Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I honestly don't give a rat's ass about your presence since you are a pretentious inconsiderate nobody.
In which case why did you even bother butting in? I've seen this weird cry-bully crap done to death on this forum, your routine is an achingly familiar one and I'm naturally going to exercise my right to reply to people pretending an innocuous post was "dangerous" for dramatic purposes, so maybe, idk, don't do it?

Reactions: lobster salad and killedbypsychiatry
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm not sure how many people *not permanently online* feel a great deal of confidence in calling themselves communists tbh, where l am espousing relatively mild social democratic reform is a one way ticket to vilification central but there we are.
To be honest, I wasn't even referring to you, I agree with your point that this current situation is not about communism. I'm terrible at phrasing some stuff in this language so I'm sorry if it came out in a vilifying way. I'm fine with SocDems and we probably agree on more than you think.

if I get a little bit heated in this discussion is because the horrors that the communist terrorists have subjected my country is something that I can't even begin to describe.
You're right in that people declaring themselves to be fascists will receive opprobrium but the reality is those who are at that particular rightward end of the political spectrum are given greater legitimacy than their left equivalents. Le Pen being just one very obvious example of essentially fascistic politics given a media-friendly veneer. People may not feel comfortable using the F word to describe their politics but l can assure you, that's pretty much where the discomfort ends.
This is where the anglosphere truly differs from the hispanosphere. The voices that are being given the most legitimacy, coverage and even monetary support are extremely far to the left. As evidenced by many political movements and governments that were elected in the previous decades in the region. only a few are openly communists, the rest are careful with their use of this word, but their ideologies and support for certain divisive figures in the region tell another story.
The funny part is that many young people are straight turning towards libertarianism in response to the inefficiency of their governments. I guess this mirrors what's happening with the pro-communist youths in the anglosphere.

Reactions: Chinaski
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Fine, let them go, somebody would prefer to live in North Korea than in the USA, that's ultimately fair enough imo.

Who am I to hold them back? Let them get a migrant visa from their beloved commie dictator Kim Jong-Un if they can.

Reactions: lobster salad
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
you are the one who is labelling others offensive names.
I honestly don't give a rat's ass about your presence since you are a pretentious inconsiderate nobody.

I suggest you watch your mouth and quit swearing.
They are speaking the truth and pushing back on nonsensical ahistorical narratives being pushed here.

• Yay!
Reactions: bleeeeeep and Depressed Cat
D

Deleted member 8975

In which case why did you even bother butting in? I've seen this weird cry-bully crap done to death on this forum, your routine is an achingly familiar one and I'm naturally going to exercise my right to reply to people pretending an innocuous post was "dangerous" for dramatic purposes, so maybe, idk, don't do it?
still havin an anxiety attack … it's his thread for venting…no need to be mean… he is not a bully…no routine

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: lecyleclec, Weeping Garbage Can and DeutscheKartoffel
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Ukraine is just like Poland in 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland and nobody cared. France and England declared war to Germany but they didn't do a single thing to help Poland. The same thing will happen for Ukraine. Ukrainian people was, is and will be alone in their suffering. That is probably the saddest thing about war in Ukraine.

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, DeutscheKartoffel, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
Calling people stupid and telling others to fuck off?
Wake up to yourself.

You either have the decency discuss things politely or go elsewhere.

We are not interested in dealing with ignorant people.

• Love
Reactions: grungeCat and Deleted member 8975
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
They are speaking the truth and pushing back on nonsensical ahistorical narratives being pushed here.

Welcome to the discussion! Have you managed to get your migrant visa from your beloved commie dictator Kim Jong-Un? Unlike the USA's open borders and welcoming attitude to immigration & emigration, the commie Kim Jong-Un keeps his borders firmly shut and shoots those who try to sneak in or out.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Wake up to yourself.

Going to cut this shit dead and remind all that l never called anybody stupid, either directly or obliquely, and neither did l tell anyone to "fuck off".

I mean, the posts are literally within this thread, people can read them and decide for themselves, so yeah, turn it in imo.

Reactions: lobster salad and killedbypsychiatry
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
Wake up to yourself.

My god… they never called anyone stupid

Last edited:
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I usually don't say much about politics. But what do people want the US/NATO to do?
Send lots of money to Ukraine and sanction Russian assets? They seem to have already done that, or are in the processes of doing more of it. Do you want more of that?
Do you want a military intervention? There is no stomach for a global war in the US - besides some fringe groups (which there always will be), nobody wants a war. Besides, if there were American 'boots on the ground', that would turn Ukraine into a much, much worse warzone. You think it's bad now? If NATO goes in, the fighting would be so much worse and could lead to wiping parts of Ukraine off the map. Is that preferred?

Reactions: Sister of the Moon, justsayin, lobster salad and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 8975

Like the op and the numerous posts in this thread and elsewhere when discussing Putin's Russia, we've kind of covered this already so I'm assuming you're being deliberately obtuse at this point.

Going to cut this shit dead and remind all that l never called anybody stupid, either directly or obliquely, and neither did l tell anyone to "fuck off".

I mean, the posts are literally within this thread, people can read them and decide for themselves, so yeah, turn it in imo.

My god… he never called anyone stupid
A0617C5C 93CA 4048 961E 122DAFB4623F

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, empty, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Dec 12, 2021
I usually don't say much about politics. But what do people want the US/NATO to do?
Send lots of money to Ukraine and sanction Russian assets? They seem to have already done that, or are in the processes of doing more of it. Do you want more of that?
Do you want a military intervention? There is no stomach for a global war in the US - besides some fringe groups (which there always will be), nobody wants a war. Besides, if there were American 'boots on the ground', that would turn Ukraine into a much, much worse warzone. You think it's bad now? If NATO goes in, the fighting would be so much worse and could lead to wiping parts of Ukraine off the map. Is that preferred?
I suspect Ukraine is no longer going to exist and majority of it becoming Russian puppet state by the end of this conflict.

Military intervention was necessary to halt Russian aggression.
Even preserving western and capital parts of the Ukraine in a defensive position would be better than spectating from the sideline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good on Ukrainian people's resilience against Russian imperialism
  • Russian forces are becoming increasingly frustrated by what the US believes is "viable" and very determined Ukrainian resistance, a United States defence official says.
  • The UK's defence ministry says the Russian advance into Ukraine had temporarily slowed, probably because of logistical problems and strong resistance.
  • Germany will send 400 rocket-propelled grenades, 1000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger surface-to-air missiles to support Ukraine

(RIP to those who lost their lives.)

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Depressed Cat and Deleted member 8975
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Dec 12, 2021
images

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Blondi and Deleted member 8975
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Do you want a military intervention?

First off, I'm not Ukrainian and have never been to Ukraine.

The US (and NATO) spent billions in Afghanistan, losing thousands of soldiers in the process, training, arming and mentoring an "Afghan National Army" that dropped their weapons at the first sight of the Taliban and handed the country back to the primitive barbarians after 20 long years.

Now you see a small but heroic nation of people with a democratically elected popular leader courageously defend their land, their soil, their families and their very existence as a nation from a grotesquely evil bloodthirsty bastard and his cowardly war criminals who vastly outnumber and possess vastly greater firepower than the heroic defenders. The imperialist Russian invaders are using every dirty war trick, including bombing homes, schools, hospitals and slaughtering children with the aim of achieving their dastardly objective of subjugation and occupation of a fiercely resistant nation of peace-loving, democratic people.

Don't you think the US and NATO wasted their time, money, effort and lives for the wrong nation and people?

Okay, I understand the lack of appetite for involvement in another foreign war. Ukraine is not a NATO member and so they don't have any obligation to defend it.

Why not use Poo-tin's tricks against him? Send in a few highly trained NATO special forces units with plenty of advanced weaponry disguised in Ukrainian camouflage to aid the heroic Ukrainian people who are putting up a fierce resistance to the cowardly war criminals.

Poo-tin's diabolical invasion and occupation plans are not going according to script as his uniformed thugs have been stunned by the courageous resistance of the Ukrainian heroes. It will boost the morale of the determined defenders and NATO's crack commandos can inflict heavy casualties on Poo-tin's vodka-drinking goons and Ramzan Kadyrov's criminal Chechen thugs that have been unleashed on the peace-loving people of Ukraine.

The CIA have been involved in several covert military operations using American troops overseas that may not even be known to the American people. Here is a just cause if ever there was one!

The Ukrainians are fighting the cowardly aggressors not only for themselves, but for the whole of Europe and the free world. They need all the help they can get.

One thing is clear. With or without any help from the US, EU and NATO, the exceedingly courageous Ukrainian nation and people will emerge out of these dark times successfully as they have in the past, despite having to endure great pain and suffering. I hope that all Ukrainians butchered in this evil invasion get to experience everlasting peace. 💐 And I hope the injured and traumatised Ukrainians recover fully soon. 💙💛

(And no, I don't give the slightest damn about the Russkie invaders and occupiers getting killed. They may rot in hell for all I care!)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Auto Immunity After, Silenos and Istanbulite
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
The US (and NATO) spent billions in Afghanistan, losing thousands of soldiers in the process, training, arming and mentoring an "Afghan National Army" that dropped their weapons at the first sight of the Taliban and handed the country back to the primitive barbarians after 20 long years.

Now you see a small but heroic nation of people with a democratically elected popular leader courageously defend their land, their soil, their families and their very existence as a nation from a grotesquely evil bloodthirsty bastard and his cowardly war criminals who vastly outnumber and possess vastly greater firepower than the heroic defenders. The imperialist Russian invaders are using every dirty war trick, including bombing homes, schools, hospitals and slaughtering children in the process to achieve their dastardly objective of subjugation and occupation of a fiercely resistant nation of peace-loving, democratic people.

Don't you think the US and NATO wasted their time, money, effort and lives for the wrong nation and people?

Okay, I understand the lack of appetite for involvement in another foreign war. Ukraine is not a NATO member and so they don't have any obligation to defend it.

Why not use Poo-tin's tricks against him? Send in a few highly trained NATO special forces units with plenty of advanced weaponry disguised in Ukrainian camouflage to aid the heroic Ukrainian people who are putting up a fierce resistance to the cowardly war criminals.

Poo-tin's diabolical invasion and occupation plans are not going according to script as his uniformed thugs have been stunned by the courageous resistance of the Ukrainian heroes. It will boost the morale of the determined defenders and NATO's crack commandos can inflict heavy casualties on Poo-tin's vodka-drinking goons and Ramzan Kadyrov's criminal Chechen thugs that have been unleashed on the peace-loving people of Ukraine.

The CIA have been involved in several covert military operations using American troops overseas that may not even be known to the American people. Here is a just cause if ever there was one!

The Ukrainians are fighting the cowardly agressors not only for themselves, but for the whole of Europe and the free world. They need all the help they can get.

One thing is clear. With or without any help from the US, EU and NATO, the exceedingly courageous Ukrainian nation and people will emerge out of these dark times successfully as they have in the past, despite having to endure great pain and suffering. I hope that all Ukrainians butchered in this evil invasion get to experience everlasting peace. 💐 And I hope the injured and traumatised Ukrainians recover fully soon. 💙💛

(And no, I don't give the slightest damn about the Russkie invaders and occupiers getting killed. They may rot in hell for all I care!)
Kadirov thugs will be sooo tough to handle :((( please please Kyiv stay strong
FMjDNjUWQAQAraN

• Love
Reactions: Depressed Cat
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
The notion that NATO, the noble peacekeeping force adored throughout the world, was let down after twenty years of heroic sacrifice by a cowardly Afghan military is not a serious analysis by any stretch.

I would also add that if you're going to describe the Taliban as "primitive barbarians" you should probably extend that critique to those who installed them in the first instance, and then perhaps ask yourself why they did it

(clue: it wasn't the communists).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, justsayin and bleeeeeep
B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022

Now you see a small but heroic nation of people with a democratically elected popular leader courageously defend their land, their soil, their families and their very existence as a nation from a grotesquely evil bloodthirsty bastard and his cowardly war criminals who vastly outnumber and possess vastly greater firepower than the heroic defenders. The imperialist Russian invaders are using every dirty war trick, including bombing homes, schools, hospitals and slaughtering children with the aim of achieving their dastardly objective of subjugation and occupation of a fiercely resistant nation of peace-loving, democratic people.

i think you're forgetting the part where the US/NATO imperialists 'accidentally' murdered thousands of entirely innocent Afghan civilians in their homes, schools, hospitals, even weddings.. the Afghan people didn't just 'drop their weapons' either. many left to seek refuge, much like many Ukranians are rightfully doing now. ridiculous reading of the situation

• Love
Reactions: lecyleclec, justsayin, lobster salad and 1 other person
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
i think you're forgetting the part where the US/NATO imperialists 'accidentally' murdered thousands of entirely innocent Afghan civilians in their homes, schools, hospitals, even weddings.. the Afghan people didn't just 'drop their weapons' either. many left to seek refuge, much like many Ukranians are rightfully doing now. ridiculous reading of the situation
first point spot on
second not so much. seeking refuge is the same as surrendering. or my english is going awful?

UKR doing exact opposite now. they are defending their city fearlessly.

and If Turkey was attacked, no way I would be seeking refuge.

• Love
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel and Depressed Cat
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022

Oh, come on! I clearly said the "Afghan National Army" dropped their weapons, or didn't put up much of a fight, despite everything that went into their creation and all the weapons and training they received from NATO.

Afghan civilians fleeing the horrors of war and seeking refuge elsewhere is perfectly fine, as is the case with Ukrainian civilians doing so now.

And yes, the US/NATO were indeed the aggressors in that war, and there's no doubt that they killed plenty of civilians, especially with drone strikes. Highly condemnable!

Last edited:
Reactions: Istanbulite
B

bleeeeeep

Jan 5, 2022
first point spot on
second not so much. seeking refuge is the same as surrendering. or my english is going awful?

UKR doing exact opposite now. they are defending their city fearlessly.

and If Turkey was attacked, no way I would be seeking refuge.
your english isn't awful, but seeking refuge in a safe country is absolutely not akin to surrendering. plus, the suggestion that the people of Afghanistan didn't fight for their country is not just wrong, but disrespectful to those who were killed in the process. it's obviously much more complicated than can be put in this post, and i'll not pretend to know everything about every conflict, but i'm almost positive the Afghan people were not 'cowardly,' as seems to have been suggested previously.

also, there are literally tens of thousands of Ukrainians at the Polish border being welcomed with open arms (unlike refugees from other countries might i add) https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/2/26/100000-ukrainians-flee-to-poland-amid-russian-attacks

aaaand i don't mean this to sound disrespectful, but if you were under threat of someone drone striking your home or killing your entire family, i am pretty much certain you and anyone with sense would try to leave. i know i would

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, justsayin and Chinaski
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
Oh, come on! I clearly said the "Afghan National Army" dropped their weapons, or didn't put up much of a fight, despite everything that went into their creation and all the weapons and training they received.

Afghan civilians fleeing the horrors of war and seeking refuge elsewhere is perfectly fine, as is the case with Ukrainian civilians doing so now.

And yes, the US/NATO were indeed the aggressors in that war, and there's no doubt that they killed plenty of civilians, especially with drone strikes. Highly condemnable!
actually not even all civilians, I am a tennis enthusiast, most UKR tennis players are now up in arms. sounds heroic
your english isn't awful, but seeking refuge in a safe country is absolutely not akin to surrendering. plus, the suggestion that the people of Afghanistan didn't fight for their country is not just wrong, but disrespectful to those who were killed in the process. it's obviously much more complicated than can be put in this post, and i'll not pretend to know everything about every conflict, but i'm almost positive the Afghan people were not 'cowardly,' as seems to have been suggested previously.

also, there are literally tens of thousands of Ukrainians at the Polish border being welcomed with open arms (unlike refugees from other countries might i add) https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/2/26/100000-ukrainians-flee-to-poland-amid-russian-attacks

aaaand i don't mean this to sound disrespectful, but if you were under threat of someone drone striking your home or killing your entire family, i am pretty much certain you and anyone with sense would try to leave. i know i would
Those are female and people who are too old and too young. Not even all civillians left, some did and should ofc.

B

bleeeeeep

Jan 5, 2022
Oh, come on! I clearly said the "Afghan National Army" dropped their weapons, or didn't put up much of a fight, despite everything that went into their creation and all the weapons and training they received from NATO.
idk, i feel like we overestimate how much 'work' was put in there. they were clearly not well equipped enough, despite wherever all that money went, for the mess they were left with. but that's besides the point anyway. just thought it was a bit of an unfair comparison to make, especially considering the US and allies were constantly bombarding Afghanistan for decades – i would flee as soon as i got the chance too, even if it meant deserting. that doesn't make them a lesser or weaker people

Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Keep em coming baby.

• Love
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
Ukraine is just like Poland in 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland and nobody cared. France and England declared war to Germany but they didn't do a single thing to help Poland. The same thing will happen for Ukraine. Ukrainian people was, is and will be alone in their suffering. That is probably the saddest thing about war in Ukraine.
To be fair there really wasn't much the British and French could do at the time. The French did invade the Saarland but were rebuffed. Basically the British came to the conclusion that they were going to have a casus belli come hell or high water and they decided to throw down the gauntlet the next time Germany made a move to annex more territory. Poland itself was simply the sacrificial lamb for that purpose and they served their role quite well, lured as they were into their stance of non-negotiation with two rather powerful empires on either side of them bearing down. They were more or less tricked into not making a prudent play for time and making a deal with one devil or the other.

As far as the comparison goes I'm not sure it really fits. This current war actually started back in 2014 and this recent invasion is only a dramatic escalation of that conflict. The Poland situation developed rapidly, this has been a slow burn where for whatever reason Putin has decided that NATO encroaching too close to Russia and the refusal of allowing eastern, mostly ethnically Russian territories that want to be part of Russia and not part of Ukraine any longer since the revolution of 2014 are problems. Always using the rhetoric of appeasement isn't useful in my opinion because I think there's a deal that could easily be made with Putin whereby those districts are allowed to "re-district" into Russia and from that point safeguard the territorial integrity of Ukraine as a NATO ally in exchange.

I don't think the full-scale invasion is a wise move, though, as Putin appears to be trying to show restraint in an attempt to convince Ukrainians to join his side, but mixed with an invasion that's not an easy sell even if they are trying to limit the damage, and when you invade you generally need to inflict a lot of damage in a hurry to have success.

Reactions: grungeCat
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
idk, i feel like we overestimate how much 'work' was put in there. they were clearly not well equipped enough, despite wherever all that money went, for the mess they were left with. but that's besides the point anyway. just thought it was a bit of an unfair comparison to make, especially considering the US and allies were constantly bombarding Afghanistan for decades – i would flee as soon as i got the chance too, even if it meant deserting. that doesn't make them a lesser or weaker people

I was only comparing the professional Afghan National Army (and all they got from NATO) with the Ukrainian defenders.

It was not, and was never meant to be a comparison between the Afghans and Ukrainians as a whole.

And I never, ever accuse the Afghan people of cowardice. How can I? They were the Mujahideen volunteer fighters that defended their country heroically after the commie USSR's invasion & occupation. It was the mighty blow dealt to the commies by the Afghan Mujahideen that drained them and served as the final straw that broke the camel's back and led to the collapse of the USSR and the dismantling of Eastern Bloc puppet regimes.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Keep em coming baby.

These must be part of Kadyrov's criminal thugs and gangsters sent into Ukraine with decks of cards to target and kill top Ukrainian government officials.

The Chechen Ramzan Kadyrov happens to be the biggest & most violent thug in the Russian mafiocracy (after bloodthirsty Poo-tin, of course) and is hated by ordinary Chechens and Russians alike for his crimes and brutalities.

I hope each and every single one of Kadyrov's thugs goes back to Russia in a bodybag. They are among the vilest & most hated creatures on the planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Istanbulite
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
The US shouldn't have been in Afghanistan either, but Afghanistan military resistance is pretty different from Russian military resistance. Afghanistan fighting was largely contained to that area. A war between NATO and Russia would be a global war - a much, much, much bigger scale.

And, to reemphasize, NATO entrance into Ukraine (which won't happen as things stand, but suppose it did) would probably be a disaster for the Ukrainian people. NATO versus Russia would escalate the violence of the conflict very badly very fast. This thing just started a few days ago. Wait and see what happens. If the propaganda is to be believed, Russians are doing poorly. No need to demand anymore massive escalation unless anything big changes.
Something is probably going on as we speak. Besides, NATO hasn't left Ukraine by itself, as some people seem to be pretending (not saying you are). There is substantial financial/indirect military support to Ukraine, and substantial financial harm for Russia.
One thing is clear. With or without any help from the US, EU and NATO, the exceedingly courageous Ukrainian nation and people will emerge out of these dark times successfully as they have in the past, despite having to endure great pain and suffering.
Unless you're just making silly claims for propaganda value, you seem to already think Ukraine will come out on top. So, the reason you want NATO military intervention is just to make a whole lot more people "endure great pain and suffering" or...?

To reiterate, NATO is not leaving Ukraine alone. A lot is being done (and I'm sure more is behind the scenes), but this rhetoric encouraging direct NATO military intervention isn't helping anything.

Anywho, I probably won't comment much more on this thread. I originally commented mainly because I was interested with what people actually want NATO to do, and I got that answer more or less. Back to browsing other threads!

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, DeutscheKartoffel and Depressed Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.