• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
For ones that believe in reincarnation, how do you cope with the following probabilities:
- being a newborn or child in a world that's on the brink of world war.
- having parents not yet ready to be parents.
- repetitiveness: we see it in daily life and it might extend after death - eg again being unhealthy, again a social misfit and other problems we have faced in current life.
- others you name them :)

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
If there were any control, it would be a good idea to wait till the end of next world war to become a baby boomer. If not, there isn't much to worry about, because it will happen anyway.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
If there were any control, it would be a good idea to wait till the end of next world war to become a baby boomer. If not, there isn't much to worry about, because it will happen anyway.
How soon after death do you get reincarnated?

Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
How soon after death do you get reincarnated?
From reports of children with past memory, it's usually within years, or possibly a decade. I guess it's roughly that range, not like centuries ago, some famous warriors or nobles in history.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
From reports of children with past memory, it's usually within years, or possibly a decade. I guess it's roughly that range, not like centuries ago, some famous warriors or nobles in history.
Could it be even longer? Like 19 years? And have you heard about different life setup choices? Apparently you get to choose between a few different lives. I wonder what my other choices were. Do you think those other choices would have the same or a similar birthday as you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Could it be even longer? Like 19 years? And have you heard about different life setup choices? Apparently you get to choose between a few different lives. I wonder what my other choices were. Do you think those other choices would have the same or a similar birthday as you?

.I actually have a garbage collection theory of reincarnation: if people still have references in this world (such as famous people recorded in textbook, having an actively visited grave, being missed by living people), they won't reincarnate until all references are cleared. Otherwise, there would be conflicts. If that's the case, it would be possible for a soul to wander for 19 years, if the previous character was popular and remembered by people who lived on for another 19 years.

• Informative
Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
.I actually have a garbage collection theory of reincarnation: if people still have references in this world (such as famous people recorded in textbook, having an actively visited grave, being missed by living people), they won't reincarnate until all references are cleared. Otherwise, there would be conflicts. If that's the case, it would be possible for a soul to wander for 19 years, if the previous character was popular and remembered by people who lived on for another 19 years.
Mind sharing the source, if you have it at hand?
I've heard about the importance of clearing deceased' links with his old life. In some cultures they cremate the body, in others renovate his house, give the belongings to the poor.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Mind sharing the source, if you have it at hand?
I've heard about the importance of clearing deceased' links with his old life. In some cultures they cremate the body, in others renovate his house, give the belongings to the poor.
I am sorry, there is no source. I just have this idea from my own experience: people clear up the stuff of the deceased. Perhaps doing so also helps the living people to overcome the strong feelings, remove the reminders, and forget about the past. I think about reincarnation all the time and want to discuss such ideas with other people.

Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
I am sorry, there is no source. I just have this idea from my own experience: people clear up the stuff of the deceased. Perhaps doing so also helps the living people to overcome the strong feelings, remove the reminders, and forget about the past. I think about reincarnation all the time and want to discuss such ideas with other people.
There's an abundance of literature nowadays on that topic. Eg Stevenson "Children who remember past lives", Moody "Life after life". Of course take it with a grain of salt, there's a lot of subjectivity. They're not spiritual masters, neither the people referenced in their books.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
There's an abundance of literature nowadays on that topic. Eg Stevenson "Children who remember past lives", Moody "Life after life". Of course take it with a grain of salt, there's a lot of subjectivity. They're not spiritual masters, neither the people referenced in their books.
Thanks. I have read some cases here and there, on YouTube, etc. The most convincing one, I think, was about two friends promising to notify the other after death as an experiment. And one did die early in an accident. The other one knew about his death in a dream or something, and the fact was only verified later through some relatives or friends.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
How would cryonics work with reincarnation?

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Not sure what you mean.
Reincarnation is just something that happens to you.
I don't think that many people look forward to it.
Buddhism is a whole religion centered around the attempt to escape the cycle.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Not sure what you mean.
Reincarnation is just something that happens to you.
I don't think that many people look forward to it.
Buddhism is a whole religion centered around the attempt to escape the cycle.
Do you think that your different life setup choices would have the same or a similar birthday as you?

Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
How would cryonics work with reincarnation?
Some sort of modern mummification... how would that work lol.
In ancient Egypt mummies were based on a belief that the pharaoh will want to come back at some point in the future. Instead of coming with a frail newborn body, he would occupy his old adult body.