• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This man's story is very tragic. Lost multiple family members to death, his partner left him, he got stabbed, many horrible things in a very short timeframe. It appears he had been sectioned before and that the treatments he had tried did not improve his condition.

Could things have gotten better for him with time? No one will ever know, but I can say from personal experience- having multiple traumatic events happen in my life, one of which was a violent assault albeit not stabbing- that the mental health care system does not have very effective treatments for PTSD.

They use the same antidepressants and talk therapies that people would be prescribed for depression and anxiety. The NHS in particular does not really offer any alternatives even when it has been shown that SSRIs have little to no effect on PTSD (I read about the studies on this in the book The Body Keeps The Score)

So he was probably suffering quite a lot after losing so many people he loved on top of the despair one feels after a traumatic event. You can read his posts on here and it paints a very different picture than what was portrayed in that tabloid article. He seemed like his mind was made up. Although it is hard to say if he regretted his decision in his final moments and amended his goodbye letters to reflect that. His passing could have been painful, and he may have decided to live at a point where it was too late to turn back . We will never know.

Interestingly enough, I read one of the inquest reports Geo mentioned (I couldn't find all of them though) and the coroner never mentioned this site. He referenced several other forums that I have never heard of. Is it possible that Joe frequented those spaces as well, in addition to the numerous other sources of information on the Web that talk about ctb methods, making their claims about this particular site unfounded? Something else we will never know.

In that report the coroner says, "(these websites) serve to undermine the benefit of the medical treatment provided to him and the constructive efforts of his family to restore his health.." Are they serious? Do they realize how much the NHS fails at helping anyone who has been labeled with a mental illness? Do they know how few treatments actually exist?

The cognitive dissonance is so strong.

D

DJJE

Sep 29, 2020
It waits to the very bottom of the article to say that the NHS are investing the "service" they provided.

The NHS staff do the bare minimum, all the time. If you critise them they could withhold treatment or even prosecute in the most extreme cases. I'm not talking about just mental health care either. All treatment seems impossible to obtain. They don't do anything.

I disagree with methods being published, and completely disagree with encouraging others to CTB (its a personal decision that shouldnt be interfered with).

However, with the NHS immune to any form of critisism and the firmly held narrative that people don't have a right to chose their own destiny everywhere in the main stream, where do people go to talk freely and openly.

Talking here has helped me feel better where every government/charity lead initiative has failed. Especially, they want you to live so they don't feel bad. That's the fundamental flaw in their system every time. Its not about you, its about them. If the system changed, then maybe people could speak openly without fear of being shot down by virtue signallers. That would stop attracting people to find websites beyond their reach like this.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
Interestingly enough, I read one of the inquest reports Geo mentioned (I couldn't find all of them though) and the coroner never mentioned this site. He referenced several other forums that I have never heard of.

If it's the same one I read, the coroner's report references "faust" and "I'm Done" who were members of this forum who ctb and sought recovery respectively, though the report for some reason refers to these members as forums in their own right

This is surprising and kind of disheartening, to see that he placed all the blame on this place. Not to be callous, but my sympathy has dropped a little (yeah, that's callous - sorry). Maybe this place made things worse for him, but I think he's wrong to imply that the same is true for everyone else.​

His account here was @Yoyojoejoe and if you look at his post history, he tells a different story. He literally makes a topic days before his demise called "What a community!" full of praise for us, so with his suicide note connoting he disagrees with this site's motive and wants it shut down, it means he essentially told us and his family two different things, go figure

JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
If it's the same one I read, the coroner's report references "faust" and "I'm Done" who were members of this forum who ctb and sought recovery respectively, though the report for some reason refers to these members as forums in their own right

His account here was @Yoyojoejoe and if you look at his post history, he tells a different story. He literally makes a topic days before his demise called "What a community!" full of praise for us, so with his suicide note connoting he disagrees with this site's motive and wants it shut down, it means he essentially told us and his family two different things, go figure

May he rest in peace.
He was young...no one knows, of course, but we can't assume it was a vendetta against the community. Perhaps it was a reflex kick at the time of a complex and terrifying decision. He didn't want his parents to feel blame, so perhaps blaming an internet forum seemed 'lesser; and he felt his family would have a black and white picture...he obviously cares more about his family than a forum

or perhaps he did blame this place- not all the discourse here is top shelf support and perhaps had good reason to, we can't access his PMs.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I thought freedom of the press and expression was traditional in the UK, not censorship. Anyhow, they can't avoid eventually following the Netherlands and Belgium in legalizing psychiatrist administered euthanasia. It may not happen for years, but it will happen.

Reactions: AutoTap and Nexuno
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
May he rest in peace.
He was young...no one knows, of course, but we can't assume it was a vendetta against the community. Perhaps it was a reflex kick at the time of a complex and terrifying decision.

agreed it was either reflex or the prospect of death changed him wholly, I made this scholarly observation in another thread

Also I imagine the prospect of nearing death can result in a complete overhaul of one's emotional values ... Why [else] did Edward the Confessor on his deathbed assure Harold Godwinson of his succession to the throne despite promising it to William Duke of Normandy prior? Leading to the Battle of Hastings.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I thought freedom of the press and expression was traditional in the UK, not censorship. Anyhow, they can't avoid eventually following the Netherlands and Belgium in legalizing psychiatrist administered euthanasia. It may not happen for years, but it will happen.
Hopefully sooner then later.. hopefully some state in the USA does it soon