• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
What are some things, techniques, etc etc that you do/use to stay within the living in general and after a heavily suicidal period?

Kinda just coming out of a heavily suicidal period. Feel like crap tbh. The only thing that has changed is feeling less certain of death and maybe ok with living.

Today, im gonna try to get outta the house for a bit and purchase incense: something that grounds me and relaxes me and a guitar capo: so I can learn & play songs freely.

Gonna attend an online writing group and so therapy later.

I just ate, took cannabis capsules this morning, listening to music I want to hear and talking to friends.

This crappy feeling is probably as best as it gets for me today and I'm fine with that.

Soo yeee what do you do to keep urself alive?

silence of death

silence of death

May 20, 2023
canabis capsules, interesting, i didn't know these existed

i myself like CBD more, also because i'm schizophrenic, regular canabis tend to make me very paranoid but CBD is not like that it's a nice anxiolytic
getting out of the house and trying to find a place with nature and very few people and hanging there, with my medication i'm able to get out of the house now and that's a nice way to pass the time, take the sun and relax, maybe smoke cbd
talking to people on forum also, i pass most of my time on different forums from my native language, you can always find kind soul to talk to who will profide some affection
and music of course, i love idleglance channel, it's kind of an emo rap type of music that i resonate with a lot
i think it's crucial to find techniques to try and get better when you are feeling down or suicidal, if you don't do anything you just fall in the pit of despair and that's excruciating

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
canabis capsules, interesting, i didn't know these existed

i myself like CBD more, also because i'm schizophrenic, regular canabis tend to make me very paranoid but CBD is not like that it's a nice anxiolytic
getting out of the house and trying to find a place with nature and very few people and hanging there, with my medication i'm able to get out of the house now and that's a nice way to pass the time, take the sun and relax, maybe smoke cbd
talking to people on forum also, i pass most of my time on different forums from my native language, you can always find kind soul to talk to who will profide some affection
and music of course, i love idleglance channel, it's kind of an emo rap type of music that i resonate with a lot
i think it's crucial to find techniques to try and get better when you are feeling down or suicidal, if you don't do anything you just fall in the pit of despair and that's excruciating
Wish there was a way to do mutiple reactions this was both informative and nice to read.

I prefer higher CBD as well as too much THC just triggers anxiety and such.

I agree that finding things to do while depressed and down its important to find things to do. I think it's just harder to do so when down and such.

• Hugs
Reactions: silence of death
DeadPool360

DeadPool360

My everyday is nothing but a video on repeat
May 4, 2023
first i try to call my close freind if he didnt answer
well i just try to sleep or do anything till i sleep
if its too much and i cant cry to get better
i just hurt myself (although its been a while since i did that)

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
First of all, I am really proud of you for holding on :)

What helps me a lot when only coming out of one is my pets. Love cuddling them or just looking at them. Other then that, trying to enjoy anything on the internet, that I usually like (In my case often animal videos lol). And of course, interacting with friends online and/or playing video games. It just doesn't feel as that big of a responsible when talking to them as it does when talking to the people you love irl. I hope this somehow helps you :)

kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
I hop from audio book to audio book.

I missed a tech science education ... so some 'short intro's" to different subjects are interesting.
I try and not let it get me down that I missed out on education and try and get some sense of general awareness ticking over.
I know ( ??? really though ?) a lot more about a few things now.
I am really really sceptical ... so I include my own doubts and try and nurture my critical thinking.

I spent decades thinking there was no point because I had missed the education train ... but ideas are kind of their own reward from a consciousness point of view. I guess it's a wannabe intellectual fetish ... meh !

(I be gettin' these from that uncharted treasure island , ar ar )

I'm lucky to be able to access a beach and a local pool , so those are my "creaturely" buzzes ... being a human in nature and an ape in a hot tub is a body buzz that gives me a few hours of some happy chemical stuff.

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I always think of things that i still have left to do, and if those won't go the way I want them to go, then and only then I'll CTB. For example i want to cut my hair and ask a girl on a date.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I don't want to sound like a suicide hotline BS when I say this, but I genuinely mean it when I say go outside on a walk. It won't be a magic cure or anything but at least for me it does genuinely help give me clarity even if for a few fleeting seconds.

If you have the energy to cook, cook a nice meal. If not, then if you have the energy to get a nice healthy meal from a restaurant do that. If that's too much still, order a nice healthy meal for delivery. Eating good healthy food always helps me, again even if it's very short lived.

Force yourself to listen to positive music, sometimes it just pisses me off even more so this one may not always work, but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: Livingvsdying25
Actually

Actually

May 18, 2023
Feed my ed, make memes based off my problems, slap some vent/rant stuff(sometimes unreadable) on random/edgy pics(weird coping mechanism ik) here are some examples, it helps let things out of my head A95c7bfc1d6fa595c4a1872e1d6ebd21 93b5b4fa245510c807b3cbad80703db9

J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
When things weren't as bad as they are now i would try and go for walks, watch comedies, lots of reading and if anyone likes board games you can play online with players all over the world for free and they have hundreds of games. its called boardgame arena, that was a really helpful distraction. Oh also if you have the energy and want to workout/learn dance moves to popular songs look on youtube for the fitness marshall.

Hope that helps and know that this is kinda like the post heavily intense suicidal period hangover. Going through all those thoughts and emotions are exhausting physically and mentally so be kind to yourself that you got through that and you're proactively looking for ways to keep taking steps forward. Even if it's one thing a day you can do for yourself is a huge success and on days you can't that's ok too.

unrest

unrest

Jun 3, 2023
for me it'll always go back to the things that i used to love as a child. when i put myself in the perspective that my soul will always have an inner child and that i have to take care and parent it, it makes living a little more bearable. i would never tell my childhood self to stop living because they are just that worthless when all i ever wanted was love. so i do everything i love and give myself that reminder even when i forget. this looks like watching my childhood favorite shows, crying because i was never allowed to, drawing just to draw (not to impress), playing video games. other than that, there is just a lot of things that i really hope i can do. things that seem impossible but would like to say i have done. and just wanna prove the people who ever doubted me / never thought i would get better, wrong.