SadPingu

SadPingu

Go out like a spark, my trauma and me.
Jul 27, 2023
This is nothing but a rant. I was on a mental health first aid course as part of my job (the irony).

Everyone meant well and some of the training genuinely could help people. However at one point this website got mentioned. The facilitator wouldn't name the site but explained what could be found here. I know it's cos they don't understand but the reaction of the room was to tut and shake their heads and all I could think was, "Fuck all of you. You have no idea."

If you're going to aim to understand mental health you need to understand why people come to places like this.

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom, アホペンギン, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
It's a cruel irony that the people who seek to help us end up hurting us like this. I have told my therapist about SaSu (shockingly haven't been hospitalized once btw) and my close friend, and neither really get it. However, they haven't directly attacked the site like the people you mentioned and others I know of, so that's something. Maybe the fact that this site isn't how they portray it to be is enough to counteract the pain people can cause when they say things like that. Maybe the good that this site can do should be better appreciated and espoused by those of us it's helped. I try to explain certain things to people, but it's hard not to scare others away when talking about things like this. A shame, honestly. I wish everyone in the world could feel at home on a site similar to SaSu, as it has helped me develop as a person and incorporate new beliefs and perspectives into my own view of the world. I appreciate the opportunity to hear people talk, whatever they speak about: ranting, venting, thanking, espousing, asserting, etc. I love it all (not in a weird or uncompassionate way though, I hope) <3.

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom, avoid, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Pro-life people like that disgust me, I don't know why they think it's their business if other people wish to cease existing on their own terms, just because they want to stay here doesn't mean that everyone else must suffer, we all have our right to die. Having the option to leave this existence on our own terms is very important in this hellish world where there is no limit as to how much one can be tormented.

Reactions: Seered Doom, SadPingu and ArtemisaGentileschi