pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
A leaked initial draft of majority opinion shows that the US Supreme Court (SCOTUS) is set to overturn its own ruling in the famous 1973 Roe v. Wade case. In that landmark case, SCOTUS ruled that the United States Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment guarantees a right to privacy that allows a pregnant woman to choose whether to have an abortion. While SCOTUS added that the right to choose to have an abortion was not absolute, Roe v. Wade nullified several state and federal laws on abortion and ensured that American women had safe access to abortion by trained medical personnel in the years and decades that followed.

The Chief Justice of SCOTUS acknowledged the leaked draft was genuine but clarified that it does not represent the decision of SCOTUS or the final position of any member on the case. Still, it looks like SCOTUS is all set to overturn Roe v. Wade. This means that states could again legislate against abortion and even criminalise the same.

This is a very, very dangerous situation for American women. Once Roe v. Wade is overturned, several states would severely restrict abortions or even ban them outright with harsh penalties for violators. Women in several states would lose all access to safe abortions by trained medical personnel. Untrained quacks would be back in business with back alley abortions and some women may even resort to performing abortions on themselves.

All this would take a serious toll on the physical, mental, emotional and reproductive well-being of women. The suicide rate would go up for pregnant women and more unwanted and unloved children would be brought into this world. Pathetic! Sickening! Abhorrent!

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: ConstantPain, LittleJem, WonderingSoul and 28 others
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
It really is so disgusting. Every day the world is getting worse and worse. And remember that this is only the beginning. Soon they'll recriminalize gay marriage, interracial marriage, gender reassignment surgery, women's right to vote -- it won't stop until they have their authoritarian ethnostate. God bless America.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: user_name_here, ShornSoloists, WonderingSoul and 22 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Well. Seems like I'm going to kill myself if I get pregnant, if I can't get an abortion. I know I may feel different if that was to ever happen, but pregnancy is already one of my biggest fears, literally one of my worst nightmares.

Who knows what will happen next, as the user above me pointed out.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, clown_17, Trannydiary and 13 others
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
The US is becoming a third world shitystan, no surprises there. Although, not in favor of abortion myself but do find some circumstances warranted of it.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Trannydiary, Brianiskillingme and 4 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Ahhhh yes, the American Taliban hard at work…

• Love
Reactions: Trezzohno, Trannydiary, DynamicDepression and 5 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I was shocked to hear this. Talk about going backwards.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, ColorlessTrees, Blackcomedy87 and 11 others
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
USA home of the free... Unless you have a uterus. It's shit like this that make me wonder why people think the left is so powerful there. It's absurd.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, _Seeking and 9 others
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
  • Hmph!
  • Yay!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, pikku.tiikeri, Irrelevant biologist and 7 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Fuck. This.

Some actually can't give birth safely without a high chance of death for both parties. And this is so infuriating, r**e victims are going to have to give birth to their abuser's kid, they literally are talking about overturning that exception. It's literally common sense that teenagers are more likely to die during childbirth, and literal children raising babies won't end well.

This is so fucking stupid. There are millions of abandoned children waiting to be adopted that are suffering in poor conditions.

I hope all the people in the government that want this each gets a random baby out of nowhere, one that they have to pay and take care of everyday. Bonus points the in Ruining Lives Category if they don't want the baby or love them. Extra bonus points if the child ends up having a miserable life or hates themselves.

Just look up on google "my parents" or anything related to parents and most searched results are negative or depressing.

• Love
Reactions: clown_17, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
jenny6391bubbles

jenny6391bubbles

a hikikomori waiting to catch the bus
Mar 1, 2021
i remember when some asshats here in the philippines banned birth control because of some religious bullshit and man. why do people do this shit... really hoping abortion doesnt get banned there :// reproductive health care needs to be a right everywhere

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, ColorlessTrees, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 9 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Seems like The Handmaid's Tale is slowly becoming a reality.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, clown_17, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 6 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
It really is so disgusting. Every day the world is getting worse and worse. And remember that this is only the beginning. Soon they'll recriminalize gay marriage, interracial marriage, gender reassignment surgery, women's right to vote -- it won't stop until they have their authoritarian ethnostate. God bless America.
The opposite is actually happening, it surprises me that in America they haven't legalized pedophilia and zoophilia

• Yay!
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Nolan96, whatevs and 4 others
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
And hookup culture will finally die. Maybe meaningful, long term relationships will make a comeback. The family unit will be strong and society can rebuild.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: The Disinherited, turningoveranewleaf, ThriveOrDie and 7 others
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
And hookup culture will finally die. Maybe meaningful, long term relationships will make a comeback. The family unit will be strong and society can rebuild.
Also a lot of rape babies... I guess one ""good"" thing about pro-lifers is that they generally argue for relaxed/easy gun-laws so if everything goes their way; while the country of America would be pretty shit at-least you can go to a shop then buy a .45 or higher caliber gun for 100ish dollars then kill yourself painlessly

• Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem, clown_17, natali4 and 3 others
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

Dec 12, 2021
Reactions: Shu, ShornSoloists, Irrelevant biologist and 7 others
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
I thought most rape cases go unsolved or take longer than max weeks you can get an abortion before it gets solved, in which case a woman would just say another reason to get it that isnt rape. Also I doubt a lot of women would admit to carrying a rape baby.

• Love
Reactions: ConstantPain, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, noaccount and 2 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Based. Very based. Bring back the patriarchy.
Common sense really. I've always understood that abortion is about putting your comfort, convenience and health first. And I understand that women don't want to be pregnant and pop a baby every year. I wouldn't either. Hell, I'm pretty much an antinatalist. But the topic is whether abortion can be seen as killing a person.

Really, is a difficult topic. Where do you draw the line? When the fetus has heartbeats? When the condom is being used and a life being prevented to start? Obviously, if you have to cut and slice, you're very visibly killing someone, so from some months onwards you're fucked. You either have a baby you don't want, or you have it killed. Better to act before. And best of all, prevent conception in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Panna
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
The opposite is actually happening, it surprises me that in America they haven't legalized pedophilia and zoophilia
Except those two things are actually horrible. Gay Marriage, interracial marriage, women's rights, and abortion aren't even remotely comparable to that.

So hypocritical for some to come on here and try to advocate for the right to die and do what they want with lives and body, but have an issue with this.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, ColorlessTrees, natali4 and 13 others
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

Dec 12, 2021
I don't see condoms as a problem as the sperm by itself is nothing. You're just catching body fluids with a rubber net. Honestly if the extremist religious leaders would ease up and accept condom use a lot of these issues could be avoided in the first place.

Reactions: The Disinherited
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
A leaked initial draft of majority opinion shows that the US Supreme Court (SCOTUS) is set to overturn its own ruling in the famous 1973 Roe v. Wade case. In that landmark case, SCOTUS ruled that the United States Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment guarantees a right to privacy that allows a pregnant woman to choose whether to have an abortion. While SCOTUS added that the right to choose to have an abortion was not absolute, Roe v. Wade nullified several state and federal laws on abortion and ensured that American women had safe access to abortion by trained medical personnel in the years and decades that followed.

The Chief Justice of SCOTUS acknowledged the leaked draft was genuine but clarified that it does not represent the decision of SCOTUS or the final position of any member on the case. Still, it looks like SCOTUS is all set to overturn Roe v. Wade. This means that states could again legislate against abortion and even criminalise the same.

This is a very, very dangerous situation for American women. Once Roe v. Wade is overturned, several states would severely restrict abortions or even ban them outright with harsh penalties for violators. Women in several states would lose all access to safe abortions by trained medical personnel. Untrained quacks would be back in business with back alley abortions and some women may even resort to performing abortions on themselves.

All this would take a serious toll on the physical, mental, emotional and reproductive well-being of women. The suicide rate would go up for pregnant women and more unwanted and unloved children would be brought into this world. Pathetic! Sickening! Abhorrent!

I don't think that it's a good idea to restrict or make abortions illegal, since they are a good help if women become the victims of rape, for example, but there are also reasons in support of restricting abortions - especially for people with a religious mindset.

pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
I don't think that it's a good idea to restrict or make abortions illegal, since they are a good help if women become the victims of rape, for example, but there are also reasons in support of restricting abortions - especially for people with a religious mindset.

People with a religious mindset? Right now, no one is preventing them from their religious bullshit of carrying any and every fertilised egg to birth. This is about them forcing their religious nonsense on everyone else. Separation of church and state is being thrown out of the window. This is very similar to the rogue regimes in Iran, Saudi Arabia, the Taliban savages in Afghanistan etc. Islamic fundamentalist regimes are rightly condemned, but this is Christian fundamentalism at work in America.

What about religious freedom of non-Christians? Atheists, Jews, Buddhists, pagans etc.?

What is going on is an insidious and concerted effort to take away the human rights of women and girls. There are bills being drafted in American states that declare "life" begins at fertilisation and treats any attempt to interfere with it as a serious crime. This is a death sentence to any woman who suffers an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.

It is not only cases of rape, incest and foetal deformities/abnormalities that require an abortion. An ectopic pregnancy is a life-threatening complication where the embryo is outside the uterus. If not removed immediately, it will kill the woman. Miscarriages and stillbirths have to be removed medically in many cases, or the women suffering them will die. Pregnancy is a serious medical topic with a lot of complications that cannot be left to be regulated by medically & scientifically illiterate politicians and priests.

Jesus Christ! I'm a man, I'm not even American and still my blood begins to boil on seeing all this. I would be absolutely livid with uncontrollable rage if I were an American woman.

Don't lose heart and don't give up, American women & girls! And right thinking American men & boys too! The fight to prevent your rights being taken away from you begins now!

• Love
Reactions: ConstantPain, WonderingSoul, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 14 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
People with a religious mindset? Right now, no one is preventing them from their religious bullshit of carrying any and every fertilised egg to birth. This is about them forcing their religious nonsense on everyone else. Separation of church and state is being thrown out of the window. This is very similar to the rogue regimes in Iran, Saudi Arabia, the Taliban savages in Afghanistan etc. Islamic fundamentalist regimes are rightly condemned, but this is Christian fundamentalism at work in America.

What about religious freedom of non-Christians? Atheists, Jews, Buddhists, pagans etc.?

What is going on is an insidious and concerted effort to take away the human rights of women and girls. There are bills being drafted in American states that declare "life" begins at fertilisation and treats any attempt to interfere with it as a serious crime. This is a death sentence to any woman who suffers an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.

It is not only cases of rape, incest and foetal deformities/abnormalities that require an abortion. An ectopic pregnancy is a life-threatening complication where the embryo is outside the uterus. If not removed immediately, it will kill the woman. Miscarriages and stillbirths have to be removed medically in many cases, or the women suffering them will die. Pregnancy is a serious medical topic with a lot of complications that cannot be left to be regulated by medically & scientifically illiterate politicians and priests.

Jesus Christ! I'm a man, I'm not even American and still my blood begins to boil on seeing all this. I would be absolutely livid with uncontrollable rage if I were an American woman.

Don't lose heart and don't give up, American women & girls! And right thinking American men & boys too! The fight to prevent your rights being taken away from you begins now!

I could agree that it should be the right for women to abort their children, but then there is the question of morality. Is it moral to kill an unborn baby, and is it moral to engage in hook-up culture?

Since I do agree that it is the right for women to go through with an abortion, I do also believe that they should pay for the whole cost themselves, since the choice to do it is on themselves.

Also, I don't believe that any state should have any right to restrict or promote abortions, or any personal matters, at all.

I'm not here to convince you, but to say that I somewhat agree with you, although my own, personal opinion leans against abortion.

Last edited:
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Remember when california added aztec chants to its school curriculum prasing gods that were given human sacrifices. Sounds crazy but it actually was a thing that became legalized for a while. Worlds gone insane!

Reactions: Hirokami, Nolan96 and whatevs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There are millions of abandoned children waiting to be adopted that are suffering in poor conditions.
Babies get adopted immediately every trime, unless they are damaged by drug or alcohol abuse by the mother- sad but true. People like the chance to shape their children from birth.

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
I do not support abortion laws and in fact if presented the choice I'd rather them be considered an inalienable right for women instead of outright banned altogether, that said I'm honestly surprised it took this long for a court to overturn the decision. Roe v Wade has been on shaky ground from a legality and constitutional standpoint, even more so after abortion became a political issue with those eager to oppose it for their personal gain, and I have even seen some liberal legal experts as well as those who support the ultimate outcome of it point out the flimsiness of it. This was always going to end with either the Democrats codifying it into law or the Republicans overturning it and because the Democrats never actually delivered on their attempts nor followed through on their promises to codify it this is the end result.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I do not support abortion laws and in fact if presented the choice I'd rather them be considered an inalienable right for women instead of outright banned altogether, that said I'm honestly surprised it took this long for a court to overturn the decision. Roe v Wade has been on shaky ground from a legality and constitutional standpoint, even more so after abortion became a political issue with those eager to oppose it for their personal gain, and I have even seen some liberal legal experts as well as those who support the ultimate outcome of it point out the flimsiness of it. This was always going to end with either the Democrats codifying it into law or the Republicans overturning it and because the Democrats never actually delivered on their attempts nor followed through on their promises to codify it this is the end result.
There are mnay aobrtions where the baby has come outy crying and the mother has been devastated by this, so the ifght to overturn this would never end based on this. Of course people feel strongly on both sides of the issue- some say the mother should be able to abort because it is her body, and some say the baby's body is their own and that the mother shouldn't have the right to kill the baby. If the mother has the right to control her body, doesn't the baby have the right to control theirs?

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
If the mother has the right to control her body, doesn't the baby have the right to control theirs?

There will never really be a right answer, because in one scenario you are taking a woman's right to her bodily autonomy away and in the other you are taking away a child's life. I do believe that a mother has a far better idea of what the child is going to be born into than the child does however which is why she is better suited to make this decision. Obviously it is possible for some to have a happy life even with the roughest of starts, maybe they'll even be adopted by a billionaire after being put up for adoption, but if they are born to a single mother who didn't want them or to two woefully ill prepared parents who were forced to carry to term then put them up for adoption they are put at an immediate disadvantage in life.

Furthermore, my issue with abortion laws is how restrictive many of them are and will be. Take the Texas Trigger Law for example; The ONLY exception that would make an abortion OK legally is if the woman is likely to die or be injured in childbirth. That's simply too restrictive. What if the child has a potentially lethal disability and their own odds of living long after birth are slim? What if they were a product of a rape? In neither of those scenarios do I think the woman should be forced to deal with the mental anguish that giving birth to the child could bring. More morally gray, what if they literally did everything they could to prevent a pregnancy to begin with? Should they REALLY be forced to carry out a pregnancy they decidedly did not want? I can't answer that with 100% certainty because the woman knew that there was always a chance they MAY wind up pregnant, however minuscule it may be, but I am leaning towards no, it doesn't seem right.

Reactions: Hirokami
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There will never really be a right answer, because in one scenario you are taking a woman's right to her bodily autonomy away and in the other you are taking away a child's life. I do believe that a mother has a far better idea of what the child is going to be born into than the child does however which is why she is better suited to make this decision. Obviously it is possible for some to have a happy life even with the roughest of starts, maybe they'll even be adopted by a billionaire after being put up for adoption, but if they are born to a single mother who didn't want them or to two woefully ill prepared parents who were forced to carry to term then put them up for adoption they are put at an immediate disadvantage in life.

Furthermore, my issue with abortion laws is how restrictive many of them are and will be. Take the Texas Trigger Law for example; The ONLY exception that would make an abortion OK legally is if the woman is likely to die or be injured in childbirth. That's simply too restrictive. What if the child has a potentially lethal disability and their own odds of living long after birth are slim? What if they were a product of a rape? In neither of those scenarios do I think the woman should be forced to deal with the mental anguish that giving birth to the child could bring. More morally gray, what if they literally did everything they could to prevent a pregnancy to begin with? Should they REALLY be forced to carry out a pregnancy they decidedly did not want? I can't answer that with 100% certainty because the woman knew that there was always a chance they MAY wind up pregnant, however minuscule it may be, but I am leaning towards no, it doesn't seem right.
I am in favor or some of the exceptions- in cases of rape, severe disability, and some others- these apply to only a small percent of cases. Healthy babies have many chances to go into good, stable homes, so this is not an issue at all. I do have somewhat mixed feelings on overturning Roe v Wade, it would be better if women were choosing on their own to give birth and then let them be adopted rather than to kill them, but this really hasn't happened much.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Based. Very based. Bring back the patriarchy.

Common sense really. I've always understood that abortion is about putting your comfort, convenience and health first. And I understand that women don't want to be pregnant and pop a baby every year. I wouldn't either. Hell, I'm pretty much an antinatalist. But the topic is whether abortion can be seen as killing a person.

Really, is a difficult topic. Where do you draw the line? When the fetus has heartbeats? When the condom is being used and a life being prevented to start? Obviously, if you have to cut and slice, you're very visibly killing someone, so from some months onwards you're fucked. You either have a baby you don't want, or you have it killed. Better to act before. And best of all, prevent conception in the first place.
Maybe with a patriarchy in place you would have a better shot at losing your virginity.

• Yay!
Reactions: milly, Élégie, whatevs and 1 other person
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

Dec 12, 2021
Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Weebster