• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

TIMW

Jan 17, 2021
So I'm new here and I'm basically just about as clueless as everybody trying out this method if not more (even though I've researched everything I possibly could) but when I tried it out a few times: everybody around the net says that it's "peaceful" & "painless" but yet it seems to be the exact opposite. Like when I try to literally breathe in & breathe out the nitrogen from inside the bag, the pain was just so unbearable so I immediately had to release the bag off my head, it's like it's nearly equivalent to drowning. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better explanation as to how exactly is it peaceful & painless? What I did to plan things out was I bought the Nitrogen tank from a store called General Air Service & Supply since I live around Colorado and the tank said something like that it's industrial sized, compressed & it's 65 cubic feet, I got a regulator that says it's Argon C02 flow & Victor something like that, I got some hose that's pretty darn long, I got turkey bags from King Soopers that I would put a small hole for 1 in for the hose to get in and I would put the bag in my head & tape it around my neck so that way no possible openings would let air come in, I turned the gas on and I try to let the best amount of PSI I can think of work through but even as I try to less & less gas to come through I'm still suffering. Do I really need to do something differently? If getting pure nitrogen is painful to go through? Do I need to have some type of special painkillers or drugs for me to handle the pain easier & I would pass out easier or do I just need to toughen it up & be more patient in order for me to pass out so the gas would the rest of it's work for my body? Like I don't know if there's any other possible methods I can go through since again I couldn't handle drowning, I tried overdosing myself with random pills back in my high school days and I did feel like I was gonna die but I ended up vomiting, I don't have the guts to shoot myself, jump off something or maybe even hang. Sorry for asking so many questions by the way, I just wanna end things so quickly since I feel really hopeless and I HIGHLLLY doubt some therapist would convince me to get better.

Here's the pics I have of my tank, the regulator, the hose & the bags down below just in case.
IMG 4201 IMG 4202 IMG 4203

T

TIMW

Jan 17, 2021
Don't do that. At least read the Inert gas megathread in the resources sticky thread.
Well people are saying to use either a bag or a mask with no oxygen coming in and no offense honestly I don't really feel like reading through a whole lot of posts in the megathread but I should be in the mean time until hopefully someone can explain here step-by-step of what exactly I should do and explain everything what I'm doing wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
@TIMW
1. Don't tape the bag, use elastic band with cord lock.
2. don't cut hole for the tubing.
3. Your hose looks way too big and rigid.
Looke here for example:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-exit-bag-kit-with-photos.39062/

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
Well people are saying to use either a bag or a mask with no oxygen coming in and no offense honestly I don't really feel like reading through a whole lot of posts in the megathread but I should be in the mean time until hopefully someone can explain here step-by-step of what exactly I should do and explain everything what I'm doing wrong.
You always need to make sure the bottom of the bag is open slightly to let the CO2 out. That's probably what's making you feel that way, the buildup of CO2 in your bloodstream.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I'm very sorry for your suffering!
when I try to literally breathe in & breathe out the nitrogen from inside the bag, the pain was just so unbearable so I immediately had to release the bag off my head
Normal air all of us are breathing right now is 79% nitrogen. Breathing nitrogen only — particularly just 1, single breath — cannot theoretically lead to immediate, "unbearable pain".

So, the fact that it is for you is not right and a big clue to the problem.

Are you relaying accurately what happens? If done correctly with the right supplies, the only thing that could cause discomfort is a buildup of CO2... which even in a sealed bag without an inert gas purge, but filled with regular air would take more than a minute (in my testing, it takes a couple of minutes breathing in a turkey bag with an elastic "collar" before the CO2 buildup gets uncomfortable).

If the pain is immediate as you say, perhaps the gas you have isn't nitrogen (although mistakes like that are extremely rare). Was there any "smell"/odor to the nitrogen?

And, what is happening to your bag? Isn't it rapidly inflating if there is no exhaust?
I've researched everything I possibly could
no offense honestly I don't really feel like reading through a whole lot of posts in the megathread
On the one hand it is claimed a lot of research has been done... On the other, a nonstandard preparation of the bag (taping the neck?? no way to measure flow rate?) was done and one doesn't want to review the megathread for ideas. It's hard to help if we're not following the same procedures. I'd like to send you another reference, but if one doesn't want to look at the megathread... would it help to send it?

Last edited:
DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
Hi
First of all breathing in nitrogen is 100% painless
Try an experiment of breathing it in from the hose without a bag on
You should feel no pain. This is important as this will convince you that it's not the gas itself that is to blame.

The drowning feeling came from the slow buidup of co2
Becuae you taped the bag to your neck

You need to leave the space for co2 to leave the bag

The idea is for the flow of nitrogen to be strong enough to push out all other gases, not to seal everything airtight

Hope this helps

T

TIMW

Jan 17, 2021
Was there any "smell"/odor to the nitrogen?
From what I can remember: I really don't think there was BUT the gas coming from the long hose I used felt pretty strong. Like I'm not good of explaining details so forgive me as I try to be precise & simple as I can but it's like strong wind blowing through my face except of course it's happening from inside the bag and I try to close the bag as best as I can so hopefully no oxygen would come in. Maybe that's why I was getting discomfort, it could be the hose I don't know and even when I set the flow lower & lower I was still somehow getting some discomfort.

If the pain is immediate as you say, perhaps the gas you have isn't nitrogen (although mistakes like that are extremely rare)
I'm pretty sure it was nitrogen because the receipt I got from General Air & Supply says it's industrial sized, compressed & it's 65 cubic feet. They did tell me that it was pure nitrogen so I don't know if I can say for sure at this point that I got the right tank since some things are going wrong. Sorry if I sound ignorant or naive in this situation but I just don't know every critical thing of what I should do in this Nitrogen method and what every critical things I should look out for.

And, what is happening to your bag? Isn't it rapidly inflating if there is no exhaust?
Yeah it was inflating every time I breathed in it as I try to close it down and it will also inflate when I don't try to close it down.

On the one hand it is claimed a lot of research has been done
one doesn't want to review the megathread for ideas. It's hard to help if we're not following the same procedures. I'd like to send you another reference, but if one doesn't want to look at the megathread... would it help to send it?
I don't mean to be rude but even though I was being hyperbolic, I did do a lot of research and yet I'm still confused as to do what exactly since I couldn't find some explanations of certain little things that I should do of what I find to be pretty critical. Also I did say that I was gonna read through the mega thread since there might be answers for the certain things I'm trying to solve until somebody finds them for me here but getting the answers here in this thread is just what I personally prefer since things would be faster & easier and I probably wouldn't have to read numerous of replies after the instructions were given but yet I'm still getting somewhat confused.

I really appreciate you giving all the time you need to help tho I just wanted to put that out there. I deeply appreciate it!! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: profoundexperience
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
So I'm new here and I'm basically just about as clueless as everybody trying out this method if not more (even though I've researched everything I possibly could) but when I tried it out a few times: everybody around the net says that it's "peaceful" & "painless" but yet it seems to be the exact opposite. Like when I try to literally breathe in & breathe out the nitrogen from inside the bag, the pain was just so unbearable so I immediately had to release the bag off my head, it's like it's nearly equivalent to drowning. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better explanation as to how exactly is it peaceful & painless? What I did to plan things out was I bought the Nitrogen tank from a store called General Air Service & Supply since I live around Colorado and the tank said something like that it's industrial sized, compressed & it's 65 cubic feet, I got a regulator that says it's Argon C02 flow & Victor something like that, I got some hose that's pretty darn long, I got turkey bags from King Soopers that I would put a small hole for 1 in for the hose to get in and I would put the bag in my head & tape it around my neck so that way no possible openings would let air come in, I turned the gas on and I try to let the best amount of PSI I can think of work through but even as I try to less & less gas to come through I'm still suffering. Do I really need to do something differently? If getting pure nitrogen is painful to go through? Do I need to have some type of special painkillers or drugs for me to handle the pain easier & I would pass out easier or do I just need to toughen it up & be more patient in order for me to pass out so the gas would the rest of it's work for my body? Like I don't know if there's any other possible methods I can go through since again I couldn't handle drowning, I tried overdosing myself with random pills back in my high school days and I did feel like I was gonna die but I ended up vomiting, I don't have the guts to shoot myself, jump off something or maybe even hang. Sorry for asking so many questions by the way, I just wanna end things so quickly since I feel really hopeless and I HIGHLLLY doubt some therapist would convince me to get better.

Here's the pics I have of my tank, the regulator, the hose & the bags down below just in case.
View attachment 58751 View attachment 58752 View attachment 58753
It is clear to me that you were feeling the effects of suffocation due to the accumulation of CO2. Your gag is too tight. Leave a 2-finger gap around the opening for the CO2 to escape.

You may wish to replace your bulky hose with oxygen tubing as it would be a lot easier to secure. This would also mean that you will need to change the gas outlet to a barbed one so as to accommodate the tubing.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018

View attachment 58751 View attachment 58752 View attachment 58753
You need to do some more research. Your set up is not correct. You are doing at least two things wrong. Unfortunately I cannot read all you wrote, but the trick is to remove all of the air in the bag, and allow CO2 to escape. I do not know what research you have done, but apparently not nearly enough. One thing I can say if you have a serious lung problem this method will not work, and there is literature on that as well.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
It's good that the gas had no odor (nitrogen really shouldn't).

Looking closer at your photo, I realized I misspoke: Your regulator does have a flowmeter. To what flow rate did you set it to?

It'd be helpful if you could describe the exact sequence of events leading up to the "unbearable pain"... especially exactly how long the bag was over your head before the pain started. But, that said, I agree with what others have said about researching bag construction (it shouldn't be airtight as the gas flowing in ~needs somewhere to flow out of the bag) & the final sequence of what to do.

I think if you read a bit more, and made your setup closer to "standard"... you could perhaps come-back and explain it or ask other questions.
Sorry if I sound ignorant or naive in this situation but I just don't know every critical thing of what I should do in this Nitrogen method and what every critical things I should look out for.
Not at all. I know that you're suffering a lot... but you're on the right track... so please take your time and be patient with yourself. Here are my favorite resources:

First, my favorite overview (link down below... called, "inert-gas-cylinder-regulator-general-refresher-summary." There is one ~typo where "hydrogen" is mentioned — but helium, nitrogen, or argon are the "inert" gases: hydrogen gas is explosive).

I also really recommend reading both the "Five Last Acts" book and the PPeH. These are both done by different professionals with the intention of getting it completely right. The instructions they give are almost identical... but it can be good to hear the same thing twice (to increase confidence). Both can be bought (and that's what I'd recommend, but there are also links to download them in the resources). I also threw-in a link to a video exactly the same as I made my bag.

The FLA book is the one that got me started (before I discovered SS & and the PPH) and it is really excellently written (inho).

Well, those 4 resources are the "best of the best" of what I've found and comprise ~everything I know...

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-cylinder-regulator-general-refresher-summary.30657/

Last edited:
T

TIMW

Jan 17, 2021
Hi
First of all breathing in nitrogen is 100% painless
Try an experiment of breathing it in from the hose without a bag on
You should feel no pain. This is important as this will convince you that it's not the gas itself that is to blame.

The drowning feeling came from the slow buidup of co2
Becuae you taped the bag to your neck

You need to leave the space for co2 to leave the bag

The idea is for the flow of nitrogen to be strong enough to push out all other gases, not to seal everything airtight

Hope this helps
Thanks for all the info, the reason I had to make sure there was no openings this time was because last year I tried out this gas mask down in the pics below which even knowingly there was some suspicious open gaps, I got this mask anyway just to get this step out of the way and I tested it out & it still wasn't working. I connected the same hose I've shown from my first message to the tube from the mask by taping it together and I was also suffocating from this but not as bad compared to when I taped the bag to my neck and I had to toughen up the suffocation through the mask so I would breathe & sleep hoping I would pass out but I just ended wasting the entire tank. Maybe it's the hose from the tank that's screwing things up which is probably making the gas come out wrong I don't know considering that many people here in this thread are talking about it haha I'll try to experiment breathing in the gas with a different hose and someone here suggested I should use oxygen tubing instead but the thing is I don't know how I can really make it stay connected to the tank considering I just looked up oxygen tubing on Google Images. I mean I don't know what kind of hose I'm using now but I know for sure that it blows out the gas like strong wind which is probably why I'm doing it wrong.

IMG 4206 IMG 4207

This would also mean that you will need to change the gas outlet to a barbed one so as to accommodate the tubing.
I'm not so sure how to do that TBH is there good videos how to change the gas outlet to a barbed one when it comes to Nitrogen?

the trick is to remove all of the air in the bag, and allow CO2 to escape
I'm pretty sure that I have removed all the air from the turkey bag I got from King Soopers but everything else you said: yeah I'll try to do more research and I don't think I got any lung problems.

Last edited:
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Greenberg said:
This would also mean that you will need to change the gas outlet to a barbed one so as to accommodate the tubing.
I'm not so sure how to do that TBH is there good videos how to change the gas outlet to a barbed one when it comes to Nitrogen?

The barbed connector you are looking for looks something like this (see below) and needs to be connected to the outlet of your flow regulator. As long as you have the correct thread size, you simply screw it on and tighten it with a small wrench. There is nothing to it.

Attachments

• Barbed connector.jpg
    Barbed connector.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: TIMW
T

TIMW

Jan 17, 2021
Looking closer at your photo, I realized I misspoke: Your regulator does have a flowmeter. To what flow rate did you set it to?

It'd be helpful if you could describe the exact sequence of events leading up to the "unbearable pain"... especially exactly how long the bag was over your head before the pain started. But, that said, I agree with what others have said about researching bag construction (it shouldn't be airtight as the gas flowing in ~needs somewhere to flow out of the bag) & the final sequence of what to do.
All right sorry I'm a bit late for this but here's what I did step-by-step pretty much

-Bought the Nitrogen tank from a wielding supply store along with the regulator & hose
-Bought turkey bags from a King Soopers which it says they're about 19 IN X 23.5 IN & 482 MM x 596 MM and it looks like they're just about any other plastic food bag I guess
-All I did with 1 bag is I opened it up, placed it on my head to test it out, put a small hole through the bag I so would tape the hose in it and once I was getting ready to let the gas come to me: I taped the bag around my neck so again there wouldn't be no possible oxygen getting through any gaping holes.
-And when I tried to set the Nitrogen up: all I did was connect the regulator & hose in (didn't wrench them in tho because I thought it would be just OK enough for me connect them all the way tight as they could and from my experience it could take like forever for me to un-wrench them), tape the hose in the bag, placed the bag on my head, set the flow meter to like 15 or 25 LPM or PSI whatever since that's what people suggested and the gas was coming out of the tube like strong wind was blowing through my face as I was suffocating bad so I had to immediately turn the gas off and take the bag off me.

Also update from today: I tested putting another turkey bag on my head (all I did was open it from the box, nothing else) so I can remember what it really felt like and I was fine for a moment but several seconds later I was slowly feeling a bit fuzzy from my head & I was getting tired. I didn't feel discomfort or any pain there and when I tried experimenting breathing in the gas as what @DominusWreck sorta suggested (except I didn't use a hose, I just connected the regulator back on to the tank & I was trying to breathe in the gas as close as I could) I didn't suffocate or felt any pain there either.

I'll try to make an exit bag as best as I could but I'm also curious to ask about the thread that @Lastsauce brought to me: how exactly did the person who started that thread stuck the hose inside his/her bag considering again that many people here are talking about the hose I own now and it has to be one of the biggest reasons why I'm failing & because from my understanding, the person put plenty of tapes from outside the bag but yet the hose was inside and it still might fall out correct me if I'm wrong. I just want to know what's the exact right tube I should get and how do I easily connect it to the gas tank all the way to the bag? I know somebody suggested an oxygen tubing but I'm just wondering if there's any other better options?

Last edited:
Reactions: justamortal
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
All right sorry I'm a bit late for this but here's what I did step-by-step pretty much

-Bought the Nitrogen tank from a wielding supply store along with the regulator & hose
-Bought turkey bags from a King Soopers which it says they're about 19 IN X 23.5 IN & 482 MM x 596 MM and it looks like they're just about any other plastic food bag I guess
-All I did with 1 bag is I opened it up, placed it on my head to test it out, put a small hole through the bag I so would tape the hose in it and once I was getting ready to let the gas come to me: I taped the bag around my neck so again there wouldn't be no possible oxygen getting through any gaping holes.
-And when I tried to set the Nitrogen up: all I did was connect the regulator & hose in (didn't wrench them in tho because I thought it would be just OK enough for me connect them all the way tight as they could and from my experience it could take like forever for me to un-wrench them), tape the hose in the bag, placed the bag on my head, set the flow meter to like 15 or 25 LPM or PSI whatever since that's what people suggested and the gas was coming out of the tube like strong wind was blowing through my face as I was suffocating bad so I had to immediately turn the gas off and take the bag off me.

Also update from today: I tested putting another turkey bag on my head (all I did was open it from the box, nothing else) so I can remember what it really felt like and I was fine for a moment but several seconds later I was slowly feeling a bit fuzzy from my head & I was getting tired. I didn't feel discomfort or any pain there and when I tried experimenting breathing in the gas as what @DominusWreck sorta suggested (except I didn't use a hose, I just connected the regulator back on to the tank & I was trying to breathe in the gas as close as I could) I didn't suffocate or felt any pain there either.

I'll try to make an exit bag as best as I could but I'm also curious to ask about the thread that @Lastsauce brought to me: how exactly did the person who started that thread stuck the hose inside his/her bag considering again that many people here are talking about the hose I own now and it has to be one of the biggest reasons why I'm failing & because from my understanding, the person put plenty of tapes from outside the bag but yet the hose was inside and it still might fall out correct me if I'm wrong. I just want to know what's the exact right tube I should get and how do I easily connect it to the gas tank all the way to the bag? I know somebody suggested an oxygen tubing but I'm just wondering if there's any other better options?
You need to do more research. There are pictures on line which will show you how to make one, the type of bag to use, placement of the hose, type of hose, canister, tubing. It is all online...all of it.

Last edited:
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Please be patient with yourself... You're making good progress figuring this all out.
I taped the bag around my neck so again there wouldn't be no possible oxygen getting through any gaping holes.
You probably know by now that a big part of using inert gas is to remove all O2 and CO2 from the system (inside the bag, one's lungs). So, while the idea of taping to prevent oxygen from getting in may seem to make sense — sealing the bag ALSO PREVENTS oxygen and CO2 from GETTING OUT... and that's just not what you want at all. Taping as you did isn't the right thing. I know that you're looking into this and constructing a bag along the standard recommendations.
placed the bag on my head, set the flow meter to like 15 or 25 LPM or PSI whatever
You should know exactly, by heart, what this number is and what it means. Your flow meter has multiple scales on it. Please explain exactly what flow rate you intend to use.
the gas was coming out of the tube like strong wind was blowing through my face as I was suffocating bad so I had to immediately turn the gas off and take the bag off me.
I'm wondering if this is just a mechanical thing that you just got too much gas flow suddenly hitting you in the face. We've all had the experience of a strong gust of wind... "knocking the wind out of you". A very high flow can even cause a vacuum to possibly suck air out of one's lungs (called the Venturi effect and that could be very uncomfortable/painful). I'm not saying that's what happened... if it did you're way away from the standard recommendations for inert gas/exit bag... but I'm just grasping for something that would cause an instantaneous effect.

The tip of your hose is quite narrow and this could make it worse... or if the flow rate was cranked-up way too high... and of course aiming a high flow
right at your mouth/nose... all could make it very uncomfortable.
from today: I tested putting another turkey bag on my head (all I did was open it from the box, nothing else) so I can remember what it really felt like and I was fine for a moment but several seconds later I was slowly feeling a bit fuzzy from my head & I was getting tired. I didn't feel discomfort or any pain there
So, you got a sense of what the buildup of CO2 feels like. It should — eventually — have gotten very uncomfortable (even painful) though... maybe the bag was still letting some air in & out?

But it seems possible that CO2 buildup is not the big problem you experienced... because it takes a little time for that to happen.
and when I tried experimenting breathing in the gas as what @DominusWreck sorta suggested (except I didn't use a hose, I just connected the regulator back on to the tank & I was trying to breathe in the gas as close as I could) I didn't suffocate or felt any pain there either.
Just breathing pure nitrogen should be painless (as you demonstrated). But be very careful with that kind of test... you could lose consciousness suddenly.

Last edited:
Reactions: TIMW
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
You could use this mask:

Philips Respironics DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear (Size you can chose)​

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
You could use this mask:

Philips Respironics DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear (Size you can chose)​

@pen, CPAP masks are not applicable for the Exit Bag method as there are ventilation holes embedded within the mask.

Leaving the holes open would bring in the air -- thereby oxygen -- during inspiration; whereas, closing the holes by masking them would trap the CO2 during expiration resulting in hypercapnia.

CPAP masks are designed so that CBT is impossible.

• Love
Reactions: pen
T

TIMW

Jan 17, 2021
You should know exactly, by heart, what this number is and what it means. Your flow meter has multiple scales on it. Please explain exactly what flow rate you intend to use.
I think I just really figured a few things out like for example: The knob on my tank is to set the pressure, the knob on my regulator is to really adjust the flow meter and a lot of people say that I should set the flow meter at 32 CPH & 15 LPM but the question is what's the best amount of pressure that I should adjust at (once you look at the right of side of my regulator) so 1. I can really inflate my bag considering I might have to wait 2 minutes to do so according to some ppl 2. Breathe in & breathe out easily 3. Pass out ASAP and 4. Not likely suffocate at least? I tried hard to find the answers everywhere without having to possibly to buy some kind of book to find them but I just couldn't seem to come across the answers and IDK if it matters that much and IDK if I should turn the knob on my tank for at least a little or halfway but as far as I remember I think I saw 1 person say I shouldn't set the pressure neither too low or definitely too high so I'm just wondering if you happen to know the perfect balance?

I'm wondering if this is just a mechanical thing that you just got too much gas flow suddenly hitting you in the face. We've all had the experience of a strong gust of wind... "knocking the wind out of you". A very high flow can even cause a vacuum to possibly suck air out of one's lungs (called the Venturi effect and that could be very uncomfortable/painful). I'm not saying that's what happened... if it did you're way away from the standard recommendations for inert gas/exit bag... but I'm just grasping for something that would cause an instantaneous effect.

The tip of your hose is quite narrow and this could make it worse... or if the flow rate was cranked-up way too high... and of course aiming a high flow
right at your mouth/nose... all could make it very uncomfortable.
Now that I think about it and as I did some more tests: at the time I tried to die with the 1st attempt using the bag, I actually had the knob on the regulator (Flow meter) set to it's fullest and I had to turn the knob from the tank on (Which is of course it's the pressure from the tank and it tells from the right side of my regulator once I keep turning it & turning it) because it also tells me how much flow meter (left side of regulator) I'm using as I'm trying to set it at around 15 LPM that way and I didn't care about the right side at the time. So yeah basically in short I just wanted to turn the knob from the tank so my LPM can be 15 and I'll let the right side of my regulator stay at zero whatever even though I had my knob from my regulator turned up to it's highest. IDK I guess I just didn't care too much at the time and I just wanted to get this over with so bad and fast, that of course had to be one of the biggest reasons why I failed and another reason why I failed is yes the hose which of course why I'm planning to get a new one. It did make some things difficult indeed.

So, you got a sense of what the buildup of CO2 feels like. It should — eventually — have gotten very uncomfortable (even painful) though... maybe the bag was still letting some air in & out?

But it seems possible that CO2 buildup is not the big problem you experienced... because it takes a little time for that to happen.
Yeah I did try to have a very little gap opening this time and things were looking good I guess. Didn't experience any discomfort or pain at the time.

Reactions: justamortal
Z

Zimcity

Mar 10, 2020
I don't have a flow meter. I figure so long as it's enough to knock you right out it shouldn't matter?
All you need is positive atmosphere in the bag for 10 minutes considering I read you're dead after 4

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I don't have a flow meter. I figure so long as it's enough to knock you right out it shouldn't matter?
All you need is positive atmosphere in the bag for 10 minutes considering I read you're dead after 4
The flow HAS to be the right speed. I am so tired of those who refuse to research their method, and I am sorry, but I will not give any more advice. Check anatomy sites, gas applications, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
Z

Zimcity

Mar 10, 2020
The flow HAS to be the right speed. I am so tired of those who refuse to research their method, and I am sorry, but I will not give any more advice. Check anatomy sites, gas applications, etc.
I've read a fair bit and I've got the pphb. I've not read any reasoning argumenting anything having to be "the right speed".
There has to be enough flow to ensure expulsion of co2, yes - that's noticeable by the positive pressure causing gasses to escape out of the bag. There's no need for a flowmeter for that as I understand it. You would only need a flowmeter if you're operating on the limit of your capacity - i.e fear of running out too soon.
I'm definitely no expert, wich is obviously why I phrased it as a question - but I've yet to see anyone make a point out of why the flow has to be below a certain level for any other reason than comfort - and the regulator seems fine for that.

And besides - the whole point of having that minimum suggested flow is to avoid si to kick in. So I assume it's no danger in going too low other than a failure obviously isn't fun or desired.

As I've been trying to gut up since last night I've started the gas and put it on several times and I can adjust the gas using the regulator and check my neck to ensure I have positive pressure easily enough.

But of course - i AM new at this, so I'm happy to accept if I'm missing something.

L

LifeIsAChore11

Dec 18, 2020
You'd think they could sell kits for this somewhere, minus the tank of course. Some old lady was selling them years ago until she was busted by feds ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ I'd get a copy of the peaceful pill handbook, which I will be too. I think Dr Nitschke came up with this method in the first place unless I'm wrong.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I've read a fair bit and I've got the pphb. I've not read any reasoning argumenting anything having to be "the right speed".
There has to be enough flow to ensure expulsion of co2, yes - that's noticeable by the positive pressure causing gasses to escape out of the bag. There's no need for a flowmeter for that as I understand it. You would only need a flowmeter if you're operating on the limit of your capacity - i.e fear of running out too soon.
I'm definitely no expert, wich is obviously why I phrased it as a question - but I've yet to see anyone make a point out of why the flow has to be below a certain level for any other reason than comfort - and the regulator seems fine for that.

And besides - the whole point of having that minimum suggested flow is to avoid si to kick in. So I assume it's no danger in going too low other than a failure obviously isn't fun or desired.

As I've been trying to gut up since last night I've started the gas and put it on several times and I can adjust the gas using the regulator and check my neck to ensure I have positive pressure easily enough.

But of course - i AM new at this, so I'm happy to accept if I'm missing something.
My friend -- think of the 15LPM as the minimum N2 flow threshold to retain positive pressure sufficient enough to expel expired CO2 for a typical human being. If you believe you can save a few dollars and "wing it" based on intuition, then all the power to you. The premise behind all experiments based on the scientific method is the constancy of variables. For something as serious as CTB, my preference is to be safe than sorry.

Finally, if we applied your logic to the extreme...is there any reason to employ a regulator at all? Simply attach a hose to the cylinder and gradually open the valve to the point of ideal flow based on intuition. Why even bother with the cost of a regulator...just simply self-regulate.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
You'd think they could sell kits for this somewhere, minus the tank of course. Some old lady was selling them years ago until she was busted by feds ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ I'd get a copy of the peaceful pill handbook, which I will be too. I think Dr Nitschke came up with this method in the first place unless I'm wrong.
they do sell kits for this. i got one and i love it. practicing with it till i get it right.

L

LifeIsAChore11

Dec 18, 2020
they do sell kits for this. i got one and i love it. practicing with it till i get it right.
That's nice, but $1,200 is very steep. I guess it doesn't matter because we'll be dead anyways and can just put it on our credit card, but wow talk about price gouging and taking advantage of desperate people in a desperate situation! :I

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
how tricky was it to set up?

The price is pretty high but hey, its a drop in the bucket if its reliable. Especially when I hate the bag method.

Last edited:
E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
how tricky was it to set up?

The price is pretty high but hey, its a drop in the bucket if its reliable. Especially when I hate the bag method.
it is easy to set up. the hardest part is getting a nitrogen tank. i got one on craigslist and got it filled at a local welding gas place - no questions asked. the harness holds the mask on really snug, and the other parts are made of good quality, like the difference between a toyota and a lexus, if you've ever driven a lex, you'd know.

yeah it's a little pricey, but it's prolly the last $1000 i'm gonna spend. if you try to source all the parts separately, you might save a few bucks, but the convenience of a "kit" alleviates the frustration and anxiety that comes with incompatible parts.