• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
Anyone else have ambition and the mindset to be productive but you're just tired all the time? Ive lost the will to do shit, i literally just laid in bed the entire week and watched youtube videos. I feel i have so many ideas and things i want to say, but im too tired to do anything. Even when i do find the energy to execute some of my ideas, i find they arn't as grand as i imagined them to be.

I liked to program, i liked to write music, i liked to play video games, but everything just seams like a chore when im like this to be honest. everything is just so draining.

Oh well, dear reader if you read this far, thanks.

Last edited:
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Are you on any medications? That sounds like a serious case.

Zegers

Zegers

Misfit
Dec 15, 2021
I feel tired all the time from about 5 hours after waking up and motivation went down the drain some time ago. What has helped for need energy is Modafinil and similar but you can also try Energy Drinks, supplements.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
I don't have the same issue really. Low motivation I do but if you were laying down almost all week that's something more.

Maybe schedule a doctor (as opposed to therapist/psychiatrist) appointment? Doing that will get you out as well, whenever it is for. And hopefully also find a reason.

Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
what would you recommend doing?
You could describe what you said here to your doctor and ask if you can be screened for major depressive disorder / depression. Antidepressants don't work for everyone, and can take a while to kick in / find one that works, but it does work wonders for some and helps them to get back on their feet. They might also screen you for other things that may be causing depressive-like symptoms like hypothyroidism or vitamin deficiencies.

Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer

Feb 22, 2023
I feel this a lot. It's like, I have a desire to do fun activities and to make music and all that, but I have zero motivation. Thinking about the ideas I have for projects or all the things I enjoy just makes me feel depressed, I can barely answer when people ask me my hobbies because it just depresses me to think about them. It feels like I'm just stuck in this position of wanting to do things but also, on some level, not wanting to do them, and it feels contradictory and confusing and just awful.

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
Update:

Decided to get out of my house today. Honestly, i felt better after i decided to take a walk in the park. I'm still not energized, but i do feel quite a bit better.

• Love
Reactions: Citruscine
Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
I have the same issue. I feel so sleepy during the day. I still am forcing myself to go walk outside everyday but it's so hard sometimes (like today lol) :/

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
It seems that you have an incredibly low level of motivation and energy. Seems like it may be Seasonal Affective Disorder. I suggest seeking a professional since it sounds serious. I go through the same thing but medications were able to help. Since getting out of your house helps, you should do that whenever this happens again. Hope this helps.

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
same, i wanted meds but my parents discouraged me a lot to try it and scheduling the appointment while trying to work on personal projects sounded worse... i try to take daily walk/jog around dead hours 4-5am though it kinda reset if you fell asleep afterwards, well at least it felt like it on my case