• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

goldenbananagirl

Apr 5, 2024
Hi, so I've spent several hours & hundreds of $ trying to get everything for this method. I'm in the US btw.

I'm planning on getting nitrogen from AirGas and I ordered an EEBD hood from the popular Chinese site mentioned here. What I've struggled with greatly is finding the right regulator. I'm considering this one: https://www.wtfarley.com/Nitrogen-Regulator-With-Flowmeter-CGA-580

Even though is costs $400!

I have a few questions about it:
- is it ok that it only shows CFH (not LPM?) I should be able to just convert the CFH to LPM right? (It says CFH x .472 = LPM)

- does this look like the right style? I think it's supposed to be click style

- considering this one because it has a large barb & apparently the EEBD hose is pretty wide so I don't think I'd be able to connect the EEBD hose to most regulator barbs that are 1/4 inch. The manufacturer said the diameter is "nearly 11mm" (.4 inches) when I asked. What do you think?

Any advice is SO appreciated. I'm severely ill and my cognitive function is affected.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
I'm planning on getting nitrogen from AirGas

Are you supplied with a cylinder or do you intend to buy one beforehand and simply fill it at nearest gas depo? I'm only asking to ensure you know the intended regulator fits with the cylinder, as you mentioned the regulators are expensive.

What I've struggled with greatly is finding the right regulator. I'm considering this one:

Even though is costs $400!

Nitrogen regulators seems to be more expensive, luckily for us an argon regulator/flowmeter is significantly cheaper and works almost as good. The Lpm/CFH will not show the correct measurements but can be easily converted.

The recommendation of a click style regulator I believe comes from the PpH, it is a convenient way to easily adjust the correct Lpm, especially for older or non technical users. As long as the correct Lpm is being distributed it doesn't matter.

have a few questions about it:
- is it ok that it only shows CFH (not LPM?) I should be able to just convert the CFH to LPM right? (It says CFH x .472 = LPM)

- does this look like the right style? I think it's supposed to be click style

It doesn't matter, it's just a different scale of measurement ( America uses CFH, most of the world LPM )

The importance is that you know the correct value for your setup (corrected if using an argon flowmeter). I would suggest calculating it, then mark it approximately on the clock with a piece of tape or marker. Then when the times come, you don't have to second guess the correct value and focus on more important things.

- considering this one because it has a large barb & apparently the EEBD hose is pretty wide so I don't think I'd be able to connect the EEBD hose to most regulator barbs that are 1/4 inch. The manufacturer said the diameter is "nearly 11mm" (.4 inches) when I asked. What do you think?

The inner diameter of the tube is what's important here which can differ depending on how thick the EEbd hose is. My nitrogen hose (not a eebd) is 11mm thick but has a 6mm inner diameter. Unless you ask the seller or another user of the inner diameter you won't know until you cut it open. But I guess a 1/4 would fit your eebd.

G

goldenbananagirl

Apr 5, 2024
Hey @Kapsyl, thanks for the info, you're the best.

So a few things:
- I ordered a 80 cu ft (2265 liters) cylinder with the CGA 580 valve as well as the nitrogen regulator with flowmeter CGA 580 so I'll know for sure they're compatible & to make things easier. I will fill the tank at my local Airgas. I'll double check the purity by doing an oxygen test with a dummy head.
- Thanks for the info about CFH & LPM. Silly America with our ridiculous units lol. I can just do the math then and mark the flowmeter like you said. 20 LPM converts to ~42 CFH and my flowmeter goes up to 100 CFH, so I should be able to easily set the right flow at 42 (I'm aiming for 20 LPM as my flow). And if it's an 80 cu ft tank 100% full, then it should last about 2 hours, which is plenty of time.
- About the barb & hose tube, I did try to ask the seller again and they said "kindly measure it once you receive it" so they weren't that helpful. I'll just have to measure it when it comes then and probably use hose clamps to secure it to the barb from the regulator/flowmeter. I may try to see if I can get by without having to extend the hose tube from the EEBD but we'll have to see. I'll be running different tests

Last edited:
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022

So a few things:
- I ordered a 80 cu ft (2265 liters) cylinder with the CGA 580 valve as well as the nitrogen regulator with flowmeter CGA 580 so I'll know for sure they're compatible & to make things easier. I will fill the tank at my local Airgas. I'll double check the purity by doing an oxygen test with a dummy head.
- Thanks for the info about CFH & LPM. Silly America with our ridiculous units lol. I can just do the math then and mark the flowmeter like you said. 20 LPM converts to ~42 CFH and my flowmeter goes up to 100 CFH, so I should be able to easily set the right flow at 42 (I'm aiming for 20 LPM as my flow). And if it's an 80 cu ft tank 100% full, then it should last about 2 hours, which is plenty of time.
- About the barb & hose tube, I did try to ask the seller again and they said "kindly measure it once you receive it" so they weren't that helpful. I'll just have to measure it when it comes then and probably use hose clamps to secure it to the barb from the regulator/flowmeter. I may try to see if I can get by without having to extend the hose tube from the EEBD but we'll have to see. I'll be running different tests
you can get an adapter with differing ends. the clamps will tighten it to airtight. the hood's hose is about 6mm i/d

G

goldenbananagirl

Apr 5, 2024
you can get an adapter with differing ends. the clamps will tighten it to airtight. the hood's hose is about 6mm i/d
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, but what do you mean by an adapter with differing ends?

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
limeoctave

limeoctave

welcome home old friend, how was your life?
Mar 24, 2024
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, but what do you mean by an adapter with differing ends?
maybe they mean that you can get different fittings/nipples with different outside diameters

i'm not sure what the correct English name for this thing is, but i mean this:

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

So a few things:
20 LPM is what Vizzy used successfully to CTB--My click flowmeter has 15 LPM and 25 LPM, not sure which I will use

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
If you have an ample supply of nitrogen I would use 25/lpm. 15/lpm is less draining on resources but can sometimes depending on method not enough for some.
Yes, 25 LPM I think will be my rate of choice to use when I CTB---I still have 2400 Liters in my tank, no leakage over the past year--In testing on myself, I may stick with 15 LPM, because Das_Nicts passed out when he tested it at 25 LPM--Last test, when I took the EEBD Hood off my head at 96, the O2 level dropped another 30 points

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
20 LPM is what Vizzy used successfully to CTB--My click flowmeter has 15 LPM and 25 LPM, not sure which I will use
I found 25lpm best, I was starving for gas at 15. Thats just me though.
if you have differing hose inside diameters on the hood and the gas line you are extending it with then the brass adaptors are avail. at most hardwae places. The best bet is to stick with the eame size hose all the way from the regulator barb to the short hose that comes with the hood.

Last edited:
Reactions: limeoctave
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I found 25lpm best, I was starving for gas at 15. Thats just me though.

if you have differing hose inside diameters on the hood and the gas line you are extending it with then the brass adaptors are avail. at most hardwae places. The best bet is to stick with the eame size hose all the way from the regulator barb to the short hose that comes with the hood.
Yeah, I'm using 25 LPM, got my O2 down to 40 last test I did, lowest ever