• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
It's called Suicide Noted, and the host interviews people who tried to take their own lives at one point or another. He's not condescending, he doesn't judge them, and he listens without interrupting or offering platitudes. I've been binge-ing it lately, and it makes me feel less alone. Please check it out, because it's extremely refreshing to hear people talk openly and honestly about their feelings about life, and their attempts.

Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Mar 24, 2021
is anyone on it like, oh yeah no i'm totally gonna try again
You'd be surprised. The last one I listened to, the host asked him if he was ever going to make an attempt again, and the guy admitted he'd tried 2 weeks ago, and couldn't guaruntee that he wouldn't if his PTSD got triggered enough. Some people are more afraid of being honest about it than others though, and probably wouldn't admit to it on a publicly-available podcast even if they still were. A lot of them end it off with an "I'm doing ok now" which may or may not be true. Everyone wants to have a success story.

Last edited:
K

ket

Dec 18, 2021
You'd be surprised. The last one I just listened to, the host asked him if he was ever going to make an attempt again, and the guy admitted he'd tried 2 weeks ago, and couldn't guaruntee that he wouldn't if his PTSD got triggered enough. Some people are more afraid of being honest about it than others though, and probably wouldn't admit to it on a publicly-available podcast even if they still were. A lot of them end it off with an "I'm doing ok now" which may or may not be true. Everyone wants to have a success story.
ah fair, that always annoyed me with those "oh everyone who jumped from the golden gate immediately regretted it" stories. like yeah if si kicks in i bet it makes you reconsider but it doesn't make all that suffering and the desire to end it less real.

Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Mar 24, 2021
ah fair, that always annoyed me with those "oh everyone who jumped from the golden gate immediately regretted it" stories. like yeah if si kicks in i bet it makes you reconsider but it doesn't make all that suffering and the desire to end it less real.
I haven't listened to all of the episodes, but there's probably some survivors who spin that narrative to be "inspirational" or whatever.

They actually get pretty dark sometimes. One of the guests straight-up admits to the host that he had a feeling that he "didn't belong here" as early as 6-years-old, and that he always felt a sense of safety and comfort knowing that he could take his own life if things got bad. And he also didn't backpedal on his pro-choice view in regards to assisted suicide.

R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
Is the podcast easily found on podcast directories?

I rarely listen to podcasts, so am not good at searching. I use app Podcast Addict, and just searched for "Suicide Noted" and the result did not appear.

I am sure I could find it with an internet search.

I am interested if the podcast is generally on podcast directories or is it banned, if anyone knows. My guess is it would be regularly removed from directories, if people become aware of it.

Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Mar 24, 2021
Is the podcast easily found on podcast directories?

I rarely listen to podcasts, so am not good at searching. I use app Podcast Addict, and just searched for "Suicide Noted" and the result did not appear.

I am sure I could find it with an internet search.

I am interested if the podcast is generally on podcast directories or is it banned, if anyone knows. My guess is it would be regularly removed from directories, if people become aware of it.
You can listen to the episodes on YouTube, Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google podcasts, and the show's website which I linked above. I am scared of it getting removed too, but it has managed to last on all major platforms with almost 100 episodes so far.

• Informative
Reactions: Shu and rationalis
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Just been listening to a recent episode now, thanks for highlighting this

trampingtroll

trampingtroll

Mar 20, 2024
thanks for sharing!! will definetly check it out! <3
It's called Suicide Noted, and the host interviews people who tried to take their own lives at one point or another. He's not condescending, he doesn't judge them, and he listens without interrupting or offering platitudes. I've been binge-ing it lately, and it makes me feel less alone. Please check it out, because it's extremely refreshing to hear people talk openly and honestly about their feelings about life, and their attempts

Reactions: divinemistress36