• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I feel like 20s are really rough. Society has this expectation of it being the best years of your life. College, relationships, for some marriage and kids.

But I probably would unknowing make the same decisions. I don't think the "wait till your 30s" comments is helpful. Yeah you get pain, your body changes, but the bigger problem might be cynicism who knows.

I don't think it's too late for anything even though I sometimes believe it for myself.

My family was really isolated and unhealthy. Grew up with no relationships. Dealt with agoraphobia.. I didn't leave my parents house until I was 29. My mother always had a good way of making me feel like I couldn't do anything.

Still kinda surprised I was able to leave.. but I guess I'm living proof it wasn't too late.

Try not to look into "what you should be doing at X years old" too much.
If you guys wasted your 20s I did as well lol I'm 31 and socially I've never done anything. Never been to a party never even been kissed. I guess in a way it doesn't bother me very much because I'm an introvert and asexual so I never much minded it. I do wish Id worn cooler clothes when I was young enough to pull them off though.

You can still bust it out. Slides with socks.

Last edited:
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
I'm still doing the sub 20 life speedrun :ahhha:
Same here! :heart:
Currently wasting my 20s and I don't care ;) OP finding a job is really tough right now I got rejected 3 times in the past month I feel your pain, and it really sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It's incredibly annoying when young people complain like this and I was one of them. How could you have wasted your 20s? You're 23!!!
I thought my life was over at 20. I was an idiot

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I'm just a few months away from 29 and definitely wish I had it all to do over again. If I had made different choices in my early 20s I think I might have had a shot at a decent life instead of the misery I'm stuck in now. I have mostly wasted my 20s, becoming more and more isolated and withdrawn from society.

Now it feels like if I wanted to continue living for much longer I would have to spend a good chunk of my 30s basically building myself back up to rejoin the world. Obviously the COVID pandemic and its aftermath will probably make this even more difficult than it would usually be. Regardless of how much energy and time it would take I'm just too tired to try and want to leave.

C

ceelestial

Dec 4, 2020
My 20s were absolutely amazing, pure joy and fulfillment, massive achievements, Makes getting ill in your 30s much harder to bare.

ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
It's incredibly annoying when young people complain like this and I was one of them. How could you have wasted your 20s? You're 23!!!
I thought my life was over at 20. I was an idiot
Do you know what's even more annoying? Old people being condescending and trying to erase our life experience.

Reactions: MindFrog and foxdie
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Do you know what's even more annoying? Old people being condescending and trying to erase our life experience.
You don't understand logic. To have wasted your 20s, you would have to be late 20s or out of your 20s.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
You don't understand logic. To have wasted your 20s, you would have to be late 20s or out of your 20s.

While I agree that you technically can't have wasted your 20's if you still have a majority of them to go. I will disagree in saying anyone you don't know doesn't understand logic just based on one statement. That is rather dismissive. I feel you @FireFox and others at a similar age who have expressed feeling this. I feel like I wasted my 20's now that I'm out of them, but I also feel age is just a number. You know yourself best and there are still plenty of years left that could be productive, you never know. It sucks though the world really took a shit this year which makes being productive all the more difficult.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
PapaSuicide

PapaSuicide

Student
Oct 27, 2020
omoidarui i just worry the older i get the less men will find me attractive and i worry everyone will be taken.
I wish I could meet someone sensitive like you and still young! No matter the age! You have to be open to love to enjoy it when it comes.

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
While I agree that you technically can't have wasted your 20's if you still have a majority of them to go. I will disagree in saying anyone you don't know doesn't understand logic just based on one statement. That is rather dismissive. I feel you @FireFox and others at a similar age who have expressed feeling this. I feel like I wasted my 20's now that I'm out of them, but I also feel age is just a number. You know yourself best and there are still plenty of years left that could be productive, you never know. It sucks though the world really took a shit this year which makes being productive all the more difficult.
If all a person has to go on is one statement, then yes one can say another doesn't understand logic or at the very least has a poor understanding of it.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
If all a person has to go on is one statement, then yes one can say another doesn't understand logic or at the very least has a poor understanding of it.

You seem very combative my guy. There are plenty of other places on the web where you can bring that energy. Maybe try not to bring it to a suicide forum of all places where everyone is at their lowest, regardless of their age. You don't judge a person on one statement, it makes no sense. But let's not derail this thread, if you want to pick a fight with me my DMs are open. Let's stay on topic here.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
You seem very combative my guy. There are plenty of other places on the web where you can bring that energy. Maybe try not to bring it to a suicide forum of all places where everyone is at their lowest, regardless of their age. You don't judge a person on one statement, it makes no sense. But let's not derail this thread, if you want to pick a fight with me my DMs are open. Let's stay on topic here.
If a person said they supported Trump, you'd judge them just on that one statement. I would pm you but I wasn't looking for a long discussion.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yeah same here. You just really can't help it especially if you compare yourself to everyone else. When you're already a young adult, people just tend to expect alot from you, even yourself. It's tiring.

Reactions: foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
If a person said they supported Trump, you'd judge them just on that one statement. I would pm you but I wasn't looking for a long discussion.

That is an epic non-sequitur right there. You don't know me and you're just proving my point. Do you have anything to say about those who feel they wasted their 20s?

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I am 23 and every day i feel like i have wasted my 20s.
People spend their 20s having relationships, travelling and doing big things.
I have wasted my life and can't ever see it changing
- i have never had a job it is so humiliating. I feel like i am only 23 year old who has never worked. I apply for minimum wage jobs and get rejected. I feel like have let my family down by failing to get a job

- never had a boyfriend and still a virgin
- I am still living at home and it depresses me soo much.
Being in lockdown has shown me my life is nothing but a failure.
In exactly the same situation but I'm a year younger and a guy. I feel like a creep living in his mother's basement, and I know most people would see me as that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and foxdie
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
bro you clowning you're not even half way through your 20s.

L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
i am in my early 20s and i feel like a total loser i believe there is not hope for me

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I am 23 and every day i feel like i have wasted my 20s.
People spend their 20s having relationships, travelling and doing big things.
I have wasted my life and can't ever see it changing
- i have never had a job it is so humiliating. I feel like i am only 23 year old who has never worked. I apply for minimum wage jobs and get rejected. I feel like have let my family down by failing to get a job

- never had a boyfriend and still a virgin
- I am still living at home and it depresses me soo much.
Being in lockdown has shown me my life is nothing but a failure.
I never went to college, and I've never had a job. I'm also a virgin that still lives with her parents. I may have just turned 24 but I was exactly the same at age 23 as I am now.
It's incredibly painful, but you aren't alone. <3

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Oh brother... My apologies @FireFox and others.

Some people you just can't communicate with. Everything becomes a debate.

Never understood if it was stubbornness or stupidity.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie
Starseedchip

Starseedchip

Born to Die
Oct 13, 2019
I had the opposite experience and can tell you that you didn't miss anything worthwhile. If I could go back in time I would actually do the opposite. I would forgo all the "typical" experiences and relationships. They only destroyed me more. If I could I would have gone off the grid the day I turned 18 and lived a quite existence. Sorry for making this reply about myself, I don't want to discount your experience. The grass is always greener.