• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
My psychology class started today and I love it! It's hard because I had to write an essay and I've taken a lot of notes. I feel pressure to do well academically to make people proud, and I also just want to do well. I have two modules to do by Monday, doable, but probably not gonna be super easy. Then two more modules due by the 26th, as well as a presentation due by the 26th. I don't know much about the presentation but I imagine my professor will tell us soon. The class is very short, only 10 days (May 16th to May 26th). There's also an extra credit assignment in the grade book, so I hope we find out what that is, and I'll probably do that too.

Basically my assignments are 4 Module-based short essay-like assignments in APA format, with in-text citations, work cited page, and at least 2 sources. It's tough but I enjoy it. Then, there's 4 module tests, and the other assignments mentioned previously. There's quite a bit to do but it keeps me occupied so I don't mind.

I'm just so excited and I like studying so this is all a good thing for me mentally. My hand hurts from note-taking. Anyways, the grind doesn't stop so I'm gonna chill for a little bit longer then it's back to note taking so I can feel more prepared for the Module 1 test. I'm gonna try to knock that out tomorrow.

goh.nix

goh.nix

Hopeful
Apr 15, 2023
That's wonderful! Good luck with the workload. I just finished my first psychology college class and it was tough, but so rewarding! I hope you'll find it worth the effort too. The pressure to make others proud can be really difficult to shake, but just know that learning and feeling good is more important than a grade. Sending all of my support and encouragement your way! 📣🤗

uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
go you!! i am so glad you love your class! manage your time well so you could stay on top of all your modules, but also remember to take care of yourself too. try your best not to procrastinate, it eats on your sleep time a lot, and sleep deprivation made some of my college classes miserable. XD

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
That's wonderful! Good luck with the workload. I just finished my first psychology college class and it was tough, but so rewarding! I hope you'll find it worth the effort too. The pressure to make others proud can be really difficult to shake, but just know that learning and feeling good is more important than a grade. Sending all of my support and encouragement your way! 📣🤗
THANKS! I'm taking notes as we speak but took a small break as my hand is cramping. I think the workload is the way it is because the class is so condensed. But I appreciate that, I hope I can shake the feeling, I've always been that way though so I may not be able to. I hope you continue to do well in college as well!
go you!! i am so glad you love your class! manage your time well so you could stay on top of all your modules, but also remember to take care of yourself too. try your best not to procrastinate, it eats on your sleep time a lot, and sleep deprivation made some of my college classes miserable. XD
It's hard because I SUCK at time management, but I'm getting a handle on it. I have ADHD so it definitely doesn't assist me. I'll try my best not to procrastinate, no promises! 😂

Bleedingheartbeat

Bleedingheartbeat

One day at a time 🌻
May 12, 2023
You have no idea how encouraging this was to read. I'm starting college next year, same degree (psychology). And one of the biggest obstacles has been the fear that I'll fail because of all my mental illness challenges (Bipolar and BPD). But I really want to do this course. It's encouraging to see someone real going through the degree and even though it's challenging, you're doing it. I'm so proud of you!

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
You have no idea how encouraging this was to read. I'm starting college next year, same degree (psychology). And one of the biggest obstacles has been the fear that I'll fail because of all my mental illness challenges (Bipolar and BPD). But I really want to do this course. It's encouraging to see someone real going through the degree and even though it's challenging, you're doing it. I'm so proud of you!
Thank you! But, my degree isn't in psychology, the psychology class is just part of my social/behavioral science part of general education. I have ADHD (unmedicated) but I'm doing good so far! My major is computer science, but I think you'll do great! I have faith in you! My advice is don't let your anxiety or fear hold you back, it's the only reason I didn't start last year, push through your fear, you got this!

Also, as a general update, I did my first test in the class and I got an 84 😬, I didn't study as well on the final chapter of the module! I'll study harder next time

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
I'm also considering a part time job but I'm fearful of how doable that is, will I be able to manage the two responsibilities at once? I'm fearful of if I can or not essentially, I don't need the money but I feel like I need a work history for when I graduate.

uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
I got an 84
whatre you talking about, that's pretty good!

and for the part time job thing, do you think you could contact a school counselor for their advice? i imagine they'd be better suited to give you advice, but as for myself i couldn't have managed doing school and a part-time at once. i was at school 7 am to 5 pm, monday to friday, with the evenings spent studying or catching up on requirements and studying for tests, and the weekends for unwinding.

Reactions: greenabyss
T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
whatre you talking about, that's pretty good!

and for the part time job thing, do you think you could contact a school counselor for their advice? i imagine they'd be better suited to give you advice, but as for myself i couldn't have managed doing school and a part-time at once. i was at school 7 am to 5 pm, monday to friday, with the evenings spent studying or catching up on requirements and studying for tests, and the weekends for unwinding.
I suppose I could, I'm definitely waiting until all my classes start, because right now I'm only in one class, then 3 start and ones probably gonna be pretty intensive, precalc, it's 5 credit hours so about 5 hours of class per week. My family keeps telling me to get a job too though. Mainly my aunt. If I absolutely cannot and need the work history, I'll work during the next summer I guess. I don't know if I can manage it, this single class is proving difficult so far due to poor time management.

I feel like juggling a job and school is gonna be really hard if I try, probably doable but I have no clue so far. Might have to get my ADHD medicated to even do it, no idea :/

And thanks about the grade, I guess I'm my own worst critic haha.

Bleedingheartbeat

Bleedingheartbeat

One day at a time 🌻
May 12, 2023
Thank you! But, my degree isn't in psychology, the psychology class is just part of my social/behavioral science part of general education. I have ADHD (unmedicated) but I'm doing good so far! My major is computer science, but I think you'll do great! I have faith in you! My advice is don't let your anxiety or fear hold you back, it's the only reason I didn't start last year, push through your fear, you got this!

Also, as a general update, I did my first test in the class and I got an 84 😬, I didn't study as well on the final chapter of the module! I'll study harder next time
Thanks! You've definitely hyped me up for next year!😂❤️

84 is great what do you mean?? Don't downplay your intelligence like that you did great! And now you know where to improve if you want to score better. Computer Science is no child's play, and so it inspires me that you're going ahead and doing this. Keep us posted with how you're doing. I'm rooting for you!

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
Thanks! You've definitely hyped me up for next year!😂❤️

84 is great what do you mean?? Don't downplay your intelligence like that you did great! And now you know where to improve if you want to score better. Computer Science is no child's play, and so it inspires me that you're going ahead and doing this. Keep us posted with how you're doing. I'm rooting for you!
Thank you, and I'm glad I could help!

As for the grade, maybe I'm my own worst critic at times! I probably could've got a little higher if I studied a little more but a B isn't bad. I'll definitely keep posting here as time goes on! I'm rooting for you as well! I know you can do it!

Reactions: Bleedingheartbeat
T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
Did even worse on my module 2 test, got a 76 this time and I feel like I studied even harder this time, it's kinda demoralizing tbh

• Hugs
Reactions: LaVieEnRose
juxtajuno

juxtajuno

bpd qweenie <3
Jan 25, 2023
don't be so hard on yourself. C is a passing grade still, right? as long as you're passing the class you should be fine. i hope everything continues to go well for you. best of luck!!

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Did even worse on my module 2 test, got a 76 this time and I feel like I studied even harder this time, it's kinda demoralizing tbh
Well you're just going to have to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Review your mistakes and get ready for the next test.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
Well you're just going to have to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Review your mistakes and get ready for the next test.
It doesn't tell me what I got wrong, that's the main issue. I don't know what I got wrong because the online testing system doesn't say. I'm gonna start studying for the next test. I need to get 2 tests on 6 total chapters done by Wednesday as the class is so condensed
don't be so hard on yourself. C is a passing grade still, right? as long as you're passing the class you should be fine. i hope everything continues to go well for you. best of luck!!
Yeah it's passing, I did the math and so long as I don't bomb the other tests and fail any of them, as well as do the extra credit, my final class grade should fall between an 80-90 (jd have to do really good to get a 90, i think I'd have to get a 95 on the next two tests), so a final grade of an A is out of the question, I'm either gonna have a B or a high C, hopefully a B. But thank you!

Reactions: juxtajuno
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It doesn't tell me what I got wrong, that's the main issue. I don't know what I got wrong because the online testing system doesn't say. I'm gonna start studying for the next test. I need to get 2 tests on 6 total chapters done by Wednesday as the class is so condensed
Just try not to lose heart; you got a long journey ahead of you and you'll probably face challenges and grades you aren't happy with, but all you can do is try to correct yourself and move on to the next task.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
Just try not to lose heart; you got a long journey ahead of you and you'll probably face challenges and grades you aren't happy with, but all you can do is try to correct yourself and move on to the next task.
Hey, I tried to keep that in mind and today, I did another test and absolutely crushed it! A 96 is what I got, which is 12 points higher than my previous highest and 20 points higher than my last test that disheartened me.