• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I wanna post about this because it feels like a small win. Felt a bit despairing all day, so I wanted to post about something positive, with the hope my mood will improve and I can at least celebrate my small wins here.

I've made some life changes to hopefully improve my life a little. I've been trying to bulk since Friday of last week, it's terrible right now, the shake I'm making in the morning is too filling and it makes me want to vomit, so I might try a few things differently (reducing ingredients, drinking it over a longer period rather than chugging, etc). I've been waking up at 6AM, very different from my previous 9 am and sometimes as late as 10-11AM when I didn't have classes that day. Been going to the gym soon after waking, and getting a workout in, and it genuinely feels good, though DOMS is kicking my ass, and the bulking shake is kicking my ass.

I'll also share the recipe in case anyone here wants to try the shake, it doesn't taste bad, it tastes pretty good, but it's very thick and filling.

Bulking Shake Recipe:
- 1 serving of oats (40g)
- 1 serving of protein powder (could be 1 or 2 scoops depending on the powder)
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter

This shake has a total of ~860 calories and about 57 grams of protein, and I haven't really measured the other macros tbh.

I don't know if I will continue bulking, I hate the feeling that I am stuffing myself with food and basically force-feeding myself. I will likely continue to work out, though, as I do enjoy that. I will also probably continue waking up early to do so, I think that benefits me as well.

There have been some bad things that have happened recently, so I might visit the site a little more, it brings me comfort. Anyways, I do enjoy the positive changes on my life interestingly enough, since I have always considered myself a night owl rather than a morning lark. Waking up at 6AM isn't so terrible either, especially since Winter has passed and I'm not freezing when I go outside. Anyways, I guess that's all I got to say.

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
I don't know if I will continue bulking, I hate the feeling that I am stuffing myself with food and basically force-feeding myself. I will likely continue to work out, though, as I do enjoy that. I will also probably continue waking up early to do so, I think that benefits me as well.
That's the main reason why I gave up on bulking—felt like I was trying to force myself to eat all the time and it was getting a bit too stressful for me, becoming obsessed with monitoring any visual signs of progress and taking up so much time, attention, and energy. Working out isn't the issue, it's the diet portion! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll keep that in the back of my mind in case I feel inspired to try again someday.

I feel really happy for you! I also find it easier and more pleasant to wake up early in the morning when it isn't a dark icebox inside our drafty home, so I'm looking forward to summer.

Keep celebratin' those small wins! đź’Ş

Reactions: robotomy
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
That's the main reason why I gave up on bulking—felt like I was trying to force myself to eat all the time and it was getting a bit too stressful for me, becoming obsessed with monitoring any visual signs of progress and taking up so much time, attention, and energy. Working out isn't the issue, it's the diet portion! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll keep that in the back of my mind in case I feel inspired to try again someday.

I feel really happy for you! I also find it easier and more pleasant to wake up early in the morning when it isn't a dark icebox inside our drafty home, so I'm looking forward to summer.

Keep celebratin' those small wins! đź’Ş
Going through the exact same thing currently. Been forcing myself to eat and drink that shake in the morning. Wasn't as bad this morning, I added less oats and blended longer. Not to mention, I also obsessively look for visual changes daily. Working out truly is the easy part.

I still plan on sticking to the gym until the end of the month, but we'll see how I feel then if I want to pay for another month, or stop there. Hopefully the summer is better for you, I know how it feels to wake up freezing cold lol.

I know I talk about quitting a lot in this post, but in reality, I still view this as a win regardless, I am still committing myself to something different for at least a month! :)

Reactions: JaJu
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Keep doing it and you'll secure dates every day of the week(if and when you want that). You already have the personality department on lock.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind