• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
First off, I want to say I don't condone nor endorse people involving others in their suicide. However, I do blame society for ignoring the issues that caused people to want to CTB and only focusing on preventing CTB without addressing the underlying causes that lead to people wanting to CTB. I'm not pro-life nor pro-death, I'm pro-choice when it comes to one's freedom in deciding between life or death.

Another thing is that this method (while the man did die) is rather unpredictable because he didn't immediately die but suffered a lot of pain (after being shot multiple times) and for most people, that could just incapacitate them and render them unable to die (or worse, a permanent vegetable if vital organs and body parts are hit - e.g. spine, brain, etc). Also, on top of surviving, the person would likely have suffered legal consequences.

Here is the video:

The comments in the video are just really despicable, a lot of pro-life people wishing that he (the suspect/disturbed man) should not have CTB via police. Sure, I would agree with not involving the officers to end his life, but to tout mental-illness, or drugs, or other problems is really presumptuous. There are however, other comments that mentioned that he intended to die and he did exactly that.

Overall, it is a sad situation for both the suicidal man and the police officers there. The officers showed a lot of restraint and everything they did was justified (self-defense) so I don't blame them one bit. I do blame society for not allowing voluntary euthanasia so people like the suicidal man would be able to receive those services (after thorough screening and many checks) and be able to end his life peacefully instead of violently and involving others. While this is just pure speculation, I do believe that if voluntary euthanasia is allowed (with many checks and screenings put in place to prevent abuse), I'm very very certain this man would have gone for the services and exited peacefully with dignity. But of course, society isn't willing to have that so unfortunately, situations like these happen and continue to happen day to day.

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
First off, I want to say I don't condone nor endorse people involving others in their suicide. However, I do blame society for ignoring the issues that caused people to want to CTB and only focusing on preventing CTB without addressing the underlying causes that lead to people wanting to CTB. I'm not pro-life nor pro-death, I'm pro-choice when it comes to one's freedom in deciding between life or death.

Here is the video:

The comments in the video are just really despicable, a lot of pro-life people wishing that he (the suspect/disturbed man) should not have CTB via police. Sure, I would agree with not involving the officers to end his life, but to tout mental-illness, or drugs, or other problems is really presumptuous. There are however, other comments that mentioned that he intended to die and he did exactly that.

Overall, it is a sad situation for both the suicidal man and the police officers there. The officers showed a lot of restraint and everything they did was justified (self-defense) so I don't blame them one bit. I do blame society for not allowing voluntary euthanasia so people like the suicidal man would be able to receive those services (after thorough screening and many checks) and be able to end his life peacefully instead of violently and involving others. While this is just pure speculation, I do believe that if voluntary euthanasia is allowed (with many checks and screenings put in place to prevent abuse), I'm very very certain this man would have gone for the services and exited peacefully with dignity. But of course, society isn't willing to have that so unfortunately, situations like these happen and continue to happen day to day.

Some people apply similar discussions to people who jump in front of trains.....

Reactions: GoneGirl and Oyoy
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Pro-lifers should look at this video when they say "This website should be shut down".
Depriving people of sources of information means people will use methods like this.
Painful, agonizing and violent...
Be violent like a pro-lifer, let the person die in pain!

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I remember seeing this video the suicidal man did it perfectly especially at the end holding the officer at knife point and yes I do condone it I am not going to censor myself with a disclaimer like everyone else just to please other people.

The suicidal man did it perfectly holding the officer at knife point and by doing so it was clear he didn´t wanna hurt the officer he could have cut his throat or stabbed him but he didn´t he wanted to die but I don´t believe the officers were in any danger at all from this individual and as it has already been said it is society´s fault for refusing people who are suffering euthanasia so some people resort to suicide by cop but as OP stated it is very unpredictable you don´t know if the officer will hit a vital organ or artery and it takes courage to do it which this man definitely had most people when they got shot the first time reality sets in how much it hurts I have seen that on the ASP channel many times but this man was determined to die also as OP mentioned you could be hit in the spine and be paralyzed and become a vegetable there are too many factors in which this method can go wrong the same with people JUMPING in front of a train it´s not consistent like other methods.
Pro-lifers should look at this video when they say "This website should be shut down".
Depriving people of sources of information means people will use methods like this.
Exactly, if we had euthanasia or suicide booth (Futurama) we would see a great decline in violent methods that impact other people e.g. suicide by cop, suicide jump, suicide by train etc.

S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
Why police so stupid? I see a men with knife and 2 police officers with guns and they're screaming. Ok, let's say don't know how to fight and deal with knife (be they should), but they could use at least electroshocker (2nd officer had it but decided just to kill that guy?). That's why suicidal people use police to end their lives. Maybe I'm wrong about it, but it seems weird to me.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Why police so stupid? I see a men with knife and 2 police officers with guns and they're screaming. Ok, let's say don't know how to fight and deal with knife (be they should), but they could use at least electroshocker (2nd officer had it but decided just to kill that guy?). That's why suicidal people use police to end their lives. Maybe I'm wrong about it, but it seems weird to me.
I don't think the police were dumb, I think they decided to give every chance for the man with the knife to surrender. As far as using the electroshocker (I assume you mean 'taser' or 'stungun'), it's not always reliable and given my research about police tactics and police gear, a taser is only effective if both prongs connect to the intended target, so if either one of the prongs fail to hit the target, then it's ineffective. Also, with a taser, it's more like a one shot use weapon, so once it's deployed it cannot be easily re-deployed in the heat of the moment. Most US police (and parts of the world too) are trained to take down the threat as soon as possible, not necessarily to resort to less lethal means to subdue the suspect/person. In regards to a knife, there is the 21 feet rule, meaning that an attacker with a knife (or other object that can deal life-threatening injury) can easily close the distance in a matter of 1-2 seconds so the police simply cannot have time to aim and shoot the suspect at a less lethal area (arms or legs) as they are in the heat of the moment. Furthermore, it is said that if your adrenaline is pumping in a life or death situation, oftenly requiring an imminent response (fight or flight), then you just don't have to think and react, you simply react based on your training. In this case, the officer is backing up and firing defensively. One other thing is that sometimes, shooting at an extremity could sometimes result in the suspect bleeding out to death, especially if a round hit an major artery.

S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
I don't think the police were dumb, I think they decided to give every chance for the man with the knife to surrender. As far as using the electroshocker (I assume you mean 'taser' or 'stungun'), it's not always reliable and given my research about police tactics and police gear, a taser is only effective if both prongs connect to the intended target, so if either one of the prongs fail to hit the target, then it's ineffective. Also, with a taser, it's more like a one shot use weapon, so once it's deployed it cannot be easily re-deployed in the heat of the moment. Most US police (and parts of the world too) are trained to take down the threat as soon as possible, not necessarily to resort to less lethal means to subdue the suspect/person. In regards to a knife, there is the 21 feet rule, meaning that an attacker with a knife (or other object that can deal life-threatening injury) can easily close the distance in a matter of 1-2 seconds so the police simply cannot have time to aim and shoot the suspect at a less lethal area (arms or legs) as they are in the heat of the moment. Furthermore, it is said that if your adrenaline is pumping in a life or death situation, oftenly requiring an imminent response (fight or flight), then you just don't have to think and react, you simply react based on your training. In this case, the officer is backing up and firing defensively. One other thing is that sometimes, shooting at an extremity could sometimes result in the suspect bleeding out to death, especially if a round hit an major artery.
I'm not familiar with weapons, but in my opinion it's wrong. The other officer had taser in his hand but didn't use, he decided to wait and shot the guy with real gun, and I didn't see any of them aimed in legs or hands, but head and chest. I could be wrong, haven't seen that many countries, but so far police in US are stupidest, I didn't see police in Europe to kill someone cause of knife.

TheLastSacrifice

TheLastSacrifice

Student
Feb 14, 2020
Yep. Both this site and Active Self-protection are good sources of information.
I'm not familiar with weapons, but in my opinion it's wrong. The other officer had taser in his hand but didn't use, he decided to wait and shot the guy with real gun, and I didn't see any of them aimed in legs or hands, but head and chest. I could be wrong, haven't seen that many countries, but so far police in US are stupidest, I didn't see police in Europe to kill someone cause of knife.
They were not 'dumb' but they let that guy get way too close. Electroshocked?! Lmao.
If you are calling our cops here stupid for using a firearm against a knife you have never experienced anything like this in your life or you would not be talking that shit. Leg shots are extremely difficult to pull off under stress with moving legs. Do you really realize how small of a target area that is, even remaining static and not moving? That's why we aim center of mass man. Tasers are less lethal Weapons and aren't suitable to stop a knife welding deranged individual. You need a lot of distance even with a firearm to react and neutralize a threat without getting maimed or killed. They want to go home to their families and that is more important than sparing an attackers life whatever the context. A person with a knife will fuck you up real quick. Things go from bad to worse real fast. You sound EXTREMELY STUPID and have literally no idea what you are talking about whatsoever.
Shoot a moving attacker in the hands?! They would have to all be like....epic gunslinger skill level to have a chance to pull that off minus the tachypsychia and movement at play. Im laughing so hard right now. I don't mean to come off as arrogant but the level of ignorance in this comment is of epic hilarity to me.
I'm sorry I've talked some s*** on here and I've been mad at the police. I have felt some of these emotions, but looking at it from a clear perspective the only thing they did wrong was not shoot earlier. But they didn't do anything wrong they were trying to spare him. tactically they made an error of letting him get to close honestly I would have shot before he even got near me with that knife I would have put him down at 30 feet. I definitely would have put them down at 20 feet. if he got closer to me than 20 feet I would have been running backwards as fast as I can varying off to the side and an angle and emptying my entire magazine into him center of mass. if you come at someone with a blade, they have every right to take you out, they have every reason to and if they don't they're stupid or untrained and inexperienced.

Last edited:
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
You surely know by now you have something most don't. That is common sense. And in regards to people lashing out at me over train driver yesterday I'd say a fair amount here are like that YouTube board. People enjoy being nasty and vicious especially behind a digital screen.

TheLastSacrifice

TheLastSacrifice

Student
Feb 14, 2020
You surely know by now you have something most don't. That is common sense. And in regards to people lashing out at me over train driver yesterday I'd say a fair amount here are like that YouTube board. People enjoy being nasty and vicious especially behind a digital screen.
I'm not trying to be mean to the person who posted that I just really I really can't find any other words. That's why I try to go with the words ignorant rather than more derogatory things but even when I said stupid I don't really mean like that that person is completely stupid overall as a person. I mean on this one specific subject. But I can't find fault with my words on that on this one specific subject. Trying to shoot some charging attacker with a knife in the hands is absurd if anyone has ever like tried to do that they would know. Just trying to hit a Target that small you know.

Another thing is that this method (while the man did die) is rather unpredictable because he didn't immediately die but suffered a lot of pain (after being shot multiple times) and for most people, that could just incapacitate them and render them unable to die (or worse, a permanent vegetable if vital organs and body parts are hit - e.g. spine, brain, etc). Also, on top of surviving, the person would likely have suffered legal consequences.

Here is the video:

This was well said.

Last edited:
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
This was a surprisingly hard watch? The distress in that cop, he didn't want to do it. He tried.

And like @TheGoodGuy said, he did everything right. I don't think this dude would've hurt that cop. Just a sad situation after he got up and kept walking bleeding. At least he got his escape and not some hellhole criminal/psych institution when he obviously didn't want to hurt anybody, he just wanted to rid the pain. RIP homie glad you're not hurting

TheLastSacrifice

TheLastSacrifice

Student
Feb 14, 2020
This was a surprisingly hard watch? The distress in that cop, he didn't want to do it. He tried.

And like @TheGoodGuy said, he did everything right. I don't think this dude would've hurt that cop. Just a sad situation after he got up and kept walking bleeding. At least he got his escape and not some hellhole criminal/psych institution when he obviously didn't want to hurt anybody, he just wanted to rid the pain. RIP homie glad you're not hurting
As much as I have said about it, I watched this video a long time before I came to SS and it was very sad and distressing. Please don't mistake my word above as some "blast a mothafucka" attitude. This was very sad but I don't like seeing either party unfairly judged. That could have been me, in either position (never been a cop but I have been attacked). I empathize with both parties. At the end of the day, you have to do what you have to do, if you want to live.
It looks like a really bad thing when they dump a full magazine into someone but in this case the assailant or emotionally disturbed person (EDP) had gotten too close. Took down an officer. Could have killed him with that blade. No choice. Bullets don't always stop someone right away. They may run 30 feet after having 16 9mm rds. hit them, stab someone then fall over and die or try to run away, make it 50 feet and just lay down and die. It's not a tv show. People don't just drop. It happens like that where they do but it's not usually the case. Often they can run some distance before keeling over.

Please consider what these people have to say before judging the police. I know I was very angry with the law myself and it's ironic that I'm now defending them with such zeal but.... reality.
Listen to Officer Williams at 11:45.

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
This would be a fucking gamble, guess the suicidal would want to create a situation where they have multiple guns pointed at them and then draw an airsoft or knife, idk.

Y

yoyogirl

Oct 19, 2021
Under their ethical code the police should of prevented that man from ending his life that way. As although they are there to protect people from crime, deal with criminals etc they have also protect people from themselves as duty of care.