• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

oliviahurts

oliviahurts

guess I'm paralyzed now
Sep 13, 2021
Thanks bed, but it seems that the first link has been deleted and the second I don't have access to view.

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks bed, but it seems that the first link has been deleted and the second I don't have access to view.
Oh no, I'm sorry. Do these work? Also there are many different pdf's on the first site for mental health.

and for the second link if you go to the top comment on this thread it might work?

Last edited:
oliviahurts

oliviahurts

guess I'm paralyzed now
Sep 13, 2021
Oh no, I'm sorry. Do these work? Also there are many different pdf's on the first site for mental health.
First one works, thanks.

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
This is a great source, but I don't think these are any help without a therapist, medications, diets and everything else, adding up to a lot of money as well, of course. Maybe you can understand what's wrong, doesn't mean you can or will do something to change it. No money, no help.

Reactions: Bed
Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
This is a great source, but I don't think these are any help without a therapist, medications, diets and everything else, adding up to a lot of money as well, of course. Maybe you can understand what's wrong, doesn't mean you can or will do something to change it. No money, no help.
understandable, i feel the same way about it basically but thought it might help someone who can't afford traditional therapy.

callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
understandable, i feel the same way about it basically but thought it might help someone who can't afford traditional therapy.
I doubt it. It's intended for working with your therapist. Since most people here already have one, it's helpful to them, but it's not the answer. People who can't afford therapy can afford something else or they are screwed.

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
I doubt it. It's intended for working with your therapist. Since most people here already have one, it's helpful to them, but it's not the answer. People who can't afford therapy can afford something else or they are screwed.
fair enough

callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
If somebody can afford to be helped, why would they be here

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
If somebody can afford to be helped, why would they be here
never said that, just thought there was a possibility it might be useful to maybe someone and it took a second to post.

callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
never said that, just thought there was a possibility it might be useful to maybe someone and it took a second to post.
How does it work really? CBT which I am sure is covered, has an overstated success rate. If therapists don't find themselves being of help to even 50% of their patients, which I suspect as a reason to state much higher success, then how is a patient completely unaware of this science do it?
I am assured you have selected the best possible guides in terms of the author not selling a gimmick, but the same old "everybody would do it then" comes to mind, too good to be true.

How can somebody that hates their life and is borderline for example, "change " it around if their circumstances don't change, and are affected by completely different factors, money for example? If coping strategies work, they appear to be placebo, because seeing something in a positive light doesn't change it and if it's not true, it can convince you for only so long.

Sure you don't feel a pain in your leg you say to yourself, but how would it not hurt if it's broken? Can you explain? Sure I wish a workbook is all we need.

Did you know Daniel J. Fox's workbook on borderline disorder? Saw you have the other popular ones of the same type..

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
How does it work really? CBT which I am sure is covered, has an overstated success rate. If therapists don't find themselves being of help to even 50% of their patients, which I suspect as a reason to state much higher success, then how is a patient completely unaware of this science do it?
I am assured you have selected the best possible guides in terms of the author not selling a gimmick, but the same old "everybody would do it then" comes to mind, too good to be true.

How can somebody that hates their life and is borderline for example, "change " it around if their circumstances don't change, and are affected by completely different factors, money for example? If coping strategies work, they appear to be placebo, because seeing something in a positive light doesn't change it and if it's not true, it can convince you for only so long.

Sure you don't feel a pain in your leg you say to yourself, but how would it not hurt if it's broken? Can you explain? Sure I wish a workbook is all we need.

Did you know Daniel J. Fox's workbook on borderline disorder? Saw you have the other popular ones of the same type..
Like I said, it took a second to post. Personally, it doesn't help me either but this is a recovery section and possibly it might help someone even if it's just them trying to cope while waiting to see a therapist since waitlists can be long.

callme

callme

Aug 15, 2021
Like I said, it took a second to post. Personally, it doesn't help me either but this is a recovery section and possibly it might help someone even if it's just them trying to cope while waiting to see a therapist since waitlists can be long.
Oh.. they has waiting lists. Didn't know that.

I thought you must have taken some time to sourde all books and research which ones are good.

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
Oh.. they has waiting lists. Didn't know that.

I thought you must have taken some time to sourde all books and research which ones are good.
I don't understand what you mean?
I took the resources from a thread on Reddit, I didn't make the list.