• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
This is just me venting. Im trying hard to give life and recovery another chance but it is just so exhausting! i cant afford to pay privately for treatment and the NHS waiting lists are so long. Im not even sure that the therapy im waiting for could help me. i saw my psychiatrist today and he increased the dosage of my medication. I am now on 15mg of mitrazapine and 200mg of quetiapine. i also take propanalol for anxiety- not that it does much. but what i really wanted to say is that it just feels so hopeless and exhausting adding 25mg, waiting to see if it will help (it hasnt helped so far) and then feeding this information back to my psychiatrist just for him to say ah well lets add ANOTHER 25mg! i understand it can take a long time to find the right medication and dosage but it is so frustrating. i have wasted so much time on other medications that haven't worked for me. and like i said, i am trying really hard to keep an open mind and stay hopeful but its getting difficult to do this :( it feels like my life will never improve despite my best efforts. my ctb plan is looking more and more like a good option. sorry, i don't really know what im expecting by posting this but it feels good to get this off my chest

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Seems a full time job in itself sometimes doesn't it mate.
Mirtazapine is supposed to have a heavier sedative effect at 15mg. I was prescribed a typical ssri alongside and some doctors didn't agree. Pairing it with quitipinr sounds a bit heavy but its what you feel you need... Don't trust doctors any more than yourself they often just see us as a number especially these days, sadly.
Take care

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I myself do not use drugs because of their negative side effects, and because I am a completely different person under their influence. Instead, I've been looking for natural alternatives to support my mental health and so far it's going in a better direction.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
I myself do not use drugs because of their negative side effects, and because I am a completely different person under their influence. Instead, I've been looking for natural alternatives to support my mental health and so far it's going in a better direction.
im glad that natural alternatives have been more helpful for you. do you mind me asking what has helped you?

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
im glad that natural alternatives have been more helpful for you. do you mind me asking what has helped you?
Well, there would probably be many ways to improve it besides these, but these are mostly inexpensive and simple:

1) I make sure that I get the necessary vitamins and nutrients by eating, because their lack can cause disturbances in the body (mind and body are interconnected). Eggs in particular are really healthy because they contain vitamins d and b's in addition to good fats.

2) I started drinking black tea instead of coffee. it contains the most l-theanine and other useful substances.

3) I read books to pass the time.

4) I journal my own thoughts on paper, usually about three pages a day. It helps me to understand and deal with things better.

5) I spend time with hobbies and interests.

6) I occasionally expand my consciousness by using drugs.

7) Spiritual supports and guides.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
Well, there would probably be many ways to improve it besides these, but these are mostly inexpensive and simple:

1) I make sure that I get the necessary vitamins and nutrients by eating, because their lack can cause disturbances in the body (mind and body are interconnected). Eggs in particular are really healthy because they contain vitamins d and b's in addition to good fats.

2) I started drinking black tea instead of coffee. it contains the most l-theanine and other useful substances.

3) I read books to pass the time.

4) I journal my own thoughts on paper, usually about three pages a day. It helps me to understand and deal with things better.

5) I spend time with hobbies and interests.

6) I occasionally expand my consciousness by using drugs.

7) Spiritual supports and guides.
thank you