• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Traveller12724

Experienced
May 14, 2024
So my adopted family found out today that I quit my job kind of abruptly but what they don't know is that it was because I was planning to ctb next sunday 07/27, now they are coming in town (they live in another state) this Thursday for a visit, I really need convincing reasons to tell them why I would quit a relatively good job.

This really sucks because I was in a good mental frame in terms of getting ready for my impending ctb but now this forces me to move my ctb to the followinf sunday instead of this sunday and now I have to restart again getting in that mental space after they leave.

Can you guys think of any legitimate reasons that can explain why someone would quit a relatively good job ?

another_creature

another_creature

Above an abyss
Sep 14, 2023
Give some background, such as, how long you'd been working there and what was your regular attitude towards it? Is it a casual job or one with a profession?
I can think of a lot of ideas but some might fit for one scenario and not another.

Also, important: do they know you specifically quit or could you make it seem you got fired? (You can also always say you were to embarrassed to admit you were fired so you said you quit).

Reactions: Traveller12724
T

Traveller12724

Experienced
May 14, 2024
Give some background, such as, how long you'd been working there and what was your regular attitude towards it? Is it a casual job or one with a profession?
I can think of a lot of ideas but some might fit for one scenario and not another.

Also, important: do they know you specifically quit or could you make it seem you got fired? (You can also always say you were to embarrassed to admit you were fired so you said you quit).
1) I had been there for almost 5 years

2) It's a professional job

3) They knew I was kind of indifferent towards the job, neither hated nor loved it per say.

They know I quit for sure

another_creature

another_creature

Above an abyss
Sep 14, 2023
1) I had been there for almost 5 years

2) It's a professional job

3) They knew I was kind of indifferent towards the job, neither hated nor loved it per say.

They know I quit for sure
Alright, like I said, the more information the better.
But going with this and as streamlined as possible, say you felt like it's getting redundant, you will be looking for a new job soon because you feel confident you can lend something better paying, even if as boring (none of this has to be true of course, it's just the narrative.) depending on where you live and what they know, you can also say you're in a process with an overseas company hiring for remote work and you're already in the process hence why you quit as you're certain you'll get it and just need to finalize some legal documents and similar. If they ask for info, say you don't wanna jinx it and didn't wanna talk about it until you get it in general, and you'll announce everything once you get it.

So, to summarize these options:
- say you are dissatisfied with current job for [reasons that are easy for you to come up with or explain] and you want to just take it slow for a while while looking for other options as you are certain you can get better pay/you think you are qualified enough to get it

- say you started a process with another company and were waiting for confirmation. There are still steps to be finalized before you actually start working and out told them you'll only start on [x date]. You are waiting for he final documents or processes to be approved.

If neither works, feel free to give more info etc

• Informative
Reactions: Traveller12724
T

Traveller12724

Experienced
May 14, 2024
Alright, like I said, the more information the better.
But going with this and as streamlined as possible, say you felt like it's getting redundant, you will be looking for a new job soon because you feel confident you can lend something better paying, even if as boring (none of this has to be true of course, it's just the narrative.) depending on where you live and what they know, you can also say you're in a process with an overseas company hiring for remote work and you're already in the process hence why you quit as you're certain you'll get it and just need to finalize some legal documents and similar. If they ask for info, say you don't wanna jinx it and didn't wanna talk about it until you get it in general, and you'll announce everything once you get it.

So, to summarize these options:
- say you are dissatisfied with current job for [reasons that are easy for you to come up with or explain] and you want to just take it slow for a while while looking for other options as you are certain you can get better pay/you think you are qualified enough to get it

- say you started a process with another company and were waiting for confirmation. There are still steps to be finalized before you actually start working and out told them you'll only start on [x date]. You are waiting for he final documents or processes to be approved.

If neither works, feel free to give more info etc
Thanks so much for your input for sure, I appreciate it!

• Hugs
Reactions: another_creature