• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

brimstonenfire_rain

brimstonenfire_rain

Wonder of U
Jul 13, 2023
For me, Christmas is that crappy period that starts at the end of November and ends on January 6th, where everyone is happy to feel the Christmas spirit that I've never really perceived.

What is Christmas for others?

Receiving gifts and opening them under the tree on the 25th with family.
I haven't received a gift in at least 10 years (applies to all holidays, including my birthday, which I even struggle to remember). I don't remember what the last gift I unwrapped looked like, assuming it was wrapped. I have never had a Christmas tree in my life; I have no idea how to do it and no clue what it means to have a (what I thought was a real when I was child) illuminated bush in the middle of the house. Consequently, I could only see in movies that gifts are unwrapped on the morning of the 25th under the tree.

Usually, in movies, when gifts were unwrapped, there were always many children.
Even when I was a child, when I received gifts, I either unwrapped them alone or didn't spent the holidays with other children, but I was always alone, no siblings, no cousins, no neighbors, no friends. There is no family for me; I don't know what it means to spend the holidays with a good family. This year, obviously, we'll be three: my echo, my shadow and me.

Christmas means eating well.
Well, for me, as it's a day just like the other three hundred and sixty four, I'll eat as I usually do every other day my usual daily ration of lunch and dinner, 2 breads for lunch, and pasta for dinner (being Italian, I can live on carbohydrates because they are the cheapest things). I've been eating only bread for lunch for the last 6 months, so I don't think anything will change for this last Christmas narrative arc of the year.

Going out with friends, visiting Christmas markets with a girlfriend, playing in the streets with snow, shopping, buying gifts, being good consumers.
Everything I will do this month is to sit in front of my heatery, take my phone, scroll reels, and watch other people's Christmases with "Last Christmas" playing in the background, Ryan Gosling memes, then get tired, put the phone down, and sit motionless, staring at the warm and vivid light of the heater, then get tired again, pick up the phone, and so on, with the only difference that during Christmas, I will hear the noisy Christmas dinners of the neighbors, on New Year's Eve, the fireworks, and go to bed before midnight.

But speaking of New Year's Eve, how do you spend it? I mean, like they say, Christmas with family and New Year's Eve with whoever you want(?). What do you do exactly? Do you go out, all stay at a friend's house drinking until morning, go on vacation, play cards(?) I try to be in bed before midnight and sleep so as not to hear the commotion outside.

Christmas means snow.
It doesn't fall where I am; I can't even look out the window to see a snowy landscape, not even that. I talked about vacations. For those of you who go on a winter vacation, I think it's called a "white week", how is it? I mean, being in the mountains with a meter of snow, I don't know, ski? But in general, I think it's nice to make snowmen or something(?), do they really make them or is it just in movies?

Did I forget something that means Christmas to others?

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I looooove everything Christmas, the lights, food, fam gatherings, fireplace, the atmosphere and etc et. etc etc. It's just sad to be celebrating it alone. ;(
On the other hand, I do have a mother I can celebrate with! But, no thank you. She loves to ruin everything good. So this year (like many others years) i am traveling away ✈️ hohoho ⛄

Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Nothing!!! I don't get together with my family, nor my friends because they're with their families. I don't get gifts and I don't give out any because I'm poor. It's just another day. Nothing special.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I don't do anything, and I find that enjoyable. I'm not Christian, and therefore don't think Christmas is mandatory to celebrate. But I school gets let off for a month, so I always feel joyous about the Christmas season.

counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
Waste of time it is. Spend money you haven't got. Eat shit. Drink till your liver is crying. Then January everything back to normal.

I mean is it just me or has it passed its use by date. Like imagine wearing the same clothes all year or listening to Bob marley over and over again on replay. Christmas just like any other holiday was invented to keep people from going insane cause life itself sucks

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Parents are emotionally abusive so I was never much of a family person. Most Christmases have been with my family. So I didn't care for the holiday.

Then 2016 to 2019 I sent it with both my family and my third girlfriend. That was a little better because at least I enjoyed spending time with her.

Most prominently though me and my previous/fourth girlfriend had our first kiss at a Christmas market in 2022. So Christmas mostly reminds me of that now. And I miss her so, so much that it physically hurts me. I would give almost anything to go back to Christmas 2022 and have that incredible first kiss again.

I miss her so much. I wanted to spend this Christmas with her and then celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

Last edited:
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
But I school gets let off for a month, so I always feel joyous about the Christmas season.
The same as my local Ukrainians getting hyped over Russian jets cancelling classes lmao

Drink till your liver is crying. Then January everything back to normal.
It's amusing to admit that Russians/Ukrainians get shitfaced in January due to the Julian calendar legacy (+2 weeks shift).

third girlfriend
And I miss her so, so much that it physically hurts me. I would give almost anything to go back to Christmas 2022 and have that incredible first kiss again.
The travails of a chad. (I'm not diminishing your suffering, merely trying to imagine myself in you place. Buddhists would talk about the futility of attachment.)

• Yay!
Reactions: penguinl0v3s
K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
The same as my local Ukrainians getting hyped over Russian jets cancelling classes lmao

It's amusing to admit that Russians/Ukrainians get shitfaced in January due to the Julian calendar legacy (+2 weeks shift).

The travails of a chad. (I'm not diminishing your suffering, merely trying to imagine myself in you place. Buddhists would talk about the futility of attachment.)
Believe me "better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all" is bullshit. While I was much happier during our relationship, I'm in far more pain today than I was before I met my previous/fourth girlfriend.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Believe me "better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all" is bullshit. While I was much happier during our relationship, I'm in far more pain today than I was before I met my previous/fourth girlfriend.
I can totally understand. I got my emotional education this year due to an astronomically improbable Reddit DM, and I cried every day for 3 weeks in June when the Girl had ghosted me. Although, that said, it still felt "enjoyable" in some sense, as I had never wept like this in my life. And part of me felt I could stop any moment because in truth I'm too jaded, so I was enjoying the pain while it lasted, while I could still feel it.

my previous/fourth girlfriend
Did you mean "first"?

• Aww..
Reactions: NumbItAll
K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
Did you mean "first"?
No, fourth.

There were my first and second girlfriends, but they're not relevant to this conversation because I wasn't with them during any Christmas.

There was my third. I spent the Christmasses of 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 with her and my family. But I don't miss her anymore. She often treated me like crap anyway.

And there was my fourth girlfriend who's my previous girlfriend. In 2022 me and her went to the Christmas market where I live a little after Christmas and had our very first kiss there. That's the person I miss more than anyone right now. And that's why I'm in such pain right now. The pain that makes me say that it's absolutely NOT true to better have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

• Love
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
It's three days after my birthday! lol
beyond that idk... another day for presents? it's close to my mom's birthday too...
Oh! It's also around the time they start selling oreo snowballs. Those are tasty

D

doormat25

Oct 25, 2023
Waste of time it is. Spend money you haven't got. Eat shit. Drink till your liver is crying. Then January everything back to normal.

I mean is it just me or has it passed its use by date. Like imagine wearing the same clothes all year or listening to Bob marley over and over again on replay. Christmas just like any other holiday was invented to keep people from going insane cause life itself sucks
Your avatar is really funny

• Love
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
Your avatar is really funny
Thanks. Its actually from a cartoon called cyanide and happiness. There's one guy known as sad Larry, someone who's depressed and hates life. One video which is called sad sad larry, keeps trying to commit suicide but fails everything. Quite funny really

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Thanks. Its actually from a cartoon called cyanide and happiness. There's one guy known as sad Larry, someone who's depressed and hates life. One video which is called sad sad larry, keeps trying to commit suicide but fails everything. Quite funny really
I got my SaSu account rejected once. I found it funny haha, failure to be suicidal enough.

• Love
E

EndingEagle

Nov 27, 2023
Its a nice time to enjoy good food and spend time with family maybe even get some gifts but last few have been very rough and the few before them sucked as well albeit for different reasons.

Reactions: brimstonenfire_rain
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021