• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Islacchi

Islacchi

Jan 19, 2024
What are the best that u all guys use to distract yourself while being in a super down mood or to not think on CTB?
for me a would say my distractions may be Music or just walk around the train tracks but sometimes doesn't help since i have a depressing taste on music but i would like to know more ways, since i'm sure that i'm not really making another year if all goes like this for me and can't even distract somehow

everyone_adores_you

everyone_adores_you

At least I do
Jun 19, 2023
Playing an instrument (but not depressing music of course) and working out can be quite liberating. Basically forcing yourself to spend a lot of energy sometimes gives you precious time free of suicide thougts.

Still, I recommand to not set your hopes top high about your objectives related to the activities mentioned above, because not fullfillng them could be even worse for your mental health.

Take your time.

logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
i've actually found that maximizing my misery ended up making me feel a little better later, that or i just got used to it, but indulging in the mood of hopelessness and despair by listening to sad music and running scenarios through my head calms me down sometimes

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Sleep is my only escape. I take magnesium to induce dreaming. Although my dreams are always mediocre, I am never suicidal in them. Tuning it out ideation in awake hours is literally impossible.

S

SMG08ABUSER

I got no iPhone
Dec 20, 2023
For me, hanging out with my siblings or watching stupid meme videos on youtube really helps. Playing video games also helps push my mind away from such dark thoughts.

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Knowing that I could ctb any day if I wished to, and by having the choice every day I can make the choice to live today, cause I know I can still die tomorrow.

Reactions: Kimlett
Kimlett

Kimlett

Jan 7, 2024
As some have pointed out, things like exercise, videogames or making art can help a lot with distracting in a good way to stop spiraling in the ctb thoughts and, luckily, being able to think more calmly afterwards. I deal with the same issue. I think the most effective things to do are: meeting and talking to people (about anything), visiting places I've never been in, and doing stuff that requires a lot of focus. You can even do it all at once. Of course, one does not have always the energy to do stuff, in those cases texting someone, going to a nice park or watching a funny movie may be enough. I'm trying to apply this myself. Good luck.

C

CreatifUsrnam

Mar 22, 2022
Sorry to hear you're in a down mood.

For me, I find that going for a walk somewhere pleasant is a decent distraction. Maybe a park, a garden, a zoo, a busy city, anywhere really. Shouldn't be a long walk unless you want it to be, a short stroll for 10-30 minutes is preferred. Driving to said place should also be distracting.

Watching good shows, movies, podcasts etc. are similar to music in terms of distracting.

If nothing works, there's always the good ol' nap and sleep.

Reactions: alexithymia (JJ)
Paradise

Paradise

Drown me in the sea
Apr 2, 2023
I love playing guitar violently to let all my emotions out :3

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
For me usually painting game figures and working on models while listening to music or podcasts. Of course my music choices in general aren't uplifting stuff, usually down or even ideation inducing metal. But it lets me zone out and not have any outside interference.

marysfictionalworld

marysfictionalworld

Jan 25, 2024
writing can help, if you have the energy. i have a few docs that i use to type whatever i want when i need to. i also read short books to get my mind off things, though it can be a bit of an effort - but it's nice to have the reprieve if it works.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Reading. Watching movies and anime's that trigger a different mood, snorkeling(not that expensive), going on walks, driving around aimlessly.
I understand not everyone has access to a vehicle but personally it's a worthwhile investment (drivers license and obtaining a vehicle of sorts) because nothing can demand my attention as fast as operating a moving brick. Any small lapses could result in me hurting someone. A bike will do if you have one or a moped as well.
looking into how the brain works is something i like to do as well... like if I feel the want or the need to CTB, i'll usually try and write down my thoughts and try and analyze how it got there. all you need is a pen and paper for this one. lol.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Reading, going outside and watching a show/film. I also drink even if it makes me feel worse afterwards if it's just for the moment.