• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
So I had another appointment with a psychiatrist a few days ago. It's a different psychiatrist, an older women and it was the second appointment with her. And it's another example of a bad psychiatrist because it was completely disappointing - again.

It's not like I'm surprised anymore. I'm not sad, you know. I was expecting it to go down like this. I knew this would happen and I'm not really looking to improve anymore at this point anyway. I know suicide is inevitable and I'm past the point of recovery. But I have to keep up the masquerade, which was the reason why I went to the appointment. I also need the prescription for sleeping medication, which is another reason why I even bother. But I have to pretend, otherwise it's gonna look suspicious. But my impression about the psychiatric system was confirmed again. And having this confirmed over and over again and basically being forced to witness their incompetence every single time is really frustrating.

So, let me explain what exactly happened: The appointment was set for Tuesday at 2pm. And I was pissed already when I arrived at her office because I simply knew it's a waste of time - therapy-wise. It was hot and I simply wasn't in the mood for this. And it appeared to me that she had the exact same thoughts about the appointment because she seemed very bored, tired and generally dissociated.
So she knows I'm coming to her because of depression and social anxiety, basically. I explained this to her the last time I had my appointment. But we didn't talk about these problems. We didn't talk about the reason why I went to this psychiatrist at all. We talked a little bit about the weather, about my transition (which isn't the reason I came to her), about appointments with other doctors and how I was feeling at the moment. That was it, some kind of shallow surface-scratching small-talk to beat the time, nothing else. We didn't address my depression, my social anxiety, my past, the medication I need - none of that. But these are the reasons why I came to her in the first place. And sometimes we would have really awkward moments of silence. Like, we would just sit there, for minutes, in silence and just... do nothing. She literally had her eyes closed and almost fell asleep. This is a psychiatrist with a license. Just think about this for a moment. I was so angry because she literally wasted my time with that nonsense. What's the point of this? They have clearly no clue what they're doing and it's a waste of time.

The posts in this thread of people all over the world with different backgrounds explaining their negative experience prove that this is a serious global issue that needs to be addressed. So why isn't the media talking about this, instead of coming at this forum from all sides and trying to tear it down. You want to fix peoples life? Fix the system. It's as simple as that.

• Aww..
Reactions: Fadinglife, AutumnEmbers, Egddios and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
There is no incentive to fix it, because it's about control over people. I know it's hard to believe that you live in a system that is designed to create perverse incentives but that's what many people have to deal with these days. It often feels like the entire system is completely backwards lol! It doesn't make it any less frustrating when u understand, that this is what it looks like when u don't have a free market in healthcare.

S

Strumgewehr

Experienced
Jun 7, 2018
You're misgenderig me on purpose after I made it very clear to you that I'm female, several times in several posts. You don't have to modify anything, you just need to replace the male pronouns with female pronouns and stop referring to me as a guy. You're exactly fulfilling the definition of transphobia and shame on your for not only abusing a thread about psychiatric mistreatment but also for derailing a healthy conversation for your own entertainment.
Just wanted to point out that you cannot call him transphobic or rather accuse him of transphobia just because his views are different than your's. Accusations and name-caling like "Bigot, Racist, Sexist" etc. are dirty tatics used in arguemements, "below the belt" moves to label people in attempt to dismiss their (valid/Invalid) points. Using this type of trickery is unfair and deservesing of strong critisism IMO.

Reactions: Fadinglife
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
There is no incentive to fix it, because it's about control over people. I know it's hard to believe that you live in a system that is designed to create perverse incentives but that's what many people have to deal with these days. It often feels like the entire system is completely backwards lol! It doesn't make it any less frustrating when u understand, that this is what it looks like when u don't have a free market in healthcare.

I know that's slightly off-topic but isn't profit basically the number one problem when it comes to health care? Like, that's my impression - health care providers usually don't want to pay for necessary medical procedures because it's too expensive. If we removed profit from health care and instead focused more on compassion and empathy, wouldn't this fix many existing issues?

Just wanted to point out that you cannot call him transphobic or rather accuse him of transphobia just because his views are different than your's. Accusations and name-caling like "Bigot, Racist, Sexist" etc. are dirty tatics used in arguemements, "below the belt" moves to label people in attempt to dismiss their (valid/Invalid) points. Using this type of trickery is unfair and deservesing of strong critisism IMO.

I don't really want to start this discussion again but plenty of posts that were made by him are already removed because they were very offensive and insulting. So you definitely don't get the whole picture. He played my whole suicidality - which leads back to various complicated reasons - down to my transgender identity and the choices I made based on this condition and that's simply a misrepresentation of the reasons why I'm a member in this forum. Also the term 'transphobia' is a very broad term, just like 'homophobia'. And if you constantly and repeatedly misgender a person after they made clear to you that they identify as a certain gender, it's definitely problematic and on the same level like insulting a gay person because they're gay. And he did it on purpose in this case, while knowing that the intolerance and discrimination by society is one of the many reasons why I'm suicidal. If you're intentionally trying to push buttons to make a person more suicidal, you don't deserve any second doubts - in my opinion. And this happened already twice in this forum - something that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't transgender.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fadinglife and AutumnEmbers