• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yes, this movie is an extremely cheesy but the point is, what do you think about this quote?

"We are all slaves to something. I, to eternity. You, to your convictions. Others, to the color of their skin."

- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I agree. At the end of the day, we're all slaves to time, entropy, ourselves, our bodies and our needs. This by extension makes us slaves to capitalism and society (to satisfy these needs). Everyone is just a slave to the system.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yes, slaves to the information bubble: culture, tradition, mainstream media, etc. Then we think we should live, even as slaves.

Reactions: wCvML2 and sserafim
L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
Lol. I've never watched it so I wouldn't know
ohhhh you need to watch it, its good
"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain." – Morpheus

This quote I remember best.
The one I remember is "The matrix is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your televison. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when pay your taxes. It is the world thats been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth"

Its relatable tho :pfff:

Last edited:
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
ohhhh you need to watch it, its good

The one I remember is "The matrix is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your televison. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when pay your taxes. It is the world thats been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth"

Its relatable tho :pfff:
Yes, the Matrix series is really good. They have been telling us this is a simulation for a long time. But why are they telling us?

Reactions: sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yes, the Matrix series is really good. They have been telling us this is a simulation for a long time. But why are they telling us?
The idea that life is a dream has been a recurring theme in various philosophical and religious traditions throughout history. For example, Eastern philosophical traditions like Hinduism or Buddhism.

Some ancient Greek philosophers did explore concepts related to reality, perception, and the nature of existence, which could be interpreted in ways that resonate with the notion of life as a dream. For example:

1. **Plato:** In Plato's allegory of the cave from "The Republic," he describes how people perceive reality based on their limited experiences and senses, likening it to shadows on a cave wall. This allegory suggests that what we perceive as reality may not be the ultimate truth, inviting contemplation on the nature of existence.

2. **Heraclitus:** Heraclitus, known for his doctrine of change and flux, famously said, "You cannot step into the same river twice," highlighting the impermanence and fluidity of existence. This perspective could be interpreted as suggesting that reality is in a constant state of flux, akin to the fleeting nature of dreams.

3. **Parmenides:** Parmenides proposed a distinction between the world of appearances (the world of change and plurality) and the world of true reality (the world of unity and permanence). This dichotomy could be seen as questioning the authenticity of our sensory perceptions and the nature of our reality.

I didn't like the newest one and the one with the big orgy so much, IMHO.

P

plastic

Jan 16, 2021
The truth is that this civilization is trying to enslave us. As soon as you come into contact with the system, you enter a kind of slavery. Anyone who wants to live normally in that system must by default agree to enslavement. But that can be avoided. Let's say I've lived next to civilization all my life, not in it and I was never a slave. That's why I plan my departure so that no one will be able to find me.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Why are they telling you? To let you know that you are asleep, and that if you really want to, you can wake up.
Why would they even let you know that you're asleep though? They wouldn't want you to wake up
The truth is that this civilization is trying to enslave us. As soon as you come into contact with the system, you enter a kind of slavery. Anyone who wants to live normally in that system must by default agree to enslavement. But that can be avoided. Let's say I've lived next to civilization all my life, not in it and I was never a slave. That's why I plan my departure so that no one will be able to find me.
Literally. We're all slaves to the system at the end of the day

Reactions: Homo erectus
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Definitely. We have a ridiculous amount of needs. Some we'll die if we don't sate- drinking and eating. We have so many imposed on us too. We feel the need to succeed, be educated, be good looking, be interesting, have status, be wealthy. Even not being so enslaved to our needs becomes a sort of need! A need for peace. Yeah, definitely- I think we're born into all kinds of slavery.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yes, slaves to the information bubble: culture, tradition, mainstream media, etc. Then we think we should live, even as slaves.
Hmm, by this do you mean: The concept of being "slaves to the information bubble" referring to how individuals can become entrenched in narrow perspectives or echo chambers due to factors like culture, tradition, and mainstream media consumption? These influences shape our beliefs and perceptions, sometimes without us realizing it. As a result, we may accept certain ideas or ways of life without critically examining them, effectively becoming "slaves" to those ideologies or narratives. Recognizing and challenging these influences can help break free from such constraints and cultivate a more open-minded and independent perspective.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
The idea that life is a dream has been a recurring theme in various philosophical and religious traditions throughout history. For example, Eastern philosophical traditions like Hinduism or Buddhism.

Some ancient Greek philosophers did explore concepts related to reality, perception, and the nature of existence, which could be interpreted in ways that resonate with the notion of life as a dream. For example:

1. **Plato:** In Plato's allegory of the cave from "The Republic," he describes how people perceive reality based on their limited experiences and senses, likening it to shadows on a cave wall. This allegory suggests that what we perceive as reality may not be the ultimate truth, inviting contemplation on the nature of existence.

2. **Heraclitus:** Heraclitus, known for his doctrine of change and flux, famously said, "You cannot step into the same river twice," highlighting the impermanence and fluidity of existence. This perspective could be interpreted as suggesting that reality is in a constant state of flux, akin to the fleeting nature of dreams.

3. **Parmenides:** Parmenides proposed a distinction between the world of appearances (the world of change and plurality) and the world of true reality (the world of unity and permanence). This dichotomy could be seen as questioning the authenticity of our sensory perceptions and the nature of our reality.
There is also the "brain in a vat" thought experiment, asking basically the same question as the movie. I wonder which one came first. Maybe both Philosophy and The Matrix are written by the same source behind the simulation teaching people how to think and what to think.

I didn't like the newest one and the one with the big orgy so much, IMHO.

I remember there is a similar orgy party scene in the latest John Wick. Maybe they desperately want to spread some message.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
There is also the "brain in a vat" thought experiment, asking basically the same question as the movie. I wonder which one came first. Maybe both Philosophy and The Matrix are written by the same source behind the simulation teaching people how to think and what to think.

I remember there is a similar orgy party scene in the latest John Wick. Maybe they desperately want to spread some message.
Solipsism, yes. Solipsism, the philosophical concept that only one's own mind is sure to exist, has roots in ancient philosophy but gained more prominence in the modern era. It was particularly discussed by philosophers like René Descartes in the 17th century and further explored by thinkers such as George Berkeley in the 18th century. However, the term "solipsism" itself wasn't coined until the 19th century by German philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach.