• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
When I hear this said as an 'argument', I agree with people. It's not that I don't believe there are better times ahead, I do, but when you think of all the good times you have already had, have they ever outweighed the bad? That's my issue with that argument. It's a weighing scales thing, logic.
For me, I can never ever say they have. Also, no one seems to talk about the mediocre times. So much of life seems to be full of mundane activities and routines. Why do people just want more of that? More showers, getting dressed, going to the toilet, cooking dinner. That's the nuts and bolts of life really, sheer banality.

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
OF course there are good times ahead, except maybe just for some, who think "every crisis is an opportunitty" (And you might be impressed as the number and variety of individuals who stated this phrase: from Marylin Monroe, to Marthin Luther King , to Yuval Noah Harari and J.D Rockfeller

But i also heard its a chinese proverb, since the word "crisis" is formed by the words "danger and opportunity" - which also heard is "an often incorrect interpretation caused by a John F. Kennedy speech. I don't understand chinese, i do understand 1 thing though:

Hadn't i had a "crisis" that set on certain course, i wouldn't have the opportunity of finally taking matters unto my own hand instead of waiting for some "miracle"

EDIT* i do agree 10000% and would like to emphasize: most people now want life's most banal things, those who once were taken for granted, very depressive indeed

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
The truth is there may be good times ahead and there may not, but "there are good times ahead" is never a good argument in favor of life's worth. It's false hope, the carrot in front of a donkey thing.
The truth is you'll very likely to have to go through a lot of hell to get a scrap of that so-called "good times", and it's easy for all the efforts to go totally in vain.
It's interesting how people just don't talk about this fact.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
The truth is there may be good times ahead and there may not, but "there are good times ahead" is never a good argument in favor of life's worth. It's false hope, the carrot in front of a donkey thing.
The truth is you'll very likely to have to go through a lot of hell to get a scrap of that so-called "good times", and it's easy for all the efforts to go totally in vain.
It's interesting how people just don't talk about this fact.
I agree. It all becomes about the 'good times'
and this assumed idea that say 20% 'good times' are worth 80% shite and mundanity. It's really not a great deal.

Reactions: sserafim
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
When I hear this said as an 'argument', I agree with people. It's not that I don't believe there are better times ahead, I do, but when you think of all the good times you have already had, have they ever outweighed the bad? That's my issue with that argument. It's a weighing scales thing, logic.
For me, I can never ever say they have. Also, no one seems to talk about the mediocre times. So much of life seems to be full of mundane activities and routines. Why do people just want more of that? More showers, getting dressed, going to the toilet, cooking dinner. That's the nuts and bolts of life really, sheer banality.
I totally agree. When I'm well I bask in the peace of my mind. Tbh things aren't even mundane. I'm just so relieved to be at peace.

But the bad days are heavy and horrible. I just want to die. Although I'll probably get some good days it's not worth the agony of the bad times.

This morning after a couple of good weeks I feel afraid and of course it just spirals. People always say
'you'll come up again'. Maybe I will but like yourself I see it as a set of scales. Agony for weeks/months, a wee spell of peace, back to agony. Of course if I could know that in six weeks time I'd come up again, I could tolerate this.
But there are no gaurentees I will pick up and no knowing how bad it might get.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Ikr! I hate the mundaneness of life. I hate the little things we have to do just to exist. It honestly feels like a chore. I can't imagine doing the same thing for my entire life, I'd rather die. It would honestly seem like a weird simulation where every day is the same. I would hate that kind of existence

Also I hate when people tell us to keep going because "things will get better". There's no guarantee that they will. I hate how pro-lifers have such blind optimism and hope for the future

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
A key component of evolution must be delusion I think. Humans could not have survived so long without hopium.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
A key component of evolution must be delusion I think. Humans could not have survived so long without hopium.
Yup, and the copium. I honestly think normal people are delusional. They're just surviving off hopium and copium

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Honestly, I hate this phrase. Not because it's impossible but because it seems to assume things just passively happen in life. In my experience- they don't. If you want good things to happen- you have to make the effort to bring them about and- even then- they may not be as great as you hoped. They may actually fail all together.

A lot of people here are suffering from depression. They simply don't have the energy or will to make the effort in life anymore. How are things really going to change for them? There's another phrase that I think is far more realistic: 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' (Attributed to Einstein.)

I just find it so lazy as a phrase- 'Things are bound to turn around soon. Things are bound to get better.' I think it's also used in part to shut someone up. Things will magically get better soon- so- stop worrying about your problems and stop talking about them!