• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

I came by this website "https://www.edx.org/". It offers free and paid courses from Harvard, MIT...etc. You can study some courses for free there, and pay for certification if we you wish. The certificate costs 200USD.

Also you can attend complete programs for 10K online. But I think this isn't affordable for most of us. So you can stick to a free course, learn something you love in languages, science, programming..etc, and purchase the certificate later on. It can help you to apply for new jobs maybe.

I'm signing up to programming course, let's see how it goes. Good luck everyone!

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

I came by this website "https://www.edx.org/". It offers free and paid courses from Harvard, MIT...etc. You can study some courses for free there, and pay for certification if we you wish. The certificate costs 200USD.

Also you can attend complete programs for 10K online. But I think this isn't affordable for most of us. So you can stick to a free course, learn something you love in languages, science, programming..etc, and purchase the certificate later on. It can help you to apply for new jobs maybe.

I'm signing up to programming course, let's see how it goes. Good luck everyone!
Hello as a clueless med school dropout this might be helpful, I don't live in US so idk how helpful the certificates are going to be (since in my country a lot of company put a bachelor requirements) and my hand is tied because I am stuck helping running my parents store and trying to do art.

Thank you for the info though.

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Hello as a clueless med school dropout this might be helpful, I don't live in US so idk how helpful the certificates are going to be (since in my country a lot of company put a bachelor requirements) and my hand is tied because I am stuck helping running my parents store and trying to do art.

Check there may be courses for medical and art fields. I'm not sure about the usefulness of the certificate, but it seems a legit website, and they offer professional certifications. I'm doing the free courses for now, and I might purchase the certificates once I need them and have money for them. Good luck for your studies :)

Reactions: Red
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019

I am not sure if you are looking for or are interested in a job in the medical field? If you are, there are many potential jobs related to medicine that do not necessarily require graduation from a med school.

I am not sure how it works in your country, but in the US, the requirements to get into med school are pretty tough and it takes a very long time to get that degree. I am a bit surprised that a bachelor degree is not required prior to admission into med school in your country - I am not questing your statement, I am just curious, requirements may well be different in your country.

However, there are still many jobs where a background in medicine is very beneficial even if you did not graduate (not sure how long you stayed in med school or courses you completed). But, some of these jobs include medical journalism, sales of pharmaceuticals, medical writing (writing up drug studies/patient narratives), medical data entry, and many more.

Maybe one day you can get unstuck from your parent's store, or maybe, if your first love is medicine, doing some part time job to fulfill that love would help.

Best to you!!! : )

@nopointofliving - this is great information. Thanks : )

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
We have similar online courses in the UK I call them CV fluffers, :smiling: the courses, and qualifications look impressive on your CV I added a lot of cheap courses, you can study online but some cost you £25 or 5 courses for £49.00 but they make their money selling endorsed certificates which I never paid for.

Here are some free courses with the OU, https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

There are plenty to choose from https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/free

The jobs I apply for, 8 out of 10 I get an interview but with a previous shit, reference I get knocked back, but I have a start coming from a friend I worked with previously so won't bother with previous references.

Cheers

Geo

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
OMG it even has japanese courses!
I might check it out!

Ty 4 sharing, dear.

Hugs,

Matt

• Hugs