• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 847

The more intelligent you get, the more nihilistic you become
schopenhauer.jpg

D

Deleted member 847

How to know if you're a nihilist.
Step 1, you don't care about being a real "man"/lady, having a reputation, a career, being productive, and doing all the stuff society tells you to do. Because ultimately the importance of anything is subjective, and nothing really matters to you.

Nephis

Nephis

“Death should take me while I am in the mood.”
Sep 3, 2018
How to know if you're a nihilist.
Step 1, you don't care about being a real "man"/lady, having a reputation, a career, being productive, and doing all the stuff society tells you to do. Because ultimately the importance of anything is subjective, and nothing really matters to you.
Huh it seems i'm a nihilist i really don't think anything i do will seriously matter and the damn society that pushes you to do what it want's or labels you a outcast is completely meaningless but the only reason they give to do any of that is "you can leave behind a legacy" it's stupid

Last edited:
Slacker

Slacker

⋔⊬ ☌⍜⎅, ⟟⏁´⌇ ⎎⎍⌰⌰ ⍜⎎ ⌿⍜⌰⟟☊⟒
Aug 17, 2018
still... Schopenhauer died when he was 72.
Not by suicide.

Saying that nihilism is the highest form of intelligence is arrogant.

"I want to suicide, so I'm smarter than all the other pro-lifers becaus I realized the senseless of life???"

That rises my ego... sure... but it's just a lie.

Isn't Philosophy more about asking questions than about giving answers?

Last edited:
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
still... Schopenhauer died when he was 72.
Not by suicide.

Saying that nihilism is the highest form of intelligence is arrogant.

"I want to suicide, so I'm smarter than all the other pro-lifers becaus I realized the senseless of life???"

That rises my ego... sure... but it's just a lie.

Isn't Philosophy more about asking questions than about giving answers?

No, philosophy is about constructing rational worldviews that contextualize the world. Science is an offshoot of philosophy, which is why both have a lot of focus on using rational language(s).

Also, I don't think this is a superiority thing at all. It's more on the lines of us finding a philosophical perspective (and thus a worldview) that doesn't simply cast our desire to die as wrong, stupid and indicative of less strength of character. And that acceptance can mean a lot, especially when the rest of society doesn't give even the slightest bit of that.

D

Deleted member 847

Does anyone know what's the opposite philosophy of nihilism?

D

Deleted member 847

My point is an advanced alien species would realize that there's no point to go on and struggle just for some dopamine and oxytocin. Unless they find the way to eternal never-ending pleasure.

R

raskolnikov

Aug 10, 2018
Does anyone know what's the opposite philosophy of nihilism?

I would say Hegel's Philosophy of Spirit. Schopenhauer in fact, was his most fierce opposer.

Maybe also positivism, with its endless faith in human rationality and progress.

Reactions: RM5998
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I would say Hegel's Philosophy of Spirit. Schopenhauer in fact, was his most fierce opposer.

Maybe also positivism, with its endless faith in human rationality and progress.

That sounds interesting, considering the nature of Hegelian discourse.

Reactions: raskolnikov
R

raskolnikov

Aug 10, 2018
That sounds interesting, considering the nature of Hegelian discourse.

Hegel is an optimist. He sees in the world the same rationality he sees in our mind, in which he has infinite faith. He thinks that evil doesn't exist per se, but is only a step in the revealing of good. His philosophy is the last step in finalism/theism, before the explosion of nihilism.

He also is an organicist, because the part exists only as function of the whole, which he calls "the Absolute". In the same way, for Hegel human society should mirror this rational organicism he sees in nature.

In fact he delegitimizes the individual, and idolizes the State. For many, Hegel is the founder of the idea of the totalitarian state.

Useless to say, I don't have very much sympathy for Hegel :)

Reactions: RM5998
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Hegel is an optimist. He sees in the world the same rationality he sees in our mind, in which he has infinite faith. He thinks that evil doesn't exist per se, but is only a step in the revealing of good. His philosophy is the last step in finalism/theism, before the explosion of nihilism.

He also is an organicist, because the part exists only as function of the whole, which he calls "the Absolute". In the same way, for Hegel human society should mirror this rational organicism he sees in nature.

In fact he delegitimizes the individual, and idolizes the State. For many, Hegel is the founder of the idea of the totalitarian state.

Useless to say, I don't have very much sympathy for Hegel :)

I wasn't referring to the perspective of his philosophical works, but rather the idea of thesis, antithesis and synthesis that he came up with. Ironic that the person who came up with that would take up the optimistic stance that his pantheism had.

Reactions: raskolnikov