• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
If you walk into a&e and tell them you're going to kill yourself in my own experience they take that seriously. I have to beg my dr not to make me go to hospital because in my own experience when they send me there it's like being in prison and my suicidal resolve increases hugely. I think the NHS is overburdened and during this pandemic they're trying to keep people away from hospitals in general. I've had my fair share of nasty, awful people telling me I'm a time waster but the majority are normal, good people just trying to make a living. I think some people in MH look at it as easy money and don't care about people but those people are in the private sector as well

B

Barracuda91

Longing for the past and dreading the future
Jan 2, 2021
I get told to just go for a walk and listen to some music, yh thanks I'm clearly a disposable person at this point i get it. I get a lot of hmmm and ahhhh's over the phone then it's off to the pharmacy to pick up more trazadone and mirtazipine. Now I fully understand they can only provide so much help/support, but at this point i see only futile responses from them. A single 29 yr old man who is chronically depressed has nothing to offer as far as they're concerned.
I really am in an existential crisis right now and I've told myself this will be my final year having to deal with this, this life isn't for everybody I just can't seem to adapt.

ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Yeah I agree they're terrible, you're not alone. I'm in southern UK and take regular medication just cos they told me to and I can't be bothered or have the energy to try anything else.

Just last week I went to get my new round of meds and they'd ran out across the country other than other sized doses - no warning or anything, they told when I got there they had none left :( it does seem like we just need to fend for ourselves now

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I just wish the people in the US who tell me how great something like the NHS would be could read this.

Here, so many people are convinced that a government-run health plan is the answer to all our problems. They are wrong.

I've had great doctors and not-great doctors and truly damaging doctors. But at least I have the ability to choose to stop seeing the bad ones and find a better one, when I say and how I say. I'm not restricted by geography and I can travel anywhere in the country to find the best care.

Expensive? Yes, but not always.

Have I kept some shitty jobs to keep my health insurance? Yes. But that seems a small price to pay some days.

Having spent years studying health systems across the globe, the sad part is that nobody really has it figured out.
:sick: