• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FinalDawn

FinalDawn

Inherently Inferior
May 5, 2024
As an art major I feel I am consistently outranked by everybody around me at my college, as well as people who aren't even art majors/people who do it as a hobby. My 16-year-old sister is a better artist than me. I'm in college! I'm supposed to be getting better, but I'm not. It's fucking horrible because I really am passionate about art and animation, but I don't think I currently have or ever will have the chops to make a living out of it. Recently flunking two classes in art has really confirmed all this for me. I'm no artist, and I never will be.

I guess I could change majors but I'm completely clueless as to what to change to. Music is also something I'm passionate about but I don't think I'm good enough at that either.

Does anybody else also struggle with inadequacy like this?

LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
As an art major I feel I am consistently outranked by everybody around me at my college, as well as people who aren't even art majors/people who do it as a hobby. My 16-year-old sister is a better artist than me. I'm in college! I'm supposed to be getting better, but I'm not. It's fucking horrible because I really am passionate about art and animation, but I don't think I currently have or ever will have the chops to make a living out of it. Recently flunking two classes in art has really confirmed all this for me. I'm no artist, and I never will be.
I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering from this terrible feeling.
I've never been good enough anywhere, too. I'm 36 now, working as an ordinary office clerk and I'm bad at it no matter how hard I try.
I studied computer science 15 years and then got a programming job in 2015, but I wasn't good enough and enormous pressure of the job gave me bipolar II. Now I'm legally disabled because of it, and my short-term memory has been obliterated, but still I'm not eligible for welfare/benefits (I live in Japan.) My 15 years turned into a paralyzing helplessness. I accidentally rendered myself disabled and now I live with my parents.

Now, the whole point of my life is posting my poems on this forum and seeking attention. I don't know how pathetic it sounds.

I guess I could change majors but I'm completely clueless as to what to change to. Music is also something I'm passionate about but I don't think I'm good enough at that either.

Does anybody else also struggle with inadequacy like this?
At this point I have no motivation to pursue new career, and I'm ashamed of it, but I'll do my best to hold down my current job...
I feel like I haven't been cut out to live in this dog-eat-dog world.

By the way, is your PFP your art? I love it! Dawn is my most favorite time of the day.

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope your life will be a bit less unbearable šŸ™

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
You can always start a political career.
History knows cases of unfulfilled artists who followed a completely new path.
Just don't start 3/4 of the world war, please.

Sorry, I had to comment like that.

More seriously, unfortunately we can't always do what we want. The world is often a disappointing place.
Maybe all is not lost yet? I don't know.
I don't know anything about art.