• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
I think the most important question facing humanity is, 'Is the universe a friendly place?' This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves.

For if we decide that the universe is an unfriendly place, then we will use our technology, our scientific discoveries, and our natural resources to achieve safety and power by creating bigger walls to keep out the unfriendliness and bigger weapons to destroy all that which is unfriendly and I believe that we are getting to a place where technology is powerful enough that we may either completely isolate or destroy ourselves as well in this process.

if we decide that the universe is neither friendly nor unfriendly and that God is essentially 'playing dice with the universe', then we are simply victims to the random toss of the dice and our lives have no real purpose or meaning.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
But surely, the devils are already inside the walls- us. What do you see as the 'unfriendly' elements? Illness, greed, exploitation, unfairness? How will high walls and more weapons help with all that? That just keeps us couped up within.

It's a good argument for antinatilism though. As in- is this a friendly place to bring an utterly vulnerable, unconsenting lifeform in to and then abandon at some point?

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
What do you see as the 'unfriendly' elements?
predator food chain, being brought alive inside a deathtrap, decaying old age illness damage being broken into pieces
How will high walls and more weapons help with all that?
it doesn't but the government wants more and more destructive weapons to what end one might ask oneself in the name of protecting us or destroying us
It's a good argument for antinatilism though. As in- is this a friendly place to bring an utterly vulnerable, unconsenting lifeform in to and then abandon at some point?
I hate the human race they are a disgrace for bringing us alive to this hellhole and abandoning us to this capitalistic slave system what an abomination

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
predator food chain, being brought alive inside a deathtrap, decaying old age illness damage being broken into pieces

it doesn't but the government wants more and more destructive weapons to what end one might ask oneself in the name of protecting us or destroying us

I hate the human race they are a disgrace for bringing us alive to this hellhole and abandoning us to this capitalistic slave system what an abomination

True, but walls won't do much against bombs or any of the other things listed. I guess the reasoning behind nuclear bombs and allied countries is everyone is too afraid of an apocalypse to use them. I don't think arming ourselves more will help anyone though. It just means our 'enemies' arm up too. Do you think the Berlin wall was a good model?

I think we really need more exits in our walls- assisted suicide. So that, those who want out can get out.

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
I think the most important question facing humanity is, 'Is the universe a friendly place?' This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves.

For if we decide that the universe is an unfriendly place, then we will use our technology, our scientific discoveries, and our natural resources to achieve safety and power by creating bigger walls to keep out the unfriendliness and bigger weapons to destroy all that which is unfriendly and I believe that we are getting to a place where technology is powerful enough that we may either completely isolate or destroy ourselves as well in this process.

if we decide that the universe is neither friendly nor unfriendly and that God is essentially 'playing dice with the universe', then we are simply victims to the random toss of the dice and our lives have no real purpose or meaning.
Living is injurious to the soul~

Reactions: reclaimedbynature