• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
In NZ the train system is shit. I have to drive 100km to the nearest railway line, where *one* train passes through *once* a day. I made the drive over this afternoon and missed it by 5 minutes.

HOWEVER I still consider this a relative success because a) I am completely uninjured and unharmed, so I'm not in any physical pain; b) my family are unaware, so I won't be restrained from using the car as a measure of 'prevention;' c) no police or first responders are involved so I won't be on any watchlist.

This is the beauty of the train method. I can literally just try again Friday and nothing can stop me. I only have to overcome SI for 10 seconds max and if I back out, it's easy to just try again some other time because nobody will know. And I haven't even gone into the fact that it is very lethal and reliable.

The common opinion on this forum is that train suicides are messy, have a broad impact (on drivers/onlookers) and are to be avoided. This is just the positives I've found with this method, especially around the freedom I still have to refine the plan.

M

Madden87

Jun 30, 2019
I've thought the same about the train method, easily backed out of and much simpler than many alternatives. The only thing is, (and maybe this is a justification wrought through fear) I worry for how many people would be directly effected by this. Many times I've had my train home from work cancelled due to an accident on the line and it really put the kibosh on my evening, Not to mention the poor driver who would no doubt be mentally scarred.

Reactions: 1964dodge
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
There is already a pretty big thread about this here:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-by-train.16137/

Cons:
#1 Can hurt other people, especially the driver. But also any lemmings on the train that are going to be late for whatever they are doing, or possibly injured by the sudden braking.

#2 SI may be too high for a lot of people when it comes down to it, if you read others on this forum of the terrible sound and vibration of an oncoming train it is very unnerving. It sounds like it takes more "guts" than jumping from a high bridge or building.

#3 A driver that sees you WILL hit the brakes and try to stop before they hit you or hit you going so slowly that it doesn't kill you. They will call for medical help immediately, so if you did survive somehow you'll likely live.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1964dodge
T

TuesdayTragedy

Jul 8, 2019
I personally could never go with that method as it creates a unwilling audience and participant. The last thing I want to do is make the lives of others even worse.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and 1964dodge