• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Do they treat people horribly as a tactic to try and discourage people from using the strained services?
I gave up going to hospital for help so I'm again trying to treat a broken bone myself just to save myself experiencing the attitude from hospital staff who may huff, snigger, make tart or snide remarks about alcohol or drug use even if they are on your records from ten years ago.

I just wonder if the nastiness is encouraged by management so the nurses don't necessarily know they have a cruel attitude with a patient it's just how they are now being encouraged to act.

I am sick of the lies in existence of being born to believe society actually is set up fair and humans help each other instead of seems alot of us are just worked to death like in dystopia movies when the exhausted depleted workers cough up blood or convulse at over work and instead of being helped up to safety they are whipped then is it any wonder why people are so hateful.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I've heard some staff have made disparaging comments to pregnant women with mental illness.

The staff in psych ward at least half of them don't understand mental illness and make horrible comments. So I'm sure it happens in all departments.

Saying that, get your leg treated - it's free.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I stopped using A&E after May 2022 after the manner in which I was treated by them after an overdose - actually by the first nurse at reception. The doctors were okay when I was admitted for three days to have the antidote for the overdose. However whilst on ward, the elderly lady next to me who had dementia was treated disrespectfully by more than one nurse - again there were also nursing staff who treated her well. I vowed never to go to an A&E and have been ill since and not returned.

I had a good GP though the surgery was run line an army camp by the person who owned it. They decided to enforce the online services for anyone with medical problems last August. I told my GP that I will struggle with this for various reasons - though able to use it on behalf of family members. They were quite strict in enforcing it. I pointed out the accessibility challenge and my GP said that if the patients were unable to use IT or had a language problem, they would be exempt. If I thought that mine was a real emergency, I can call in. Otherwise the rule was the same for everyone - regardless of DDA, disabilities, neurodivergence etc. I basically disengaged from the servuce after having various conversations with them.and stopped taking all my medication at the beginning of September 2023.

CMHT - initially lost my file in 2022 when the GP was desperately trying to get me help. They had not responded to the referral. I had overdosed by May 2022 and GP, hospital etc were all contacting CMHT and they were not responding. I wrote to my local GP and suddenly CMHT found my file, became aware of my existence and contacted me. Started therapy with an excellent clinical psychologist - complex PTSD, suicidal ideation, flashbacks, nightmares, dissociation etc. Had 47 sessions and was told.in January 2024 that I had 8bsessions left and was offered to be referred to the trauma clinic in Tavistock. I declined the 8 sessions - feeling suicidal, 8 sessions was not going to make a difference. So I asked them to take me off their system. Had a psychiatrist who gate crashed, spoke over me and I did not find her to be good. Anyway to cut a long story short, I asked the clinical psychologist to refer me to Tavistock and that I would like to finish the 8 sessions. She came back to advise me that I will have to engage with the GP (they knew that I had disengaged from GP as soon as it happened) and also the crisis team and then only they can offer the 8 sessions over a 8 month period - the reason they wanted me to engage with other services was because of the suicidal ideation and my repeated attempts to overdosing and not seeking medical treatment. I turned this down as I have problems trusting different people, found crisis team not to be helpful in the past and had already established accessibility challenges with accessing GP services - what they were asking me do is a bit like asking someone without any form of legs or ability to walk to run up 10 flights of stairs and then parachute down without a parachute so I am not on a waiting list to be seen by Tavistock which apparently has a two year waiting list. I have now set a date to die and not shored this with anyone (other than this forum) and might or might not live past that date.

There are a lot of people who care and do an excellent job within the NHS and I applaud them - and do under very difficult circumstances where they have no control over cutbacks, lack of support etc. However as in all.professions, there are also eople who are jobsworths and who do a terrible job and who cause untold suffering and when we use NHS service, we are more likely to be vulnerable anyway and when we come across the people who are terrible at their jobs, who are abusive, insensitive etc - it makes it worse for us. If I end up dying on my set date, it would have been 100% avoidable and due to the NHS failing to deliver their services appropriately, sensitively and reasonably and I wonder how many patients/people die unnecessarily due to the lack of professional NHS care or the cutbacks and how many families and children suffer as a result. It is sad though as it is a good system in theory and have a lot of respect to those who genuinely work within it and genuinely care - that goes for all public service and public/civil servants.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I've heard some staff have made disparaging comments to pregnant women with mental illness.

The staff in psych ward at least half of them don't understand mental illness and make horrible comments. So I'm sure it happens in all departments.

Saying that, get your leg treated - it's free.
Sorry the antinatalist in me is muttering "women shouldn't be pregnant anyway."
But I shouldn't be careless to break bones either, lol.
Hmm, I didn't see many bad ones in the psych wards but I know they exist and can only hope they aren't left alone to abuse the patients. What a world we live in.

A relative broke their ankle in recent years and the hospital didn't even do an x-ray, sent him away so as he's believed them that nothing was wrong besides a sprain he's continued using it and ended up with two deformed legs.
It's my arm so I've got it in a spling and hopefully it will knit.

Too many staff if recent years seem to be so needlessly nasty it's like because by law they have to treat aggressive nasty patients with respect they take out the stress on people just trying to plod on through this shitty life.

Best wishes

It's horrible how this world is, seems the same story, can only get treatment if you have pushy loved ones who will threaten to sue if they make a mistake and people born into money.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Sorry the antinatalist in me is muttering "women shouldn't be pregnant anyway."
But I shouldn't be careless to break bones either, lol.
Hmm, I didn't see many bad ones in the psych wards but I know they exist and can only hope they aren't left alone to abuse the patients. What a world we live in.

A relative broke their ankle in recent years and the hospital didn't even do an x-ray, sent him away so as he's believed them that nothing was wrong besides a sprain he's continued using it and ended up with two deformed legs.
It's my arm so I've got it in a spling and hopefully it will knit.

Too many staff if recent years seem to be so needlessly nasty it's like because by law they have to treat aggressive nasty patients with respect they take out the stress on people just trying to plod on through this shitty life.

Best wishes

It's horrible how this world is, seems the same story, can only get treatment if you have pushy loved ones who will threaten to sue if they make a mistake and people born into money.
Those with money, influence and power are lucky enough to be able to afford private medical care. The rest of us are at the mercy of the NHS and are expected to just put up with any manner in which we are treated and also expected to be grateful for just being seen and treated!

Reactions: ForgottenAgain
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I stopped using A&E after May 2022 after the manner in which I was treated by them after an overdose - actually by the first nurse at reception. The doctors were okay when I was admitted for three days to have the antidote for the overdose. However whilst on ward, the elderly lady next to me who had dementia was treated disrespectfully by more than one nurse - again there were also nursing staff who treated her well. I vowed never to go to an A&E and have been ill since and not returned.

I had a good GP though the surgery was run line an army camp by the person who owned it. They decided to enforce the online services for anyone with medical problems last August. I told my GP that I will struggle with this for various reasons - though able to use it on behalf of family members. They were quite strict in enforcing it. I pointed out the accessibility challenge and my GP said that if the patients were unable to use IT or had a language problem, they would be exempt. If I thought that mine was a real emergency, I can call in. Otherwise the rule was the same for everyone - regardless of DDA, disabilities, neurodivergence etc. I basically disengaged from the servuce after having various conversations with them.and stopped taking all my medication at the beginning of September 2023.

CMHT - initially lost my file in 2022 when the GP was desperately trying to get me help. They had not responded to the referral. I had overdosed by May 2022 and GP, hospital etc were all contacting CMHT and they were not responding. I wrote to my local GP and suddenly CMHT found my file, became aware of my existence and contacted me. Started therapy with an excellent clinical psychologist - complex PTSD, suicidal ideation, flashbacks, nightmares, dissociation etc. Had 47 sessions and was told.in January 2024 that I had 8bsessions left and was offered to be referred to the trauma clinic in Tavistock. I declined the 8 sessions - feeling suicidal, 8 sessions was not going to make a difference. So I asked them to take me off their system. Had a psychiatrist who gate crashed, spoke over me and I did not find her to be good. Anyway to cut a long story short, I asked the clinical psychologist to refer me to Tavistock and that I would like to finish the 8 sessions. She came back to advise me that I will have to engage with the GP (they knew that I had disengaged from GP as soon as it happened) and also the crisis team and then only they can offer the 8 sessions over a 8 month period - the reason they wanted me to engage with other services was because of the suicidal ideation and my repeated attempts to overdosing and not seeking medical treatment. I turned this down as I have problems trusting different people, found crisis team not to be helpful in the past and had already established accessibility challenges with accessing GP services - what they were asking me do is a bit like asking someone without any form of legs or ability to walk to run up 10 flights of stairs and then parachute down without a parachute so I am not on a waiting list to be seen by Tavistock which apparently has a two year waiting list. I have now set a date to die and not shored this with anyone (other than this forum) and might or might not live past that date.

There are a lot of people who care and do an excellent job within the NHS and I applaud them - and do under very difficult circumstances where they have no control over cutbacks, lack of support etc. However as in all.professions, there are also eople who are jobsworths and who do a terrible job and who cause untold suffering and when we use NHS service, we are more likely to be vulnerable anyway and when we come across the people who are terrible at their jobs, who are abusive, insensitive etc - it makes it worse for us. If I end up dying on my set date, it would have been 100% avoidable and due to the NHS failing to deliver their services appropriately, sensitively and reasonably and I wonder how many patients/people die unnecessarily due to the lack of professional NHS care or the cutbacks and how many families and children suffer as a result. It is sad though as it is a good system in theory and have a lot of respect to those who genuinely work within it and genuinely care - that goes for all public service and public/civil servants.
Sorry for your situation thanks for sharing. There are definitely good people but someone like me who tends to be overwhelmed at the injustice of the bad who keep behaving and treating people in such ways seem to thrive I get overwhelmed and like you don't go. Decided I'd rather die. Over some health problems that would otherwise be easily treated by a GP alone if I could find one willing to care.

I've also put things in place so that I've got it all documented on where I've seemed help and made sure they either can't or they'd have to go to great lengths to cover up my death which now would definitely be a mismanagement of treatment on their part.

Because in the past when loved ones have been abused and we tried to complain and even myself when I was a baby nearly died due to hospital neglect and shit doctors. They just falsified their statements and forged signatures.... If only the average person knew how corrupt and shit it gets.

But now my death will serve as a statistic hopefully in how the world needs to change.

I hope you find peace and some.support comes into your life. I also know what it's like.to be shoved in a corner with drug complications and threatened by security when experiencing psychosis.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1