• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I still feel nervous as hell. Things didn't go bad and I'm pretty sure I did alright but I can't shake this feeling of uncertainty. I have this inner feeling that this is all gonna go to shit somehow. I dunno how to truly feel, to be honest I just want to sleep or disappear from existence for a short while. I still feel somewhat stressed out about it. I also should've brought my charger with me because my laptop's battery life is shit.

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
It's always difficult to start a new job. It's one of the top five stressful life events for a reason!
Keep trying to be patent with yourself, and asking questions of coworkers is a great easy to learn and break the ice as the new person. They were all new once too, and probably felt the same uncertainty.
And humor helps. When I was new at my job, there was a meeting titled "tiger team" I was added to. Since my work didn't involve tigers, I never went... until about six months later one of my coworkers asked why I never went and they explained it was a budget planning meeting.
I felt kind of silly, and we both laughed at it... after all, why couldn't it be called a budget meeting in the first place?
Give it some time, and things get better.
After all, if they didn't see your potential they wouldn't have hired you, right? :heart:

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
It's always difficult to start a new job. It's one of the top five stressful life events for a reason!
Keep trying to be patent with yourself, and asking questions of coworkers is a great easy to learn and break the ice as the new person. They were all new once too, and probably felt the same uncertainty.
And humor helps. When I was new at my job, there was a meeting titled "tiger team" I was added to. Since my work didn't involve tigers, I never went... until about six months later one of my coworkers asked why I never went and they explained it was a budget planning meeting.
I felt kind of silly, and we both laughed at it... after all, why couldn't it be called a budget meeting in the first place?
Give it some time, and things get better.
After all, if they didn't see your potential they wouldn't have hired you, right? :heart:
You're right. I just gotta get used to it I guess. Do it for long enough and it'll just feel like part of my routine ideally.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
You're right. I just gotta get used to it I guess. Do it for long enough and it'll just feel like part of my routine ideally.
It will. A new job is an adjustment period for everyone. Due to difficulties I was experiencing in my life, I took months to adjust to my job, and now I look back and wonder how I could have been so anxious. It really was "all in my head" like the normies like to say.

I'm so glad that you were able to make this positive change for yourself, and I wish you the best of luck! :-)

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
It will. A new job is an adjustment period for everyone. Due to difficulties I was experiencing in my life, I took months to adjust to my job, and now I look back and wonder how I could have been so anxious. It really was "all in my head" like the normies like to say.

I'm so glad that you were able to make this positive change for yourself, and I wish you the best of luck! :-)
Thanks! :) Hopefully the adjustment happens sooner rather than later haha.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I hope you end up swell with all the adjustment you have to make for your new job! :) I wish you the best! ^_^

Reactions: Praestat_Mori