• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Okay so firstly I'd like to say that I LOVE other women; I find most of them gorgeous, powerful and amazing. Having an exclusively female disease, I have found a couple of communities that are INCREDIBLE as they support each other unconditionally, finding strength in female solidarity and being able to comfort each other through the very testing trials of these awful, painful, incurable diseases (endometriosis and adenomyosis). I don't want to believe the misnomer that all women are out to compete with each other and are driven by envy n jealousy - we're all so much better than that and surely realise that bolstering each other up is far more constructive, to ourselves as well as others, than constantly ripping each other down.

But I don't have many female friends. Some of this must be down to my often no-nonsense attitude - I'm not particularly "girly"; I don't indulge in many activities that other women enjoy, or watch soaps or reality TV shows, and sometimes I can have little patience for these types of conversation, preferring to speak about other things instead. I've probably inadvertently pushed myself out of many "girly" friend groups and interactions over the years.

However I'm finding a lot of female hostility outside of this, even since I've recognised the failings I have outlined above and have been working to fight them and be more approachable. I've had it fairly constantly throughout my life but it's become especially apparent since I've gotten engaged and started planning my wedding.

I don't think I'm particularly good looking - people have called me beautiful but equally, or perhaps more so, I've been called ugly; I look I'm the mirror and think, "meh". I don't really wear makeup or put that much effort into my appearance. I've been told I look younger than my years but honestly I think that it'll all crash in soon as I'm now very close to 40 and things aren't nearly as supple as they used to be lol

So I get this thing, over and over... unwarranted hostility, outright anger at any tiny piece of good fortune or well-earned reward. I don't know what it is but I get the feeling that in most of these instances, these women seem to think that they are better than me and are annoyed that I have this one thing that they don't, or that I have managed to gain something that I don't deserve, despite them usually having so much more, like a big bank account and/or supportive parents. The feeling seems to be that I've somehow acquired it by nefarious means, despite usually putting in a great deal of work to get anything out of life. I've been accused of "fluttering my eyelashes" to get what I want (NEVER done this n actively fight this kind of behaviour - i.e: I'll never accept drinks from someone who's drunk and ALWAYS tell buyers that I'm taken); been told that I'd've probably gotten a different outcome if I "looked different", or just generally more often considered to be some kind of "vile temptress" in any given situation than an innocent party, despite being in long term, committed relationships for nearly my whole adult life.

It's not like I've little experience with women - I've had female "friends" my whole life, plus four younger sisters. But half of them seem really bitchy the whole time, full of back handed compliments and outright nastiness - I can't speak to two of them right now because every interaction is loaded with thinly veiled malevolence, which is obviously (and provably) fuelled by gossip and long bitching sessions behind the scenes. I had a female best friend for a long time (around 20 years, on and off!) but had to stop speaking to her a few times and permanently since a couple of years ago, as she treated me awfully and expected me to keep coming back for more, blatantly thinking herself better than me and expecting me to bow to her "superiority"; considering her time and experience far more valuable than mine and harbouring little resentments instead of talking them over as regularly encouraged - how can I learn or clear things up if I don't know what I'm doing to upset? This is after a lot of poor behaviour from her that a). was brushed entirely under the carpet, despite a long time of not speaking because of it and b). was never apologised for. I forgave n tried to forget anyway but it still kind of irked me in the back of my mind.

I don't gush about stuff constantly, nor lord it up over anybody, ever. Even the wedding stuff is pretty much secret, considering that most of my family isn't even invited. I'm not particularly lucky, although I do consider myself lucky for finally finding a decent man who is prepared to love n look after me while we sort out this health crap, while communicating effectively and working to solve issues in the relationship instead of ignoring them. I don't have much family, none that I can rely on anyways; I've no career to speak of atm (but by fuck this will definitely change when I get a handle on this illness!!), despite LOVING the job I had; I'm a mother to one 18yo transgender son and again, despite putting my ALL into parenting him (this is the one thing I'm determined not to fail at - serious stuff, raising a kid!), these toxic people call even this into question, despite our relationship being good and my approach being generally applauded by others. I could probably do better but again, could also do a lot worse.

The whole thing frightens and confuses me - there is never a time when I'm not happy for someone having something good in their lives, even if they've been a complete dick to me in the past. Getting married? Good for them! My ex got married last year and I'm so made up for him it's crazy lol

Been travelling, n everyone else is fed up of hearing about it? I WANT to hear their tales of foreign adventures, excited to hear about what they've seen and experienced.

By the way, you lookin' FINE today girl, you're ROCKIN' that look!

TLDR: Sigh. I just wish it was easier to connect with other women. Am I a prick?? I try so hard not to be! I just wonder why I'm constantly being torn down by other women and why nobody can ever seem genuinely happy for anything good I manage to achieve or obtain. I'd love to have a bunch of girls to gush to about my wedding dress n accessories n ring n everything but have to keep it waaaaay on the down low for fear of upsetting someone! Is there anything I could do to be more approachable and/or to stop attracting this kind of behaviour??

Thanks for reading, sorry it's so long lol :heart:

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I've heard lots of my female friends say similar things, and I could have said the same (minus the wedding part!) about men and trying to be masculine.

Is it possible you're just an ordinary person, and that they're the odd ones?

I can't help but wonder if part of the reason that lots of people do the whole gender stereotype thing is to make it easier to fit it, so if you're not into being a girly girl or manly man then it seems natural that it would be more difficult.

Congratulations on getting married by the way :heart:

• Love
Reactions: noaccount and Red
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I will confess that I don't pretend to understand the female mind.

Yet I probably prefer the company of women in most social situations.

Anyway, one thing I have observed is how hard and competitive women can be on each other. It's more cutting than that between men. I sit on interview panels and I observe older female members of the panel really ripping into younger female candidates and then being placid and adoring to inferior male ones. It just seems to be one of those things.

Reactions: Red and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Yes you're a prick. I'm also a prick. Most of the people on here are pricks. But we're a family of pricks and I would defend you until I took my dying breath.
Edit: I thought wamen was some sort of a noodle dish.

Last edited:
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
I've heard lots of my female friends say similar things, and I could have said the same (minus the wedding part!) about men and trying to be masculine.

Is it possible you're just an ordinary person, and that they're the odd ones?

I can't help but wonder if part of the reason that lots of people do the whole gender stereotype thing is to make it easier to fit it, so if you're not into being a girly girl or manly man then it seems natural that it would be more difficult.

Congratulations on getting married by the way :heart:
Reckon you might be spot on there - I've seen men rip into each other out of nowhere and later realised that it was because they're asserting their dominance or feel threatened, or both! I had a super tall bf once n my sister's fella at the time just bit his head off every time he spoke... but only when he was standing up :pfff:

Thank you for the congrats btw :happy:
Yes you're a prick. I'm also a prick. Most of the people on here are pricks. But we're a family of pricks and I would defend you until I took my dying breath.
Edit: I thought wamen was some sort of a noodle dish.
Lol maybe I should've said "more than the average amount of prick"? But then that sounds like boasting about trouser meat, don't want people's fellas to start jabbing at me too :ahhha:
hmm tasty bowl of wamens :pfff:

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
It overall reads to me that you have a lot going for you, and women are horrible to each other, competitive, jealous. I've also gotten hostility from other women, thinly veiled insults, being accused of "batting my eyelashes" when I wasn't even doing anything, I could go on. I'm going to quote (paraphrased) a comment that I saw in a discussion of how horrible women can be to each other, it goes:

"Real women endure not only solitude. They endure the rejection of other women because they have something that other women wish to have."

The comment mentioned more than just rejection, but I can't find the screen shot I have of the person's comment now. But that part of the sentence, "They have something that other women wish to have" is what resonates. It reads to me that you have a lot going for you. So you may "have something other women wish to have." Whether that's because you look great with little effort, if you look younger than your age, that you're getting married, whatever it is.

It's not you. It's them.

Reactions: Red
P

PartlyHuman

Sorry for my English
Jan 10, 2021
Hey I'm not going to say anything bad about other women, I see putting myself above in any way as wrong as there is nothing wrong with being girly (pun not intended). I feel you though, for whatever reason my female friends mostly dissolved lol. I'm not really in need of a friend rn but if you want you can write me and we can chat from time to time, 21F here :)

• Hugs
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
I am a woman that has also had issues with many other women. At this point I've just kind of accepted that the majority of female-dominated social groups are inaccessible to me. It's a shame because I love weddings but don't get invited to many of them because the few female friends I do have don't seem into the marriage thing. I don't know you very well but you don't seem like a prick to me and you definitely aren't the only one who is having this problem. I don't know if there's anything you can do to change people who insist on mean for no reason. My solution was to cycle through social groups until I found people who would accept me and were willing to act like adults.

• Hugs
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
It overall reads to me that you have a lot going for you, and women are horrible to each other, competitive, jealous. I've also gotten hostility from other women, thinly veiled insults, being accused of "batting my eyelashes" when I wasn't even doing anything, I could go on. I'm going to quote (paraphrased) a comment that I saw in a discussion of how horrible women can be to each other, it goes:

"Real women endure not only solitude. They endure the rejection of other women because they have something that other women wish to have."

The comment mentioned more than just rejection, but I can't find the screen shot I have of the person's comment now. But that part of the sentence, "They have something that other women wish to have" is what resonates. It reads to me that you have a lot going for you. So you may "have something other women wish to have." Whether that's because you look great with little effort, if you look younger than your age, that you're getting married, whatever it is.

It's not you. It's them.
Whatever the reason, I resent their problems being transferred over to me lol it's so strange to make yourself feel better by being horrible to other people; I feel so awful if I think I've been horrible to someone!

I hope that you don't get this often, as it's pretty devastating when you get it all the time. You seem grounded and strong n I like that :happy:
Hey I'm not going to say anything bad about other women, I see putting myself above in any way as wrong as there is nothing wrong with being girly (pun not intended). I feel you though, for whatever reason my female friends mostly dissolved lol. I'm not really in need of a friend rn but if you want you can write me and we can chat from time to time, 21F here :)
Aw that's super sweet of you, thank you :heart: my inbox is always open if ever yoI wanna chat too :happy:

I am a woman that has also had issues with many other women. At this point I've just kind of accepted that the majority of female-dominated social groups are inaccessible to me. It's a shame because I love weddings but don't get invited to many of them because the few female friends I do have don't seem into the marriage thing. I don't know you very well but you don't seem like a prick to me and you definitely aren't the only one who is having this problem. I don't know if there's anything you can do to change people who insist on mean for no reason. My solution was to cycle through social groups until I found people who would accept me and were willing to act like adults.
Seems like the best solution, to just ignore the bad ones and only give time to the ones that really seem worth it! I guess trial and error is the best way lol it's so hard not to just cut loose the minute things get sketchy (hanging on in past experience seems to only have led to calamity) but I guess I've got to remember that they're all only human too!

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
If we kill all the wamens will all the mens become gay? Or vice versa? I wonder what a world with only one gender would look like
Whoa that's a bit much :ahhha:
I'm still a wamen, please don't kill me!! Besides, I'm trained in several weapons so you just bloody try it mate :pfff::wink:
Of course people would just start screwing each other no matter what their gender/sexuality- just look at prisons!

Reactions: Makko
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Women are obsolete (and also holograms created by the lizardians from planet nibiru to harvest blood semen to create the ubermensh), Trap are superior.
latest

Reactions: Makko
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
When rain brings the worms to the surface of the soil :pfff: :ahhha:
I really didn't want this to be a HATE THE WAMENS thing, please don't spoil it with bitterness & bile

Last edited:
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
When rain brings the worms to the surface of the soil :pfff: :ahhha:
I really didn't want this to be a HATE THE WAMENS thing, please don't spoil it with bitterness & bile
Don't mind him, he's just one of the local gay cartoon boys