• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
I came across a study on vitamin overdose in monkeys. Sadly they don't say how fast the monkeys passed.

I wonder if, at least for the retinol, it could be taken in via the skin. I know that pregnant people shouldn't use skincare with retinol so that would imply that this could potentially work. That way it couldn't be vomited up or pumped out.

• Informative
Reactions: saddestbunny
saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
interesting, keep in mind they were less than 5 pounds from what I see

to affect a human in the same way might require a LOT more because of body mass, but unsure without reading more into it

they also mention:

"These immediate signs were first noted 3-35 minutes after injection. Following apparent recovery at 1-2 hrs, longer term signs of toxicity, such as decreased activity, malaise, drowsiness, loss of appetite, loss of weight, and itchiness of the skin, appeared within 1-6 days, depending on the dose. Monkeys receiving the highest lethal doses became progressively weaker, showed labored breathing, lapsed into a coma, lost simple reflexes and then died. Respiratory failure usually preceded the cessation of heart beat. In some monkeys on a lower but lethal dose, death was preceded by generalized convulsive seizures."

means only the highest dosed monkeys died and it took a while, up to 35 min, the others survived with those side effects mentioned

since you can die from basically overloading your body with anything I'm not sure how viable this is but incredibly interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweet Tart
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
It sounds painful... Convulsive seizures

Reactions: busybee and saddestbunny
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
interesting, keep in mind they were less than 5 pounds from what I see

to affect a human in the same way might require a LOT more because of body mass, but unsure without reading more into it

they also mention:

"These immediate signs were first noted 3-35 minutes after injection. Following apparent recovery at 1-2 hrs, longer term signs of toxicity, such as decreased activity, malaise, drowsiness, loss of appetite, loss of weight, and itchiness of the skin, appeared within 1-6 days, depending on the dose. Monkeys receiving the highest lethal doses became progressively weaker, showed labored breathing, lapsed into a coma, lost simple reflexes and then died. Respiratory failure usually preceded the cessation of heart beat. In some monkeys on a lower but lethal dose, death was preceded by generalized convulsive seizures."

means only the highest dosed monkeys died and it took a while, up to 35 min, the others survived with those side effects mentioned

since you can die from basically overloading your body with anything I'm not sure how viable this is but incredibly interesting
Ohh that's how to read it. Thanks!
The "300 mg retinol/kg" mentioned at the bottom would still be in the gram range if my math isn't too far off
Issue is that this was injected so the oral dose would differ

• Oral: LD50 Mouse oral 2570 mg/kg (10 day)
  • Oral LD50 4980 mg/kg (rat)
Found via opening retinol msds (most open into pdfs and I don't know how to link that)

so the dose via skin would be even higher...

Reactions: saddestbunny
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023