stainedtips

stainedtips

Not today, maybe tomorrow
May 10, 2023
Am I a bad person for thinking it's fucking hilarious? Rich assholes who paid 250 thousand dollars to go visit a tragedy inside of a tin can go missing and now they're dying slow and scared among the putrid scent of the piss and shit of 4 grown men. If I was a billionaire I would not be paying $250k to sit criss cross applesauce in a chef boyardee can.. I don't understand why some people are sympathetic towards them. Of course, it'd be terrifying if it was just some researchers, but these guys paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sit inside a poorly made tube to go see the Titanic. If it was a group of us, they would not care at all. So I don't see why feel bad for them. It's a horrible and scary situation, but they quite literally asked for it.

Reactions: jaxxon_sunn, Sweet Tart, PrisonBreak and 3 others
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
Sometimes your destiny is to just go ahead and find out what the afterlife is like. I don't have a purpose on this planet anyway other than to end my life. It appears that the reason for these five folks' lives was to go on a final mission and all die together. There isn't much of a chance for them to be saved anyway, so I will just hope they have enough personal stories to get entertained for a few more hours before their eyeballs pop out of their sockets.

Reactions: lokabe82, internetgirl and stainedtips
stainedtips

stainedtips

May 10, 2023
for a few more hours before their eyeballs pop out of their sockets.
For their sake, let's hope they exploded the moment we lost connection to the sub

Reactions: lachrymost and 12_Years_Late
internetgirl

internetgirl

♡ future angel
Jun 18, 2023
ur not a bad person for it. hate the rich, and the one thing I hate more than the rich is stupid rich people. I mean imagine having everything handed to you and being so taken care of in lala land you forget what the real real world is? The ocean doesn't care about your money. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Although, I do have sympathy for the 19 year old son I think was on board (not totally sure). Even if he's also rich as hell and probably a horrible person, he was just a kid and didn't even get a chance to use common sense. "Dad said it would be fine, so nothing will happen."

Reactions: Lammpz, stainedtips and 12_Years_Late
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
A frequent attraction at theme parks are Titanic inflatable slides, literally with the orange color and everything. I am sure that in a few years there will be inflatable games involving the Titan submarine incident featuring a recreation of the capsule, and this will all be because the media cared more about this event than the concerns of the people. I didn't even know that this had occurred until yesterday because I had not been following this media obsession.

Reactions: stainedtips and lachrymost
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Well, they've been hearing banging coming from the ocean while the sub has less than a day's worth of breathable air left, so it's a race against time. So either we're gonna get the happy ending that makes things just a little bit brighter… or a bunch of rich twats get rescued and keep on living.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sweet Tart, NumbItAll, stainedtips and 1 other person
VirtualSnow

VirtualSnow

who knows
May 21, 2022
Going to see a sunken ship just to sink, the irony is real on this one.

• Yay!
Reactions: stainedtips and 12_Years_Late
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
It's a graveyard, not a tourist attraction.

• Yay!
Reactions: marshmallowfluff, locked*n*loaded, loopdaloop and 6 others
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
It's about six hours of oxygen left at this point. That 19 year old better have made his peace with his life at this point, because he's most likely not going to get another chance to kiss a girl.

As a result of their decision, I hope that the 5 folks that went on this proxy death trap are forced to watch "Caillou" for all eternity.

Reactions: stainedtips
stainedtips

stainedtips

May 10, 2023
It's about six hours of oxygen left at this point. That 19 year old better have made his peace with his life at this point, because he's most likely not going to get another chance to kiss a girl.

As a result of their decision, I hope that the 5 folks that went on this proxy death trap are forced to watch "Caillou" for all eternity.
I just woke up, its 6 AM right now, 6 hours after you posted this so their oxygen is gone now, and I'm not seeing any good news on twitter.. Funny how when my day begins, the life of others end. Hopefully we at least find the sub to figure out what happened though

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I don't understand the Titanic obsession anyway, it is just some loser boat that sank over 100 years ago. If I wanted to see a bunch of scrap metal I could go to a junk yard instead.

Reactions: Csmith8827, loopdaloop and Sweet Tart
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
I don't find it hilarious at all. It's disturbing how many people are making light of this situation.

• Love
Reactions: Aisley, helicoptero, Message In A Bottle and 9 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
"A statement from the Coast Guard says the Horizon Arctic's ROV (remotely operated vehicle) found debris on the sea floor near the Titanic wreck"

Prss confrnce = takng plce @ 3pm locl tme

• Informative
Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy, 12_Years_Late and psp3000
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I'm thinking of various sci-fi scenarios where people were running out of oxygen in space and one opted to try to kill others to save the remaining oxygen for themselves. I believe a billionaire is vastly more likely than the average person to be a psychopath. Just a pragmatic thought, I'm not making any grisly predictions.

Reactions: 12_Years_Late
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
The Coast Guard announced Thursday that it believed the five passengers who disappeared while attempting to explore the Titanic shipwreck were likely lost due to a "catastrophic implosion" of their vessel.

U.S. Coast Guard Rear Adm. John Mauger announced at a press conference that on Thursday morning, five major pieces of debris had been found on the seafloor about 1,600 feet from the site of the Titanic, a finding "consistent with the catastrophic loss of the pressure chamber." Mauger said they then notified the families and offered their condolences.

Shortly before Mauger's comments, the company running the expedition, OceanGate, announced that the five passengers "have sadly been lost."
Titanic submersible: 5 passengers on missing sub likely dead following 'catastrophic implosion' - Yahoo! News

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
IDK, i just find it completely obscene that anyone is even visiting the Titanic wreckage at all. It's the resting place of so many and I think the souls that went down on that ship, or any other catastrophic event, just deserve to be left alone and to rest in peace. They're not supposed to be a side-show, even in the name of science, or discovery, or learning. There's just something not right about it all. Let these people be. It's really no different, at least to me, than if a bunch of people decided to just start digging up graves in a cemetery "just to see what's down there". I just find it all obscene.

Reactions: marshmallowfluff and 12_Years_Late
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Good way to die imho. Instant and painless. We should contact OceanGate for their next voyage.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, yyytry, NumbItAll and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Why they didn't just open the hatch and surface for air?

M

marshmallowfluff

Jan 23, 2023
IDK, i just find it completely obscene that anyone is even visiting the Titanic wreckage at all. It's the resting place of so many and I think the souls that went down on that ship, or any other catastrophic event, just deserve to be left alone and to rest in peace. They're not supposed to be a side-show, even in the name of science, or discovery, or learning. There's just something not right about it all. Let these people be. It's really no different, at least to me, than if a bunch of people decided to just start digging up graves in a cemetery "just to see what's down there". I just find it all obscene.
I couldnt agree more. I said the same thing about digging up graves.

It bothers me that hundreds of people died last week trying to escape poverty, yet we're given barely any resources to help them, yet some lost billionaires in a tin can were given help from multiple countries. It truly sickens me

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Why they didn't just open the hatch and surface for air?
You probably know this already, but it turns out that they were dead from the implosion right around the time contact was lost.

At the depth of the Titanic, they would die very quickly (within a second?) outside of the submersible due to the huge pressure. Also, any action disrupting the hull (like opening a hatch, even if they COULD do that) would cause an implosion to happen.

The "safety" mechanism was that the submersible could off-load the ballast and passively float up to the surface. The occupants could make it happen a couple of different ways, or it supposedly would have happened automatically after 24 hours at the bottom.

Or at least this is my understanding.

Reactions: Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
You probably know this already, but it turns out that they were dead from the implosion right around the time contact was lost.

At the depth of the Titanic, they would die very quickly (within a second?) outside of the submersible due to the huge pressure. Also, any action disrupting the hull (like opening a hatch, even if they COULD do that) would cause an implosion to happen.

The "safety" mechanism was that the submersible could off-load the ballast and passively float up to the surface. The occupants could make it happen a couple of different ways, or it supposedly would have happened automatically after 24 hours at the bottom.

Or at least this is my understanding.
Oh, I was making a joke

• Informative
Reactions: Cathy Ames
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Raspberry-jam-GettyImages-175530870-589aa0285f9b5874ee2775b7.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake and Sweet Tart
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
It seems they don't need a licence to go down there. Everyone can rent a tin can, go deep down the ocean, accidental press the wrong button to cause an implosion and die instantly.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
It seems they don't need a licence to go down there. Everyone can rent a tin can, go deep down the ocean, accidental press the wrong button to cause an implosion and die instantly.

Apprntly usa laws prevnt frm takng 'passngrs' in unlicnsd subs whch = Y th/ passngrs wre all namd 'Missn speclsts' insted

Thre wll prbbly b sme upd8es 2 regulatns aftr ths

• Informative
Reactions: rationaltake, Sweet Tart and Homo erectus