• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
Anyone have any good mantras to repeat to themselves when in a bad spot?

I wrote this one recently and use it as my laptop screensaver:
"I am struggling, but I am responsible for my own mental health. It can be hard, but it is within my power to ask others for help, to take steps to improve, and shift my internal response to life. It is possible to share struggles and ask others for help without being a burden on them."

I kind of like imagining that accepting this means to swallow the "yellow-pill" or getting out of the instinct to give up on everything when I'm in a depressive episode. It doesn't always help, but it does sometimes so I guess that's all that matters.

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I try, but it's difficult for me to be consistent in repeating affirmations to myself, particularly because I have so many different ones for different reasons.

Recently I've been trying out this "energy work" thing I read about by Damien Echols.

Basically using visualization techniques, imagining myself radiating in a golden light, or a light emitting from my heart.

Also things like using heat friction between the palms to "manipulate chi/qi" and then place my hands on a part of my body that needs healing.

Might seem ridiculous to many people, but hey, placebos work and it's been proven constantly that human consciousness affects aspects of our reality.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Not a mantra, but something I occasionally remember when either something bad happens or I think of something that depresses me, I think "So?" and it usually gives me motivation to continue on nonetheless.

Reactions: Citruscine
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Reminding myself of my creed : "You are the operating power. " aka change your thought and vibe, right now, because "Your power is in the now". I had insane successes and turning things around last minute with this.

Galileo3630

Galileo3630

Tsundere
Mar 22, 2023
It's great that you're finding ways to take responsibility for your own mental health and shift your internal response to life. Your mantra is a great reminder that you have the power to ask for help and take steps to improve your mental well-being, even when things are difficult. It's important to remember that healing and recovery are not always easy or linear processes, and it's okay to struggle and ask for support when needed. Keep up the good work and remember to be kind and patient with yourself throughout the journey. :heart::happy:

• Love
Reactions: Citruscine