GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Genocide/ethnic cleansing. I don't have any words. I can't even feel anything about this yet, it's so atrocious. Not just the hysterectomies, also that it's a privatized detention facility which in general pisses me off, and that it's like a concentration camp.

American Dream my ass.

When I lived in Guatemala, I was invited to speak to a group of people who wanted to immigrate to the US and I declined. I didn't have anything good to say and didn't want to shit on their dreams, now I'm even more glad that I never encouraged anyone to immigrate. Frying pan into fire.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Deleted member 8975, snowman626, foxdie and 8 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i'd say disgusting, but disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it. i wonder how these people sleep at night.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ, puppy9 and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
More coverage from different sources:

• Aww..
Reactions: Lupgevif and puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
America is the last place I wanna migrate. The hate on migrants is appalling. They're just pawns for political gains.
Rohingya stranded at sea for seven bloody months for a country to reluctantly accept them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: XYZ and GoodPersonEffed
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I saw this it is horrible. Thank you for talking about it.

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
When I lived in Guatemala, I was invited to speak to a group of people who wanted to immigrate to the US and I declined. I didn't have anything good to say
I live here and I don't have anything good to say either. This country is despicable. Thanks for sharing the news btw.

• Love
  • Hugs
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I live here and I don't have anything good to say either. This country is despicable. Thanks for sharing the news btw.

I left the States in 2016 and have since only briefly returned. I don't hate it as much as I used to, the time away has been very helpful, but it's freeing to live in other cultures because their burdens aren't mine. I grew up in the Southwest, I know how Latinos are treated in the US, especially if they are poor, and I knew those people weren't going to be living the American dream like they see in the movies. But for all I know it could have been better than what they were experiencing in Guatemala, and who am I to shit on their dreams. Their experience of America would be very different than mine. I've since met Guatemalans living in the US, they have their own communities, and the conditions are often much better than back in Guatemala...if they can survive the dangers of the border crossing coyotes, being taken advantage of once in the US, potential ICE detention, abuse from their own people in the US, etc. These folks aren't likely to get visas and be welcomed in the front door. They're freaking poor. Seriously poor. They face incredible challenges. I had several Guatemalan men hit on me for a green card. Folks there are desperate and don't have any safe way out, nor any safe ways in to what they dream of in the States. It's just sad. In Guatemala, I was treated by the indigenous as a walking dollar sign or a walking green card. I'm an actual human in Mexico.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Soul, XYZ and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I left the States in 2016 and have since only briefly returned. I don't hate it as much as I used to, the time away has been very helpful, but it's freeing to live in other cultures because their burdens aren't mine. I grew up in the Southwest, I know how Latinos are treated in the US, especially if they are poor, and I knew those people weren't going to be living the American dream like they see in the movies. But for all I know it could have been better than what they were experiencing in Guatemala, and who am I to shit on their dreams. Their experience of America would be very different than mine. I've since met Guatemalans living in the US, they have their own communities, and the conditions are often much better than back in Guatemala...if they can survive the dangers of the border crossing coyotes, being taken advantage of once in the US, potential ICE detention, abuse from their own people in the US, etc. These folks aren't likely to get visas and be welcomed in the front door. They're freaking poor. Seriously poor. They face incredible challenges. I had several Guatemalan men hit on me for a green card. Folks there are desperate and don't have any safe way out, nor any safe ways in to what they dream of in the States. It's just sad. In Guatemala, I was treated by the indigenous as a walking dollar sign or a walking green card. I'm an actual human in Mexico.
It's so sad that we have fellow human beings living in such conditions. It makes me sick reading about what others have to go through, and as much as I hate it here I feel lucky. Wish I had more to say, but idk. Think it was all summed up with that...

• Love
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
Unfortunately, this is standard fare for the US. It's sickening but vulnerable groups being medically experimented on, sterilized, or outright killed seems to persist despite any outrage, historically and currently.

i'd say disgusting, but disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it. i wonder how these people sleep at night.

I imagine they sleep quite well because they probably don't see them being as human as they are.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Admittedly, I am in a bad shape right now, but reading your op makes me bawl my eyes out.

It's 2020 and they mutilate women...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, WinterFaust and GoodPersonEffed
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
This is serious?! America 2020?!

How hasn't the whole country revolted against this? This is shameful. Something that doesn't even belong in "The Onion," much less reality.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, GoodPersonEffed and BitterlyAlive
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I can't stop thinking about the fact that there are women who have parts of the bodies removes against their will...

I agree with you @Wisdom3_1-9 How does not the press revolt? How are we even talking about something else? How does the Earth not stop spinning?

I imagine myself being in that vulnerable position and I feel how my soul shatters at the cruelty and the injustice of it all.

• Love
Reactions: WinterFaust and Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
The aim seems to be to prevent the women from having "anchor babies" (if they're born in the US they're citizens; and then their immediate families can't easily be deported). I wonder if they're performing abortions as well.

I am trying and failing to imagine the discussion stages of this plot. "Does anyone know a gynecologist with a hysterectomy fetish?"

It shudders me.

• Wow
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, GoodPersonEffed and XYZ
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
The aim seems to be to prevent the women from having "anchor babies" (if they're born in the US they're citizens; and then their immediate families can't easily be deported).

I hadn't considered that at all. Excellent analytical perspective.
I am trying and failing to imagine the discussion stages of this plot. "Does anyone know a gynecologist with a hysterectomy fetish?"

He has no gynecological certification, but he's a surgeon. So maybe a surgeon with a gyneco-eugenic fetish? I did wonder if men are getting vasectomies, too, but maybe that's harder to cover up, or maybe this is another example of how women's bodies are always targets of war. Your thought above makes much sense, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
The aim seems to be to prevent the women from having "anchor babies" (if they're born in the US they're citizens; and then their immediate families can't easily be deported). I wonder if they're performing abortions as well.

It shudders me.
You bring up a really interesting point. I'm still sickened by the intrusion on human rights and boundaries, but...it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of it

Reactions: Soul and GoodPersonEffed
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
I wish I could say this shocks me, but sadly the despicable nature of humans doesnt shock me anymore.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@GoodPersonEffed, I reckon it's so much simpler for a woman to demonstrate maternity that maybe vasectomies aren't considered crucial. I suppose a man can apply for asylum on the basis of an "anchor baby" without the mother saying "yes, he's with me", but he'd need genetic tests to prove it.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
A lot of people seem to forget that the US was made of immigrants. The majority of people who live there migrated, the ones in power are immigrants themselves