.

Reactions: DT2007
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
Yeah that energy doesn't mean you will be recycled into someone else, that's not you because you are as you now is a completely different person having lived through different circumstances that got you to where you are. Energy is not a soul. Your energy inside you now is simply lost mainly through heat once you die while the rest will be eaten by a whole host of thing's. The only thing left of us after we die lives on in the memories of those who are still alive before they eventually die too.
Thats true for this life. But i strongly believe there is a "beyond" our current existence. Our physical body will decay. And we do live on in the memories of other people until they die one day.

D

Deleted member 65988

Thats true for this life. But i strongly believe there is a "beyond" our current existence. Our physical body will decay. And we do live on in the memories of other people until they die one day.
Whatever that "beyond" is always seen as this wonderful place, far removed from anything the human mind could possibly comprehend but my thought is why would you want to continue to exist at all. Whatever beyond there is could also be exponentially worse than this one because we all know the harshness and brutality of what reality can be.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and DT2007
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
Very few are hard materialists to the degree I am. I say 100% that there is nothing and its an objective fact as true as the fact that Charli Damileo isn't in bed with me right now. If I am proved wrong after death I'll be as shocked (but not as happy) as rolling over to find Charli next to me right now.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Deleted member 65988
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I do believe it's probably nothingness that awaits, though what I'm hoping for is an ongoing dream, where I'm finally alowed to feel comfortable and safe.
I always feel like the world around me isn't real, it somehow feels so fake, like I'm in a bad dream, moreover I feel like the real world exists but I'm trapped in this dream, kind of like you sometimes are not quiet aware that you're dreaming, but you somehow know that it's not real and are aware that the real world awaits you after you wake up.

Reactions: Mvrd3rz
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
Whatever that "beyond" is always seen as this wonderful place, far removed from anything the human mind could possibly comprehend but my thought is why would you want to continue to exist at all. Whatever beyond there is could also be exponentially worse than this one because we all know the harshness and brutality of what reality can be.
I don't think there is a "wonderful" place somewhere. And yes, whatever there is could be worse but also be better, who knows. But I'm willing to give it a try, i personally don't mind.

D

Deleted member 65988

I don't think there is a "wonderful" place somewhere. And yes, whatever there is could be worse but also be better, who knows. But I'm willing to give it a try, i personally don't mind.
I'd personally only give it a try if it's actually shown that we do live and retain our consciousness past the point of death and are still aware of who "we" as the individual. I guess people want whatever comfort they'd love to be reality at the end of day. After having seen a few deaths myself over the last year, I'm sure those people aren't elsewhere right now because there is no reason for the continuation of their existence.

Reactions: blacksand, pthnrdnojvsc and DT2007
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
I'd personally only give it a try if it's actually shown that we do live and retain our consciousness past the point of death and are still aware of who "we" as the individual. I guess people want whatever comfort they'd love to be reality at the end of day.
I guess you're right. But since what my grandson said when he was very young i am convinced that there is more to life than just our current existence. But when it ocnes down to it no one can be sure of anything and we believe what gives us the most comfort.

Reactions: 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆
D

Deleted member 65988

I guess you're right. But since what my grandson said when he was very young i am convinced that there is more to life than just our current existence. But when it ocnes down to it no one can be sure of anything and we believe what gives us the most comfort.
I don't believe nothingness is comfort or an unduly optimistic hope of what death will be like, it's non-existence just as you were millions of years before this very second, just as every other non-human animal was.

Even when I look back at some of the samurai I've learnt about like Ashikaga Takauji or Shimazu Takahisa, it's mind-blowing to me that these men existed at some point 460-690 years ago, 2 centuries apart respectively but now, in this age, all that remains is historical sources from their time as well as Chronicles like Taiheki in regards to the Nanboku-cho period Takauji existed in, point being, we are only relevant to the time we existed in and after that, there's just nothing that would make sense to me that'd we'd still exist after that which is why it's important I suppose from a certain perspective to make the most of life right now because you might not get that reunion with your loved ones so why not care about the ones that are here right now.

Reactions: DT2007
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
Interesting point of view and true. We in our physical form only matter to the time we exist in. And we hould care about the others around us as they possibly care about us. but what if we are actually really reborn at some point or the other? We will care again, conscious in that life. After the experience woth my grandson i read into the theory of little children remembering their former lifes. One might say it's bogus, pseudoscience, thats alright with me.