• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AgingLoser

Oct 20, 2018
Recently I took the Understanding Yourself personality test created by Dr Jordan Peterson. I wasn't expecting good results but the results I got shocked me. It turns out that I am very low in consciousness (I'm lazy) and high in neurosis. Basically I don't have any redeeming qualities. I'm not someone who has any business drawing breath.
Has anyone else taken this test? If so what were the results?

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Understanding yourself is a life long process.

Don't let some psych test make you feel like your incapable of that. You are capable of that. You may not be at the level of understanding you wish to be, but you will get there.

A

AgingLoser

Oct 20, 2018
Well peterson said the positives of neurosis is sensitive, emotional, excitable, and dynamic.

Your role for instance is:
when a champion is needed to lead a crusade, someone high in neuroticism inspires the entire group.

Not in my case...

Neuroticism: very high. 92 percentile
Withdraw: exceptionally high. 97th percentile
Volatility: moderately high. 72nd percentile
Openness to experience: very low. 5th percentile
Intellect: low. 11th percentile
Openness: very low. 7th percentile

I'm not seeing much by way of redeeming qualities here...

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Not in my case...

Can I get a link? I looked up the test but it said I had to buy it.

A

AgingLoser

Oct 20, 2018
Consciousness: very low. 8th percentile
Industriousness: very low. 8th percentile
Orderliness: low. 16th percentile
Extraversion: very low. 4th percentile
Enthusiasm: low. 13th percentile
Assertiveness: exceptionally low. 3rd percentile

Call me crazy but this isn't painting a pretty picture. The worst part is that I can't argue with any of it. This describes me to a T and explains my life. This is why I've lost jobs. This is why I never succeeded at relationships. This is why no woman of quality has ever been attracted to me. I have to face the facts. I'm a loser and a failure. I've done far more harm than good in the world. I'm more burden than asset. I shouldn't have been born and have no place here. The best thing I can do is end my existence.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Fallen bad23

Fallen bad23

Student
Oct 19, 2018

Call me crazy but this isn't painting a pretty picture. The worst part is that I can't argue with any of it. This describes me to a T and explains my life. This is why I've lost jobs. This is why I never succeeded at relationships. This is why no woman of quality has ever been attracted to me. I have to face the facts. I'm a loser and a failure. I've done far more harm than good in the world. I'm more burden than asset. I shouldn't have been born and have no place here. The best thing I can do is end my existence.
That isn't real. Like or not humans are different and these sort of tests are not reliable. These tests tend to squeeze people into frames taking away their individuality and essence to force them into pre-made moulds.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018

That's tough to hear but from a logic standpoint if you truly feel like that about yourself and nothing is improving I can't see any reason for you not to ctb for your own sake.

A

AgingLoser

Oct 20, 2018
That isn't real. Like or not humans are different and these sort of tests are not reliable. These tests tend to squeeze people into frames taking away their individuality and essence to force them into pre-made moulds.

It's not 100% perfect. Nothing in life is perfect. However there is nothing in these results that are off the mark.

A

AgingLoser

Oct 20, 2018
That's tough to hear but from a logic standpoint if you truly feel like that about yourself and nothing is improving I can't see any reason for you not to ctb for your own sake.

The truth is often tough to hear. Unfortunately the truth doesn't care about our feelings. It is what it is.

Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
The fact that the test is paid makes it almost impossible to effectively critique it. How are we supposed to know how he measures intellect, for example? How does he compare it to the population? I am willing to wager that it is not effectively done, though, especially by means of an online test - intellect is an extremely complicated and contentious psychological concept. A responsible psychologist would also assess you in person and discuss your results with you more usefully than that.

However, the main takeaway seems to be that you feel that way about yourself. I don't think you ought to use this kind of intellectual fraud as validation for your feelings, but I also doubt that, if we were able to show you that it is not a good test, you would feel differently about yourself. But the fact you said it shocked you makes me think you don't actually feel as badly about yourself as the test indicates. I think it would be wrong to conclude that these are innate things about you and not things that could be changed.

You're probably suffering quite a lot, and I don't blame you for wanting to end that. But I think wanting to end your life because you perceive yourself to be a waste of space is very sad... especially when how an individual performs is a very small predictor of their outcome.

Also, high neuroticism in, say, a depressed individual would very likely correlate with 'low consciousness', orderliness, etc. because of the effects of the disease. It's not a matter of imperfection, it's a matter of the test likely having no connection to any sort of context.

Prime

Prime

A Nihilist
Oct 25, 2018
No matter how good a psychologist is he just can not do something that takes a lifetime to achieve in just some stupid test. Yes he can point out some of your character traits and tell you what kind of a person you are. But nothing in life is that hard and fast. Our mind is extremely malleable. It can be molded and cast into any shape we want. We choose what we want to be like. We are something today and yes the psychologist might be able to understand us today on the surface but he can never probe deep enough into us and tell us what we will be tommorow. We become what we think. Kant once said, "A man can do what a man wants. But a man can not want what he wants to want." I disagree. I have found it in myself and firmly believe that it is possible to want to want something and make yourself actually want it by thinking about is obsessively and pouring your entire self into it. Our consciousness is something too complicated to be folded open in some stupid test. And never let yourself believe that you are what the results show. Yes you might be a bit like the results but you can change that. I am not a pro-lifer, mind it. But I believe some things can always be changed about a person if he is willing to walk a mile further. Another example is of those stupid IQ tests. I have given a lot of them online and have never been able to see how the hell answering these questions can decide how intelligent and creative I am in my life. Completing a pattern and predicting the next term in a series of numbers don't make a person "intelligent". There is a lot more to it than it. I am sick of such tests.

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
The fact that the test is paid makes it almost impossible to effectively critique it. How are we supposed to know how he measures intellect, for example? How does he compare it to the population? I am willing to wager that it is not effectively done, though, especially by means of an online test - intellect is an extremely complicated and contentious psychological concept. A responsible psychologist would also assess you in person and discuss your results with you more usefully than that.

However, the main takeaway seems to be that you feel that way about yourself. I don't think you ought to use this kind of intellectual fraud as validation for your feelings, but I also doubt that, if we were able to show you that it is not a good test, you would feel differently about yourself. But the fact you said it shocked you makes me think you don't actually feel as badly about yourself as the test indicates. I think it would be wrong to conclude that these are innate things about you and not things that could be changed.

You're probably suffering quite a lot, and I don't blame you for wanting to end that. But I think wanting to end your life because you perceive yourself to be a waste of space is very sad... especially when how an individual performs is a very small predictor of their outcome.

Also, high neuroticism in, say, a depressed individual would very likely correlate with 'low consciousness', orderliness, etc. because of the effects of the disease. It's not a matter of imperfection, it's a matter of the test likely having no connection to any sort of context.
Exactly! It's like - hey gimme 10 dollars and all your questions will be answered! Bullshit! The brain is the most complex thing in the known universe. There are 7 billion of em and they are all unique to one another. You can't put a simple number on that.

Last edited:
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Uh! Same!

I'd love to see people (members of the LGBTQ community especially) here react to this..

What a psychopath. He sounded like Adolf Hitler when he was screaming like that. Notice how nonchalant and dispassionate he was when he said "I don't like Nazis".

Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
He was born from a middle class family
Learn to read by age of 3
Graduated from Havard
He is now a famous man
He is now wealthy man and makes lot of money selling self help books, online tests ...etc.

From the start he had advantages in life and used them well, unlike most of us but that doesnt invalidate what he has to say.

Just like the ancient greek philosophers who belonged the upper class and were feed and dressed by the slaves , these superior people spend their days seated on their asses thinking about how hard life is to Man, but doesnt invalidate their theories , its just how life really is.

I like some of what he has to say, simply because its ancient wisdom and its makes some sense.

B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Not in my case...

Oh boy, I realise it is a reductive model, but it also describes me uncannily accurately; demotivated, disorganized, careless, suspicious, neurotic, impulsive, unfocused. A heavy hit to the gut.