• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Another death from the tories torture policies.

It could have been so different' - Shaun Talbot committed suicide just days before winning his benefits appeal.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17422957.amp/

Ffs when do this repulsive govt actually start taking any personal responsibility for what they have done to people??? Have we got any statistics on how many suicides there have been over these things. They only read statistics they don't give a f about people

B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
This thread seems a bit distasteful. Is there no unifying feature or thread except for " sickening news stories "?

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I am grateful to @Johnnythefox for finding these stories to post as I wouldn't be able to see them otherwise. A lot of them are highly topical e.g. poor people driven to suicide by benefit cuts and others help either bring my suffering to perspective or allow me to empathise with others.

B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
Like I said, there is no unifying concept other than that they are shocking and or sickening
I don't mind serious subject matter, however other threads generally seems to have an actual underlying point and a coherent thread to them
I'm not gonna post anymore in this thread, I don't mean to be confrontational, I just find this thread a bit baffling

Reactions: brighter
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Like I said, there is no unifying concept other than that they are shocking and or sickening
I don't mind serious subject matter, however other threads generally seems to have an actual underlying point and a coherent thread to them
I'm not gonna post anymore in this thread, I don't mean to be confrontational, I just find this thread a bit baffling
I find life baffling.
Put a request in for it to be removed if it upsets you so much.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Last edited:
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
OMG, that last one. 3 years seems pretty lenient, is that normal in Scotland?

It's sensationalist local reporting at play here, our local and regional journalism is so short of cash it relies almost exclusively on crime and anti-social behaviour scare stories which are rarely balanced. Reading between the lines here the mitigation would be that it was a single, not particularly powerful blow delivered without intent to cause serious harm, the perpetrator is usually law abiding and non-violent, has lashed out with severe consequences but pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, thus ensuring a discount of one third.

I'm not saying it's pleasant, the guy certainly warrants a custodial sentence, just that the regional news websites in the UK frame their stories in a way which is to provoke astonishment at our supposedly lenient criminal justice system when in reality the opposite is true. When right-wing media groups own newspapers in essentially left-wing localities, where the usual pro-Tory agenda wouldn't gain traction, there is an enthusiasm for tabloid-style, reactionary presentation of law and order stories and such.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
Makes sense, I guess i'm looking at this through a U.S. lens. I think we tend to give out harsher sentences. We have our fair share of sensationalist media too, unfortunately, and we'll lock someone up and throw away the key without a second thought.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Makes sense, I guess i'm looking at this through a U.S. lens. I think we tend to give out harsher sentences. We have our fair share of sensationalist media too, unfortunately, and we'll lock someone up and throw away the key without a second thought.

We lock more people up, for much longer, than pretty much anywhere else in Europe; our criminal justice system is much closer to the US in that regard than people like to think.

C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
Because it's currently summer here, there has been plenty of stories of absolutely idiotic parents leaving kids in the car windows up while they do their thing. Worst one was a lady left her baby in the hot ass car so she can do some bets on the horse racing

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I know exactly how this guy feels, it prompted me to attempt hanging and od'ing amongst many other things.

He felt like he had lost everything': Father-of-three, 31, devastated over not seeing his children enough following his marriage breakdown takes his own life after sneaking out of hospital.

He sank into depression about not seeing his kids enough.
Sixty per cent of male suicides can be traced back to relationship breakups.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tated-marriage-breakdown-commits-suicide.html

faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
I know exactly how this guy feels, it prompted me to attempt hanging and od'ing amongst many other things.

He felt like he had lost everything': Father-of-three, 31, devastated over not seeing his children enough following his marriage breakdown takes his own life after sneaking out of hospital.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tated-marriage-breakdown-commits-suicide.html
Thank for the article and your personal disclosure. It's too hard for me to simply respond with the "like' button to the post.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019

Sad. It's shame that he was upset about not seeing his children as often, and now he'll never see them again.

Edit: I didn't see that you were in a similar situation @Johnnythefox, I'm so sorry : (

Last edited:
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
It's sensationalist local reporting at play here, our local and regional journalism is so short of cash it relies almost exclusively on crime and anti-social behaviour scare stories which are rarely balanced. Reading between the lines here the mitigation would be that it was a single, not particularly powerful blow delivered without intent to cause serious harm, the perpetrator is usually law abiding and non-violent, has lashed out with severe consequences but pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, thus ensuring a discount of one third.

I'm not saying it's pleasant, the guy certainly warrants a custodial sentence, just that the regional news websites in the UK frame their stories in a way which is to provoke astonishment at our supposedly lenient criminal justice system when in reality the opposite is true. When right-wing media groups own newspapers in essentially left-wing localities, where the usual pro-Tory agenda wouldn't gain traction, there is an enthusiasm for tabloid-style, reactionary presentation of law and order stories and such.

Chinaski defending a violent criminal ladies and gentlemen!
What a load of bullocks,as you would say.The victim has sustained permanent brain damage,and you brush it off.
Oh yeah,do not forget to blame the right-wing media,because its their fault this is happening!
Get your head out of your ass.
Oh but wait,there was no intent to harm,so all is forgiven...
Maybe Glasgow is a piece of shit,because thugs dont get the justice they deserve.
On top of that,you have people like Chinaski coming up with all sort of excuses and washing off ,of menacing people who have no bussiness being in society!

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Chinaski defending a violent criminal ladies and gentlemen!
What a load of bullocks,as you would say.The victim has sustained permanent brain damage,and you brush it off.
Oh yeah,do not forget to blame the right-wing media,because its their fault this is happening!
Get your head out of your ass.
Oh but wait,there was no intent to harm,so all is forgiven...
Maybe Glasgow is a piece of shit,because thugs dont get the justice they deserve.
On top of that,you have people like Chinaski coming up with all sort of excuses and washing off ,of menacing people who have no bussiness being in society!
You've no bothered yer arse posting in this thread before pal, why don't you go and shit elsewhere!