• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
walking my dog, slacklining, being outdoors, high doses of raw cacao
Listening to and Writing music, though I'm not good enough at it for it to even matter. No one cares about what I write either
what you write is already beautiful, it is creative, creativity is your greatest power. No one has to care about it, though with a world full of people surely some would

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I really enjoy feeding the homeless. Sometimes their reaction makes me glad I'm alive at that moment.
My dream would be to run a community just for outcasts, homeless, etc. or people who did not have a good beginning, and protect them from government. So they have tiny homes, and their own spot, no roommates unless they want one. They could have their pets, there would be little jobs to do but not like anything extreme forced on u and of course if u cannot do because of health reasons. It would be a sustainable thing where we grow some food, maybe some farm animals. A community free of gov intervention. In this community u would be treated with dignity and many people would probably thrive and maybe there would be some therapy on site, but no pushing pills that are dangerous for u lol!

Things that help me: The gym, playing with my cat, YouTube, taking walk while listening to music. Hanging out with people I care about doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I have this weird thing that kicks in when I'm very down, that will try to get me to go into a denial about the true reality of my circumstances lol! This might be why I've stayed alive this long. If I actually think about how bad off I'am I feel way worse. It's like a defense mechanism.

Last edited:
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
My dream would be to run a community just for outcasts, homeless, etc. or people who did not have a good beginning, and protect them from government. So they have tiny homes, and their own spot, no roommates unless they want one. They could have their pets, there would be little jobs to do but not like anything extreme forced on u and of course if u cannot do because of health reasons. It would be a sustainable thing where we grow some food, maybe some farm animals. A community free of gov intervention. In this community u would be treated with dignity and many people would probably thrive and maybe there would be some therapy on site, but no pushing pills that are dangerous for u lol!

Things that help me: The gym, playing with my cat, YouTube, taking walk while listening to music. Hanging out with people I care about doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I have this weird thing that kicks in when I'm very down, that will try to get me to go into a denial about the true reality of my circumstances lol! This might be why I've stayed alive this long. If I actually think about how bad off I'am I feel way worse. It's like a defense mechanism.
I think your dream is fantastic! I would love to do that too.

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
Lately it's been baking and cooking nice dishes that is the most pleasant thing I'm doing. It used to be doing art, and in the future it may be art again. But for now I have lost interest in art. Don't know why. I love cooking a nice batch of baked rigatoni with goodies in it, or a nice pizza, etc, having some of it, then freezing the rest of it for make ahead meals. I just get this secure and pleasant feeling seeing my freezer and fridge full of home made meals, being able to have something nice to pull out of the freezer, and to know I made the dish.

C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
What are some things you do to feel better or for pleasure? For me it's music, art and playing with my dog❤
I like this thread a lot! Thank you for asking! I listen to music, preferably the oldies classic hits, like the Beetles, Elton John, Rolling Stones, etc. I also love to eat sweets, ice cream, cookies, brownies, cakes, anything chocolate. I've always wanted to own a dog but know I'm too irresponsible and "crazy" to care for one, nor can I afford one, but I love to look on Craigslist and other sites at adoptable pets and imagine giving all of htem a good home. I imagine not being mentally ill and having a house with a big backyard and being able to care for my kids and having a family dog that's already trained and super affectionate and loving and that likes to give lots of kisses and play ball. Reading is also a good escape for me, and I enjoy telling stories to myself, mostly in my head, though I sometimes write them out. I spend a lot of time fantasizing about being a different person, in a totally different life, happy with kids and dogs and my partner all around me. On dark days, though, I take comfort in suicide fantasies. Like, I fantasize about being able to care for my kids and partner in a peaceful afterlife and to care for them in a far better way than I evere could on Earth. Being on SS is also a great comfort to me. I don't always have the energy to post or reply with members, but even just reading people's posts and seeing people comfort one another brings me peace inside, even though it's sad that we are all here on this site. When I'm not plagued with anxiety, I also enjoy hanging out with my closest friends and going out to eat, or taking a walk in a quiet place, like a bike trail or in a nature park or around a lake. I like to be out in nature where I can hear the birds sing and where traffic finally shuts the hell up already and I don't have to wear earplugs. My anxiety is so severe that I have to wear earplugs when I go out all the time because I live in a city, so it's a huge relief for me to go to quiet places where I can take them out and just feel one with nature and all of her beautiful creatures.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Lately it's been baking and cooking nice dishes that is the most pleasant thing I'm doing. It used to be doing art, and in the future it may be art again. But for now I have lost interest in art. Don't know why. I love cooking a nice batch of baked rigatoni with goodies in it, or a nice pizza, etc, having some of it, then freezing the rest of it for make ahead meals. I just get this secure and pleasant feeling seeing my freezer and fridge full of home made meals, being able to have something nice to pull out of the freezer, and to know I made the dish.
I've been baking and cooking a lot recently too, whenever I feel up to it. It's unusual for me because I usually hate to cook and I've never really been very good at it. However, I've always loved watching cooking shows and the Food Network. I recently got an Instant Pot and I've been having fun making lots of different things in it. I recently made a pot roast with potatoes and carrots and I was really happy that it turned out good. And I had enough food for nearly a week because I'm here by myself. I also love the feeling of having a full freezer. And it's really nice to know some of the food is homemade and not all that store-bought frozen crap. :smiling:
The rigatoni sound yummy! :heart:

enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
hmm... listening to music always helps, as does buying new things, especially clothes. playing guitar, too. eating my favorite foods sometimes helps, but i don't eat nearly as much as i used to. oh, and sleep. i have extreme difficulty getting to sleep, so finally being asleep is a very blissful experience.