• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
we don't get to choose our parents
we don't get to choose our body or face
we don't get to choose our dna
we don't get to choose our school
we don't get to choose the place you are born into
we don't get to choose who we fall in love with
we don't get to choose when we die
we don't get to choose when we live
we don't get to choose the education you receive
we don't get to choose the laws
we don't get to choose the machine we inherit on this godforsaken earth
that's all predetermined

it's our fate to die to fade away into nothingness
humans prefer comforting lies to unpleasant truths?

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
It certainly depends on how you look at it. Just because a person comes from an unsuccessful family does not mean they can't be successful. However, that's the only thing that comes to mind. I agree with all the previously stated points. Life is unpredictable and more often than not, you can't control it. And yeah, people believe what they want to believe, which isn't the bitter truth.

Reactions: Darkover
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering without a purpose
Feb 28, 2023
It's true, life is almost entirely decided by fate. The main reason is of course how much power others hold over us, for example in denying access to the most basic of rights such as the right to die. Anyone who says life is a choice must be delusional because it's nearly impossible to ctb, mainly due to pro-lifers and SI from the remaining methods. This is one of the things I desire about death; the lack of chance deciding how I will go on which could only be a positive to me. The prospect of being tortured forever is simply not present in death, but I consider my life to be a torture anyway. Sadly, others being so cruel is a part of fate and I don't see it changing any time soon. I hope we both get peace in this miserable world.

Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
whoa i better not look into your eyes

sorry it just reminds me of a song lyric, and actually a week ago.. i found this video..

and me and my other two friends agree it isn't easy as the conclusion of the video. but it does validate your post.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Of course it's true that chance very cruelly determines everything in this world where people endlessly and unfairly suffer all through no fault of their own. This is why I view it as always being preferable to not exist at all, as there is simply no limit as to how much we can be tortured in this world, and of course nobody can be harmed by not existing.

Saying that life is what you make of it, really is such a nonsense saying, I think that some people just don't want to accept the fact that they have limited control over their lives. At least people can technically control when they die rather than leaving it up to fate but even suicide can feel impossible in this hellish world where reliable methods are restricted from us.

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Some people say that life is what you make of it but I would say that there are some events left purely up to chance that will take every bit of control that one has away from them, leaving them only with the cards dealt and an inability to escape or cope unless something changes.

I've seen a lot of people say, "Look how bad I was doing and how I got myself out of it," but I think that the reality (in many cases) is that the person didn't simply escape, but the dice rolled in their favor after an extended period of rolling against them. This opens the door that one can walk through to make it out of a situation but it doesn't mean that this person was able to pick the lock or bust the door down.

We can do what we can do but it really does boil down more to luck and chance in my opinion. Even when it comes to looking on the bright side, that is a matter of luck and chance. Everyone is born with a different brain that experiences consciousness differently and functions differently. Not everyone's brain is going to be capable of optimistic thinking at all times or maybe not at all even.

dontfearthereaper11

dontfearthereaper11

curiouser and curiouser
Mar 17, 2023
Life doesn't have a defined purpose. We are put here merely because we were thrown here by force. We don't get to choose our upbringings, and have very seldom control over our adulthoods, in most cases. Though life is full of hardships, I think the only thing capable of making it worth it would be focusing on the beautiful things in life. There isn't much, but if you're capable of finding a diamond in the midst of all the rubble, it can give you something the hold on to.

Unfortunately, most aren't able to find this. So it's fair to feel like there is no point in everything. But in your time here, it's all up to luck to see if you find that diamond you might be looking for. It isn't denying the truth of the suffering here, but it is finding comfort in it all. That's all living is, trying to trudge through the suffering for one reason or another.

dreambound

dreambound

Dec 14, 2021
When there is a population as dangerously huge as this, with everyone competing with one another &
every action of every person having repercussions, its overwhelming for people like me to try & navigate
such a fast paced world. It seems the more people there are, the less control you have over your own life.

.....If you want to better your chances of survival & ovoid the inevitable conflict, then perhaps having as
little to do with the rest of the world as possible, would be an option..... and you would have less chance
of the chaos of society & its mandatory suffering from reaching you........

Last edited:
Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

𝗕𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝘀, 𝗟𝗼𝗟𝗗
Mar 15, 2023
The best life can be achieved when playing the cards you're dealt in the best way possible. For some, they are dealt an objectively bad hand. But most of us get stuck thinking there's no moves we can play, trapping ourselves instead of thinking what the best move or call to make would be. Which is why a lot of us sit behind our screen scrolling this forum.

Reactions: cowie