• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Shouldn't get too worked up about all this. @MISERYinlife seems practical and worried about his own situation.

If he's worried about his own situation why bother commenting on others at all? The only time he made a reference to himself it's to boast about the fact that he's been on this earth for 50 years, he's got plenty of common sense (don't we all?) and how he's so good at detecting BS.

If you think somebody is dishonest (which is always possible on an internet forum) simply ignore that person: that's common sense, isn't it? Don't make a thread ranting about a supposed fact that only exists in your head. This forum should be about tolerance and free speech, not about making people who already feel like crap feel even worse.

Surely a suicide forum will attract some shady characters and lying about this sort of thing is downright pathetic but to assume that the majority of that type of posts is dishonest is ludicrous. This sort of toxic assumptions (mirroring the contempt rife in society about anything suicide-related including calling it a bid for attention) can create an environment where members no longer feel safe to report on their failed attempts and vent about their frustration and pain.

There's a huge difference between cranky and condescending/downright arrogant.

Reactions: Thorn, SinisterKid, memento_mori and 4 others
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Don't most suicides fail in general? Also apart from SI I think there is always the question about whether suicidal people really want to die or they just can't handle the suffering in their life. I know that I don't actually want to die, I just don't want to live with the shitty health conditions which make my reality now. It's more difficult to jump in with both feet if you are kind of 50/50.

Reactions: Thorn, Darkmornings, LifeIsACurse and 3 others
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
Most who are successful in ctb have had failed attempt s in the the past.. for the five people I know who were successful in ctb, each had made prior attempts which "failed" ranging from 1 attempt to 25 in one case

That's only a handful of people but they do say there are more failed attempts than successful but that's not it to say that's persons intent was not really there

MAybe they did fail and Maybe next time they won't make it. I try not to place any judgement i mean who am I to judge, i "failed" myself. I picked myself back up and brushed myself off

Surviving is possible too. I failed hanging befor. ITs very possible
Life's Is still too blooming short to judge those who are suffering like we are. We're all down in rock bottom after all

WOnt get back up by trampling others
Don't most suicides fail in general? Also apart from SI I think there is always the question about whether suicidal people really want to die or they just can't handle the suffering in their life. I know that I don't actually want to die, I just don't want to live with the shitty health conditions which make my reality now. It's more difficult to jump in with both feet if you are kind of 50/50.
I agree and fear is natural. That's why most of us prefer to be asleep or have a peaceful method or take benzos or drink beforehand.., it's ok to be scared! I know I say I'm Not scared but I know too well I will feel that fear before I go ahead, 100%

We are human.....

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Jean Améry and Soul
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
All human, including @MISERYinlife. Many of us are struggling and on meds. Mine make me more blunt than usual, which people can perceive as rude. Different cultures, different generations and so on.

The point's been well made about taking attempt posts seriously. I suggest this post is locked now, how is that done?

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
The human body has the integrity and strength of an iPhone. You could throw it from the tenth floor and it'll either shatter on impact, or there's a small chance of it coming out without a goddamn scratch.

Reactions: not_a_robot
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
So you elevate your own personal impression to the level of knowledge and infer from it most posts about failed attempts are fake. Clearly you haven't got any actual evidence and are just guessing. One might simpy say you're pulling your 'conclusion' out of thin air. Which is a nice way of putting it.

It's a myth that wisdom comes with age. So called 'common sense' is nothing more than a synonym for prejudice. It's 'common sense' that suicide is immoral, absurd, springs from nothing but mental illness, cowardess and selfishness yet here we are.

I fail to see what the point of your post is: self-aggrandisement? Making life more difficult for those who are already struggling? Dissuading people from reporting their failures? Hiking up the succes-rate of attempts?

Of course it's possible certain stories are fake but since there is no way of knowing which ones are real and which ones aren't it's pointless to guess let alone drawing the absurd, completely unfounded conclusion that the majority of such reports are fake.

This reads like an attempt at guilt-tripping those who made an actual attempt but failed (a common occurence as most attempts fail) especially since you're positing honesty is somehow statistically unlikely. Which again you simply cannot and do not know. It's your opinion, not fact.

Starting a message with the phrase anyone who disagrees with you is 'butt hurt' and claiming not to be interested in any contrary replies is typical troll behaviour. It's also inconsistent since you did reply to such comments.

Why post anything if you're not interested in discussion? If you are why the needless drama? Could it be that you're just attention seeking?

Yup, this. I was about to say all of that, but you already did and better than I would have. All this is going to do is make others scared to post because everyone else will think it's fake.