inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I believe that there are higher entities that humans could perceive as deities, but are not in fact deities.

Reactions: Soul and HappyEnding
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I believe that there are higher entities that humans could perceive as deities, but are not in fact deities.
I think this is very well said as well.
Yeah but if he is sadistic?
Probably just completely incompetent. Don't want to offend anyone, but it does feel this way most of the time for me.

Last edited:
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I think this is very well said as well.

Probably just completely incompetent. Don't want to offend anyone, but it does feel this way most of the time for me.
I don't think someone who is incompetent can create the perfect hell though.

Reactions: Skathon and GinaIsReady
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I am an avid reader of the Bhagavad Gita, which convinces me of the reality of reincarnation. However, we pay for our bad karma now, and not in the next. On a related note, Robert Lanza's book on biocentrism is a major inspiration. In it, Lanza indicate that time, space and death are illusions of consciousness. Essentially, YOU are the author of all things. The universe did not create you; you created the universe.

Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I'm agnostic. I don't have a religion, but I am very open to the possibility of there being something out there. Just a very, whatever happens, happens in the outlook of religion itself.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I was raised Christian then I deconverted and became agnostic, to atheist, to spiritual but not religious, and back to agnostic. It seems that there isn't any spirituality or religion suited for me because I don't like the false promises that go along.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I am an agnostic. A 5.5/7 on the spectrum of theistic probability. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_theistic_probability. There are 1 billion trillion stars in the universe. There is almost no doubt in my mind that there are beings much more intelligent than us. They could have visited our planet and we have represented them through religious texts ,paintings in caves,monuments and so on. That is whom we now call as God. Having said that, given the huge distances between celestial bodies it is improbable(not impossible) that they paid us a visit and religion is man-made and was invented to bring order into our societies, I am a 5.5/7 because this case is more likely.

Reactions: Soul and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I was raised a Christian but I am now an agonistic leaning atheist. I really don't like the concept of christian after life because it's based around eternal life and for me that's a huge negative.

Reactions: epic
Fly🦋

Fly🦋

One day I'll be with the stars sleeping forever.
Dec 30, 2019
Well said, well said.

If there is a God, he must have abandoned this attempt at creation (this world and all of us).
Very true. I use to be Christian, now i'm a Atheist.

Last edited:
Reactions: GinaIsReady
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I use to be agnostic , now I'm an atheist. If I believed, I would ask Him - where have You been when I tried to die, once unhappy night in a park in a strange city in a foreign country? What were You looking at when 20 000 000 unhappy suffered people try do die every years? But there is no have one to ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meena and forever21
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Atheism.
...though, I still dream of hell and the Nine Worlds where I, the beast guardian of the gates or a wolf warrior, belong.

astro

astro

recovery gang
Dec 19, 2019
I don't really know anymore. I wish I had the certainity that I will go to Heaven after suiciding but I don't have it.

PwincessStepford

PwincessStepford

I wish I were a princess.
Dec 31, 2019
Raised Catholic, and by the age of 15, converted to atheism

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Hoow can one "convert" to atheism, I ask you? You either abandon religion or you don't. That you would use the word "convert". Tells me you are still trapped in the ever-swirling mechanism of belief. No one can be an atheist, in my opinion, denial of god equals belief in a divine entity. Better to disregard discussion of all of it as a matter of course.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I don't really have one but if I were to put a title on it, it'd be plant spirit shamanism.

• Love
Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Thanks for that link, @epic! I reckon I'm about 3.65 on that scale. I enjoy speculating about these issues and being open to virtually all possibilities.

• Love
Reactions: epic
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I am an agnostic. A 5.5/7 on the spectrum of theistic probability. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_theistic_probability. There are 1 billion trillion stars in the universe. There is almost no doubt in my mind that there are beings much more intelligent than us.

Life could be everywhere in the universe, or nowhere, apart from here. I don't believe the Earth holds a special place by any means, but I think it's a fifty fifty chance that we are alone. There's simply no way to know, so all we can do is choose what we want to believe.

In the past few decades thousands of exoplanets have been detected around other stars, and as you point out there are billions and billions of stars, each of whom could have planets in the Goldielocks zone where life could flourish. That seems to indicate the galaxies could be teeming with life.

On the other hand, life as we know it on Earth, requires very complex biology and billions of years of evolution. The Earth is 4,5 billion years old and the age of the universe is roughly three times that. Look at us... we haven't gotten very far, technologically speaking. It took us nearly 1/3 of the age of the universe to send robots to Mars and land on comets.

Of course, how life evolved on Earth cannot be used as a measure for how all life in the universe evolves, so my comparison is not the truth to end all truths. It's just an example of how much time it can take a civilization to become technologically advanced.

Maybe the universe is full of life, but the universe is not old enough for that life to have developped the technology for interstellar and intergalactic travel.

Reactions: Skathon and irrelevant_string
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Maybe the universe is full of life, but the universe is not old enough for that life to have developped the technology for interstellar and intergalactic travel.
That is an interesting point.
Look at us... we haven't gotten very far, technologically speaking. It took us nearly 1/3 of the age of the universe to send robots to Mars and land on comets.
The more technology there is, the faster the technology grows so the milestones of technology come closer and closer . The technological advancement from 0AD to 1000AD is relatively very less, but from 1000AD to today we have advanced from invention of zero to building super computers. From longswords to stealth planes. Imagine an alien life form which started only 10 thousand years earlier than us. They could have spaceships travelling near light speeds, cryogenic freezing of cells , AI bots which don't die for millions of years and so on.

Reactions: Skathon
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
That is an interesting point.

The more technology there is, the faster the technology grows so the milestones of technology come closer and closer . The technological advancement from 0AD to 1000AD is relatively very less, but from 1000AD to today we have advanced from invention of zero to building super computers. From longswords to stealth planes. Imagine an alien life form which started only 10 thousand years earlier than us. They could have spaceships travelling near light speeds, cryogenic freezing of cells , AI bots which don't die for millions of years and so on.

Good point, I agree with you on this one!

I just wanna add one more comment: The path towards the holy grail of space travel, which would allow a civilization to achieve faster then light speed, and thus stand a change to travel across the vastness of the universe, is by no means straightforward. Any civilization can, at any time during their evolution, be wiped out by:

1) big asteroid impacts that have consequences on a planetary scale

2) supernovas that go off in a neighbouring region that basically sterilize entire solar systems

Both of these events are fairly common.

Reactions: Skathon, irrelevant_string and epic
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I'm a Christian who goes as by-the-book as possible. That has ended up meaning that I reject or question some commonly believed dogmas, because they seem to be based more on conjecture and opinion than hard proof, and/or they ignore various exceptions, verses, and possibilities.

For example, a lot of Christians say that suicide is a sin, but since I can't find scriptures that directly support that, even though their are several instances of suicide in the Bible, I don't really buy it.

I thought Jews and Christians served the same God though, Yahweh.

Last edited:
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Non-existent.

Reactions: Skathon
trouble

trouble

Jan 5, 2020
I, myself am an atheist, but grew up in a muslim family. My mother is really religious, she fasts, prays 5 times a day, etc — and she's also really strict about it so I'm assuming that if she knew that I don't believe in god, things would turn ugly quickly — so I'm just gonna be quiet about it forever.

Reactions: blackballoon
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
a mix between agnostic and alltheist.

the universe is too perfectly-structured and powerful for there to be nothing.

it works in mysterious ways.