• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
One of my favorite things ever is learning about convenient hotkeys/keyboard shortcuts that make using a PC a lot easier.

For me, my favorites are using F2 to rename files, and the Home and End keys so they can allow to me to go to the very top and very bottom of a page.

What about you? I mainly have experience with Windows, but any OS is welcome in this thread.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
The only hotkeys I used were Chrome's hotkeys on my Stone Age MacBook.

I used Cmd + Shift + N to go into incognito mode. I'm so paranoid that I always use incognito mode as if people were going to see my browsing history.

I also used Cmd + W to close the window. I used it a lot when my brothers or my mother came into the room; I didn't like them seeing me using my PC.

Another hotkey I used was Cmd + F because I wanted to search for specific words on websites.

Nowadays, I use Windows, but I'm not used to using hotkeys

limeoctave

limeoctave

welcome home old friend, how was your life?
Mar 24, 2024
One of my favorite things ever is learning about convenient hotkeys/keyboard shortcuts that make using a PC a lot easier.

For me, my favorites are using F2 to rename files, and the Home and End keys so they can allow to me to go to the very top and very bottom of a page.

What about you? I mainly have experience with Windows, but any OS is welcome in this thread.
thanks for mentioning the 'Home and End keys' I've totally forgot about that

in Windows:
- ofc Alt + Tab
- Ctrl + A to select all text

in Chrome:
- Ctrl + W to close the tab
- Ctrl + Q to go back to the previous tab (it's the 'previous tab' extension)
- Ctrl + Shift + T to open the last closed tab

that's all I can remember so far

vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
Oh, nerd thread is it? Love it. 🤓

I think I love Win+V the most for the clipboard history on Windows.

I use Win+P for presenting a lot, helping less technical people to present something.

And if you want to get the best of your Windows machine for the least amount of effort, do get PowerToys, it's really good.

And I hate Win+Spacebar with passion for changing the keyboard layout. I somehow always press it by accident. I have it disabled in language settings and overwritten in PowerToys but it still sometimes works and drives me crazy. It switches between my three keyboards but I only need the one, the Czech programmer keyboard (mix of english and Czech special characters).

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Oh, nerd thread is it? Love it. 🤓

I think I love Win+V the most for the clipboard history on Windows.

I use Win+P for presenting a lot, helping less technical people to present something.

And if you want to get the best of your Windows machine for the least amount of effort, do get PowerToys, it's really good.

And I hate Win+Spacebar with passion for chaging the keyboard layout. I somehow always press it by accident. I have it disabled in language settings and overwritten in PowerToys but it still sometimes works and drives me crazy. It switches between my three keyboards but I only need the one, the Czech programmer keyboard (mix of english and Czech special characters).
Ahh fair enough. I use Win+Spacebar myself because I like to type in Japanese sometimes, and it's very useful to switch between languages. I also prefer the Google IME to the one that comes with Windows personally.

vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
Ahh fair enough. I use Win+Spacebar myself because I like to type in Japanese sometimes, and it's very useful to switch between languages. I also prefer the Google IME to the one that comes with Windows personally.
I dabble in tech-support (supporting my software I develop), and I support Japanese customers as well. What a nightmare 😅 I usually just send what I want to type via email and copy paste it, they use the most exotic input methods possible 🤣 And they are cute, somehow it's against their culture to say they don't understand something, so they say yes to anything and I can't tell what they got and what not. Bless them 💖

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I have a MacBook Air. I've never used Windows lol

Command C
Command V
Command F
Command shift 3
Command shift 4
Command option escape

Last edited:
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
On my Win10 laptop I use the following touchpad gestures:

2 finger tap --> right click
2 finger swipe --> scroll or forward/back on web pages
3 finger tap --> middle click (used for new tabs or new instances of a program, or for rapid scrolling)
4 finger tap --> play/pause media (even works when it's playing in a different tab)
4 finger swipe --> adjust volume

:sunglasses:

Ctrl + Shift + R or Shift + F5 (forced reload) is also good when a site isn't loading properly. Shift + Tab to highlight something backwards instead of forwards. Windows logo key to access the search bar. Prt Scrn for screenshots using Lightshot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malaria and vak
DizzyFolfy

DizzyFolfy

Gone~
Jul 9, 2022
When programs use ctrl + shift + z to redo instead of ctrl + y

Oh the amount of finger gymnastics it has saved :D

Astoria

Astoria

Mar 31, 2024
Ctrl + Shift + T

This command has helped me so many times. I'll often accidently shut off my computer or close my tabs.

Reactions: Malaria
letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Barbiturate Summer :p
Nov 11, 2023

Maybe I'm a grandpa but what are hot keys :(

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Why not just Command V?
Sometimes the formatting (font, colour, background colour, etc.) gets captured by the copy and so when you just do ctrl V, all that formatting comes with it. Ctrl + shift + V makes sure that the text you copied will match the formatting of whatever you're currently using.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Windows + D to bring up the desktop (ie, instantly minimize all of your windows). Super helpful to hide my shenanigans when I hear the office door opening and I know the boss is coming. :halo:

• Informative
Reactions: pilotviolin
AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024

The Windows key + D. You'll see. Don't panic. Press it, again. Almost forgot. Alt + Tab, as well as Alt + Shift + Tab. Great for switching between windows, quickly.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Command A (select all in Photoshop.)
Command T (free transform in Photoshop.)

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
The Windows key + D. You'll see. Don't panic. Press it, again. Almost forgot. Alt + Tab, as well as Alt + Shift + Tab. Great for switching between windows, quickly.

ctrl x to cut n paste, ctrl z to undo, and now win d thats so useful ty