• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

my_name_is_mud

my_name_is_mud

Jar of flies
Feb 5, 2024
I'm currently in a psychiatric hospital, in a brief intervention unit. So far, all I can get out of it is that I'm guilt tripped to the core.

It's coming to the point that I don't know if I should be honest or not with them. When I'm honest (I still want to CTB and I intent to do it after the hospitalisation) they make me feel like I dumb. They say I will hurt people around me including myself, that I don't help them doing their job, that I don't take the help that they're giving me.

The context is that I managed to pass out while my attempt to CTB and wouldn't be alive if I didn't have seizures that pushed me to regain consciousness. I called a friend in panic and they called a suicide ressource who forced me to go to the hospital, they didn't force me physically but I had no choice since I was a danger to myself.

So with that context in mind, and I know they all do that because they care and it's their job, I just feel like they don't want to comprehend my situation at all. Guys, I wasn't supposed to be here at all, I already feel ashamed of being alive and hurting people in my failed attempt.

I'm not in their care because I want to but because I'm forced to and they told me "we will not keep you with us further, since you don't want to help yourself". Like okay, I will go CTB then ? Like, you're telling me you forced me to come here because I'm a danger to myself and days after, you'll let me go because... i don't want to take care of myself and I'm still a danger to myself ?...

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
They are pretty fair in my experience, if you want to genuinely CTB they will let you go.

If you want help it's probably best to be honest.

Only you can be sure what is right for you.

my_name_is_mud

my_name_is_mud

Jar of flies
Feb 5, 2024
They are pretty fair in my experience, if you want to genuinely CTB they will let you go.

If you want help it's probably best to be honest.

Only you can be sure what is right for you.
Looking at it that way, they're fair indeed. It's just so absurd to me to be guilt tripped and nobody wanting to understand my pain since I wasn't even supposed to be alive in the first place

Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
Have you ever been in therapy before this?

99% of mental health professionals will always go out of their way to prevent suicide. I know, it's sad. They won't even engage in any type of philosophical discourse about it.

Oh sweetie, rational suicide is so rare that it's not even worth validating someone who wants to die.

• Aww..
Reactions: my_name_is_mud

A clown šŸ¤”
Jan 2, 2023

99% of mental health professionals will always go out of their way to prevent suicide. I know, it's sad. They won't even engage in any type of philosophical discourse about it.

Oh sweetie, rational suicide is so rare that it's not even worth validating someone who wants to die.

I don't understand them, why some people think that bringing a life with very little or no planning into this world is rational?

I mean birth and death are permanent decisions, you cannot go back in time (at least for now) and 'unbirth'. Also both birth and death have uncertainty. It's not known exactly how both will go. Uncertainty will be even greater on this planet in the next 75 years.

Bringing someone here is putting on them the weight of an average of 70 years of life on this planet.

Some people can force a teenager to have a child with very poor planning. Do they consider that rational?

I suppose as long as it gives them a benefit, they consider any birth 'rational' even though the conditions a person is born into are deplorable.

I'm not against life, i'm against unnecessary suffering.

Last edited:
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I don't understand them, why some people think that bringing a life with very little or no planning into this world is rational?

I mean birth and death are permanent decisions, you cannot go back in time (at least for now) and 'unbirth'. Also both birth and death have uncertainty. It's not known exactly how both will go. Uncertainty will be even greater on this planet in the next 75 years.

Bringing someone here is putting on them the weight of an average of 70 years of life on this planet.

Some people can force a teenager to have a child with very poor planning. Do they consider that rational?

I suppose as long as it gives them a benefit, they consider any birth 'rational' even though the conditions a person is born into are deplorable.

I'm not against life, i'm against unnecessary suffering.
I'm glad to find someone who thinks the same.

Maybe artificial intelligence will put and end to it all.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023

Well this does not make much sense.

The statistics they talked about in this video are obviously biased.
1. "Most of the people who survived suicide are glad that they are alive." Yes, because dead people cannot voice their opinions. You cannot interview/do research on dead people and ask them whether they're happy being dead. Guess what, 0% of the people who were successful regret their attempts, because dead people can not regret anything.
2. The ones that are desperate enough are also more likely to be successful in their attempts. Even if they failed the first time, it's more likely for them to reattempt and finally be successful. So we're back to #1, that dead people cannot voice their opinions.
3. "Most suicide attempt survivors have no further attempts." Yes, because suicide has been deliberately made so difficult and risky that it deters people from trying from the beginning. There's always a risk of severe consequences if you fail a suicide attempt, and some people are already suffering these consequences that make it much more difficult, if not impossible, for them to attempt again. One attempt is difficult enough for most people, let alone another one.
4. Even if it's true that "most people are glad that they didn't complete suicide", it doesn't logically follow that suicide is bad and should be prevented at all cost. You would need to argue how exactly non-existence harms the dead more than life harms the living for that (and guess what, you cannot make a non-religious argument for that).

Attempting suicide to escape pain IS rational, because suffering suck, there's no reason to keep enduring hellish suffering and suicide is an effective solution to the problem of suffering without creating new problems for the individual. Again, rationality is about solving problems, not about planning a suicide and going through it emotionlessly (oh right, emotional suffering in itself is pathological to them). Trapping people in their suffering, taking away their right to make a personal decision, because of a faith-based belief that life is good and death is bad is irrational.

The legal problem is a valid concern for them. But it's also because almost everyone has this religious belief that life is good and death is bad, which seems to be coming out of nowhere because I haven't seen a single solid evidence backing up the statement itself (it's just people hysterically being afraid of death because of some stupid biological instincts that has been imposed on them from birth).

It's ironic how these "rational and healthy" people, who claim that the suicidal are cognitively distorted and myopic, cannot see that non-existence is never a harm to the non-existent, while you can get harmed again and again in life until the day you die.

Last edited: