• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@RainAndSadness
I know it's hard but try to take no notice of people who lack basic human empathy and understanding xx

Sometimes I wonder if some people are on here just because they want to play being a psychologist with other people's feelings.

For what it's worth, I understood what you were explaining, it makes perfect sense xx

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Jupiter and RainAndSadness
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm not being a victim but I don't appreciate people being rude to me cause I'm not using some nuanced wording they demand. Like I told you - asking and assuming are different things. You need to educate yourself on this one. If you have 'female brain structure' then why aren't you saying you have female gender? Body and gender are different things. Guy is somebody who has male gender. Girl is somebody who has female gender. If tommorow I'll wake up with female body parts but otherwise unchanged, including my lust for females, desire to penetrate, to be rough and dominant etc and all the rest of the attributes 'male brain structure', then I'm still a guy, still have a male gender.

Here, that's the context. That's my full statement, in relation to privilege.

Before I started my transition, I was just a regular dude for people. They didn't spend too much time thinking about me, when they saw me on the streets. But now, being visibly trans and therefore being judged simply for looking different, it's a whole different struggle.

I explained to you that people approached me differently when they perceived me as a dude. And I can give you a very specific example: Job hunting is very different for people who stand out. Back when presented as a male person, the first impression usually was very neutral. But now when I look very androgynous and people have difficulties putting me into a box because I don't match clear descriptions of either a male or a female person, they're a lot more judgmental. Being visibly trans is almost never seen as a positive trait in society and that's by the way also the reason why a lot of trans people want to be stealth. We don't want to deal with social implications of being trans.

And that's your conclusion.

I understand you're simply a guy who wants to be a girl.

You imply that I'm a male person and you simplified my explanation. You made a very clear statement about my gender. But that's wrong and if you talk to trans people, it's very important to refer to them as their actual gender. It may seem trivial and difficult at first but you'll get used to it.

I never said I don't have a female gender and if so, please quote me. You mistake gender norms and roles with actual gender identity of a person. You can be female (gender identity) and present as male in society (gender norms and roles). That's why queer people exist. But you can be female and present as female. That's why I exist. You don't even understand the basics, yet you attack me for calling you out.

I hope you can unterstand this and maybe it will be helpful for future interactions with trans people.

Last edited:
Reactions: AveryConure and Minudah
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I don't mistake anything for anything and I actually called you 'pre-op trans woman'. So if you weren't oversensitive then you would understand I'm not trying to be judgemental. And I'm actually not.

How can you say you have 'gender dysforia' if you're already of female gender? You may have body dysforia. You may have other-people-perception-of-you dysforia. But you can't have gender dysforia.

Oh, now there we have it. "You're just too sensitive". In other words "That's my justification to misgender you and you simply should grow up". Alright, uhm. Have fun with that attitude. I'm sure you'll make many trans friends. I tried to explain it to you but you'd rather believe whatever you want to.

I'll explain to you why I have gender dysphoria if I have a female gender. Transgenderism refers to the mismatch between sex and gender. That means I have a male body and a female gender. Gender dysphoria refers to the distress caused by that mismatch. And the current scientific stance is: you can't cure gender dysphoria but you can treat it with transitioning. And that's what I'm doing. But that doesn't mean I'll ever get rid of gender dysphoria. it can happen in the future if I pass, it doesn't have to. I know transpeople who live a happy, stealth life and I know transpeople who are struggling because they have a hard time passing. I hope you unterstand.

Body dysphoria doesn't exist. There is a mental disorder called body dysmorphia. Read more about this here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder However it has nothing to do with gender dysphoria and these medical conditions are completely separate.

Here is an explanation to gender dysphoria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

Gender dysphoria(GD) is the distress a person experiences as a result of the sex and gender they were assigned at birth. In this case, the assigned sex and gender do not match the person's gender identity, and the person is transgender.*

Don't ask me why it's called gender dysphoria but it's the term used in scientific circles to describe the distress I'm experiencing currently...

Last edited:
Reactions: Minudah
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Sex and gender is the same thing.

Source? Oh wait, I don't need your source because I can educate your ignorant mind right away:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25667367

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21334362

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21094885

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27046106

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7477289

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26766406

Here you have a scientific overview on gender. Gender and sex is not the same. That changed like in the 1960 already. So you're depending on outdated science. Isn't it weird that the person who refereed to me as male also denies the science supporting trans people? Rhetorical question for you. if gender and sex are the same, why do transwomen have a female brain structure and therefore a female gender identity? Why do we have a brainstructure that resembles that of their preffered gender? You even said gender isn't determined by genitals, right? So why do you think gender is determined by biology?

So even you're wobbly here.

You say what? I'm wobbly here? Well, then go on and educate me with your science. But I can tell you what will happen next. You will go into a defensive mode again, portray yourself as the victim and you'll try to wiggle yourself out of the situation. And you know why I know that? Because all transphobic people I've met so far, who had the exact same talking points as you, did this.

SStill I get it that you consider yourself of female gender/sex and dissatisfied with your mismatching male attributes like body and voice. Although this still leaves the question as to what exact attributes make you male or female, and thus why exactly you decided you're female.

Because we have a female neurology and therefore we're identifying as female. It's very simple, gender is based on neurology. You even confirmed yourself that genitals don't determine gender. More science:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

https://www.the-scientist.com/featu...ifferent-from-those-of-cisgender-people-30027

Cause there was a member here, I don't know if he's still around, Dani Paradox, who felt like you do, went through with the surgery only to realise later that he's a guy after all and comfortable being one.

You're talking about a small minority here. The transition regret rate is somewhere between 1% to 2%.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15842032

Transition regret is below 1%.

http://www.amsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CareOfThePatientUndergoingSRS.pdf

Transition regret is 1% to 1.5%.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24872188

Regret rate of 2.2%.

Dani Paradox is one of these examples. You can't pick anecdotal evidence to debunk scientific data. The opposite is the case. Dani Paradox actually confirms these numbers. There are some people who aren't actually trans and therefore regret the transition but as I said, it's a small minority. And as I said, transition is the only known and working treatment for trans people. It's the best we have right now. You also wouldn't say gay conversation therapy works because it might actually work for a very small minority for people who think they're gay. The scientific consensus on gay conversation therapy is very clear: it doesn't work and people who claim they were 'cured' of their homosexuality don't change anything on the fact that it's harmful for most people. And the same goes for transpeople. Embracing them and accepting them is the most helpful thing you can do.

So it is a fact to me that a guy may want to be a girl. May identify with girls. But because this psychological disposition alone doesn't cancel out all of his male traits, it's entirely correct to call such a person 'guy'. Because the only thing that qualifies him as girl so far is his self-perception of unclear origin. And this is ofcourse why they call it 'gender dysforia'. Because it's your nature-assigned gender that you dissatisfied with and want to do away with. For reasons that you don't want to get into.

No, the thing that qualifies myself as a girl is the scientific evidence suggesting that we have in fact a feminine brain structure. You don't even know why people are trans, right? Alright, let me school you. Trans people are a result of a hormonal unbalance in the womb, when we still are fetuses. It causes a mismatch between brain and body, resulting in both developing into different directions. This is a harvard article talking about this subject. For a better understanding I'll link the images that come with the article.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

09-23-2016_Figure2v2.png

09-23-2016_Figure3v2.png

So yeah, Rollo. I'd suggest you sit down because 1. you have no clue what you're talking about. 2. you reinforced my notion that you're nothing else than a transphobic ass. Why else would you deny the overwhelming amount of science supporting our existence. And trust me: I didn't even start yet. There are many scientific resources that support transpeople. And it's a goddamn shame you're infesting my thread with your invalidating, transphobic nonsense.

Last edited:
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I'll have fun anyway. Sex and gender is the same thing. So even you're wobbly here. Still I get it that you consider yourself of female gender/sex and dissatisfied with your mismatching male attributes like body and voice. Although this still leaves the question as to what exact attributes make you male or female, and thus why exactly you decided you're female. Cause there was a member here, I don't know if he's still around, Dani Paradox, who felt like you do, went through with the surgery only to realise later that he's a guy after all and comfortable being one.

So it is a fact to me that a guy may want to be a girl. May identify with girls. But because this psychological disposition alone doesn't cancel out all of his male traits, it's entirely correct to call such a person 'guy'. Because the only thing that qualifies him as girl so far is his self-perception of unclear origin. And this is ofcourse why they call it 'gender dysforia'. Because it's your nature-assigned gender that you dissatisfied with and want to do away with. For reasons that you don't want to get into.

You fail to grasp the core issue: we are not defined by our bodies, our personalities are our brains. My brain distressed by certain features of a male body, doesn't like to be recognized as a male-bodied person, distressed by social roles and stereotypes that comes with it, has female sexuality and simply has strong pull to be female.
When I dream I often have cis female body and when I wake up I feel a sense of loss.
It's not about meeting some criteria to consider someone female, it's about a right of self identification.
Some people think we should not have that right and only have to be defined by our junk, chromosomes, whatever.
But that's harmful approach because gender dysphoria is 100% real.
It's not about biology, it's about humanism.

Reactions: Minudah and RainAndSadness
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
@Rollo seriously, get out of my thread. When I talk about the psychiatric system being a disaster, I also refer to doctors mistreating us. It happened in the past and it's still happening. And not just us transpeople, I talk about people who challenge the normative of gender in general. I talk about intersex people, who were subject of experimentation (for example, people performed surgery on them right after birth) in the past. And it's still happening in many countries, they're not treated equal. And I'm talking about people who are gay, who were sent to conversation therapy, which is also one of the experimental ideas supported by 19/20th century psychiatric science. Just because modern science validates us, doesn't mean all doctors do. And I know transpeople who are treated very badly by doctors and I also heard horrifying stories about trans people being abused in psych wards. And people like you are contributing to a harmful society acting hostile towards certain minorities. That's a part of the story. And you're not helping anyone by erasing trans people like that. Get out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and Minudah
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Dani Paradox is one of these examples. You can't pick anecdotal evidence to debunk scientific data. The opposite is the case. Dani Paradox actually confirms these numbers. There are some people who aren't actually trans and therefore regret the transition but as I said, it's a small minority.

So what makes you think you're not one of those people?

Gender and sex are the same thing, just two synonyms. And if you think otherwise just say what exactly you think is different, no need to make long posts.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
So what makes you think you're not one of those people?

Gender and sex are the same thing, just two synonyms. And if you think otherwise just say what exactly you think is different, no need to make long posts.

Get out.

Reactions: Circles, Minudah and odette
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Well seeing how oversensitive and insulting you are when asked simple questions - I say your attitude is the big reason why people are not working with you. Not saying other transes are not being mistreated but you certainly invite such an an attitude.

You didn't refer to one single study I've mentioned. You're not interested in a conversation. You ignored 99.5% of my post, Get the hell out, nobody needs your dogwhistling nonsense.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm interested in respectful conversation only. Which is not something you interested in - you ignore my questions, insult me, yet you want me to address everything you say. I ask once again - what makes you think you're one of 'proper' transes and not those like Dani? Have you done a brain scan?

I have only been skimming this fight but this is kind of like telling a chronically suicidal person "what if you're one of the people that regret it at the last minute?" Except in the case of suicide you are more likely to regret it than not, still very invalidating though.

Reactions: Circles, Minudah and RainAndSadness
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Again. There were 13 scientific references in my post that didn't only address your questions but also gave further insight to recent science on trans people in general. Most of these studies talk about neuroscience. You didn't address any of these studies, all of them debunked your initial statement about gender. You instead moved the goalpost and asked a personal question, which is none of your goddamn business. I don't even know why I would have to answer that. Again, your initial statement was

Gender and sex are the same thing, just two synonyms

And I linked 7 studies that researched this topic and came to a different conclusion.

Rollo1

"...but I go into threads of suicidal people and invalidate their struggles, tell them they don't exist, tell them they're delusional and generally support the mistreating of people who suffer from a medical condition. Please don't take me seriously, I'm actually not affected by any of the discrimination that is affecting trans people and I enjoy talking from a privileged standpoint."

Get out.

Last edited:
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
And I linked 7 studies that researched this topic and came to a different conclusion.

'Gender' and 'sex' are two words. Both of them mean same exact thing to me. They are synonyms. Unlike for example 'gender' and 'body'. If you believe 'sex' means something different - just say it. Studies have nothing to do with it - studies are for fact discovery not word usage. I'm not really reading the majority of your posts, so please don't bother making them long.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I was only asking what exactly is it about your personality that you believe makes you a female. And the guy just snapped on me for not referring to him as female and saying 'you're a guy who wants to become a girl' and it went downhill from there. But I don't really have problems with guys, girls or those who want to switch genders.

Why do you still refer to me as guy. You're reported.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
'Gender' and 'sex' are two words. Both of them mean same exact thing to me. They are synonyms. Unlike for example 'gender' and 'body'. If you believe 'sex' means something different - just say it. Studies have nothing to do with it - studies are for fact discovery not word usage. I'm not really reading the majority of your posts, so please don't bother making them long.

Wrong. Please provide actual scientific evidence confirming that gender is the same as sex. And yeah, scientific observations have a lot to do with that. Gender identity is a scientific concept, created by scientists like 40 years ago when it became clear that sex can't be the same as gender, otherwise trans people wouldn't exist. Again, please provide scientific evidence.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
LOL I'm not really a transphobic kind of guy but you really doing your best of turning me into one.

If you're not transphobic, then why are you reffering to me as male 3x in your last post despite me clarifying that I'm female?

Reactions: Minudah and Meretlein
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Transphobe 1

You deleted it but you refereed to me as male 3x. You're reported for attacking me personally and for abusing my thread about the psychiatric system for your invalidation.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
You deleted it but you refereed to me as male 3x. You're reported for attacking me personally and for abusing my thread about the psychiatric system for your invalidation.

I haven't deleted a damn thing - mods did it cause you reported it.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I haven't deleted a damn thing - mods did it cause you reported it.

You're misgenderig me on purpose after I made it very clear to you that I'm female, several times in several posts. You don't have to modify anything, you just need to replace the male pronouns with female pronouns and stop referring to me as a guy. You're exactly fulfilling the definition of transphobia and shame on your for not only abusing a thread about psychiatric mistreatment but also for derailing a healthy conversation for your own entertainment.

Reactions: brighter, Circles, NumbItAll and 3 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
You're misgenderig me on purpose after I made it very clear to you that I'm female, several times in several posts. You don't have to modify anything, you just need to replace the male pronouns with female pronouns and stop referring to me as a guy. You're exactly fulfilling the definition of transphobia and shame on your for not only abusing a thread about psychiatric mistreatment but also for derailing a healthy conversation for your own entertainment.

You're not interested in healthy conversations one bit. Your identification with females alone doesn't qualify you as female in my eyes, just from factual standpoint. Sure I could be sensitive to your feelings, and I was, but then you started to get rude. Once you're rude you don't have a right to ask me to show extra politeness.

Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
Please let's go back to discussing the awful psychiatric system.
I think the original topic had some very good points that I have unfortunately experienced myself firsthand.

Reactions: Circles, brighter and Minudah
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
I removed several posts as they were off-topic. Please stick to the original discussion & respect everyone's opinion.
Further off-topic content will result in a warning.

Original Post:
I just came home from an appointment with 2 doctors in a psych ward because my therapist doesn't know how to help me. So he sent me to this facility in order to get serious help or further resources for my mental health issues. I sat down with 2 doctors in that place for 2 hours, we talked about my problems and my needs. We talked about my past, about my current issues and about my trans experience. And they had no answer. They simply didn't know what to do. They were overwhelmed with the quantity of my issues and they also had no idea how to approach them. They basically made it very clear to me that they couldn't help me. Imagine that. I was sent there because my therapist can't help me anymore and even the psych ward with supposedly experienced doctors, the last instance for people who are in desperation, for people who already gave up and were sent there because they failed their attempt, people who deal with severe mental issues, couldn't help me.

But when I started to talk about being suicidal, I just mentioned it briefly, they suddenly started to listen very closely. They told me, if I feel suicidal and I have thoughts about ending my life, they will have to keep me there and hospitalize me. I changed my story very quickly because having strangers taking away my most basic fundamental rights is a nightmare and I don't want. But that's not even the point. The point is: they literally just told me that they have no idea how to help me but they wanted to keep me alive. Imagine that for one second. This, right there, sums up all problems in the psychiatric system.

The idea that I have to be kept alive because 'it's their duty' while also saying simultaneously that they don't have any solutions to my problems (while also saying that all problems are 'temporarily and therefore suicide is never a solution), is disastrous. Imagine that. That's concerning. Suicide prevention isn't about helping people. It's about keeping people alive. That's the whole point.

We need to seriously reform the psychiatric system. We're focusing on the wrong issues. I don't see people talking about the problems that make people commit suicide. If I see suicide prevention posters, I only see them wanting to keep you alive. I see them talking about the symptoms of suicide, not about the reasons. I don't see them talking about the roots. When I see suicide prevention posters, I don't see them talking about us. I see them talking about themselves, about their idea of life and how everyone else should follow that philosophy that suicide is bad and if you desire suicide, you're bad too and you need help. The conversation isn't about the problems anymore that drive people to suicide, the conversation is about them.

If we really want to help people, we need to change how we perceive mental health issues. We need to change how we perceive suicide. We need to stop associating suicide with a negative connotation. If someone is suicidal, the first reflex shouldn't be hospitalizing them, because you're only fighting the symptoms. Not the causes of these thoughts. We also need to focus more on the reasons for suicide and we also need better treatment/medication for mentally ill people. We know that psychedelics and dissociative has a very positive effect on mentally ill people. Why don't we use that to our advantage instead of relying on a broken system that doesn't help anyone. Striping people away of their rights won't solve any problems.

For example, if there would be as many posters talking about the severe impact of bullying as there are about suicide prevention, well, then I will maybe, probably, take these people and their intentions seriously. But we need to talk about the problems. Seriously.

And last and foremost, because this is SS, we need to provide a reliable and peaceful exit for people who are done with the struggle. For people who are exhausted and tired of this world. For people who don't want to keep going anymore because they know there is no solution to their suffering. I hope we will reach this point very soon. We deserve this. You deserve this. It's unfair and irrational to keep us alive if there is nothing these doctors can do to help us anymore. And they need to learn that. It's not their duty to keep us alive, it's their duty to help us if we seek help. They need to respect our human rights and the right to die in a dignified way is one of them.

But yeah. That was my experience and that's my conclusion based on that experience. My doctors told me today that they can't help me. I was sent home without a second appointment and without an address for a different doctor. But they thought about keeping me there, in the psych ward. Disgusting. Anyway, at least, now that I'm officially and in medical terms, a lost case, I can ctb with peace. I knew it, from the start and I can say: I tried. I wanted to get better. That's for sure. But I feel let down. They don't have the answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, brighter and Minudah

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I have a medical issue, intercranial hypertension, and I suffer immensely from it. Doctors don't know what to do and the psychiatrists dont understand that the ethical solution in a sane society would be suicide.

Reactions: Roberto, Circles and RainAndSadness
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I have a medical issue, intercranial hypertension, and I suffer immensely from it. Doctors don't know what to do and the psychiatrists dont understand that the ethical solution in a sane society would be suicide.
Ouch

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Exactly. I started my transition 2 years ago and I'll probably have my surgery in the upcoming years. I have other projects going right now, for example, my voice is my largest concern currently because it's essential for passing. Every time I open my mouth, I basically give away my trans-background and that's usually not desired. It creates unnecessary obstacles. But there is a lot of work to do anyway, I personally think I'm far away from passing as a regular woman and it's the main reason why I want to ctb. This life isn't worth it. Being trans isn't temporary. And gender dysphoria will always exists in some form. And it's even worse when there are no professionals around that are familiar with this subject. 2 years of transition seem like a long time but I'm still at the start, really. I'm depending on my health insurance a lot when it comes to certain procedures and it's gonna be rough.

I always was very shy and introverted but I think the bullying probably amplified that. It's very difficult for me to trust people and I'd rather be alone. Which also creates social isolation and loneliness. But being surrounded by people creates a lot of stress. I feel discomfort and I'm usually nervous and very anxious because I have no clue how to interact with people in the first place. It's a nightmare and I only leave the house for appointments. And transitioning made it even worse. Before I started my transition, I was just a regular dude for people. They didn't spend too much time thinking about me, when they saw me on the streets. But now, being visibly trans and therefore being judged simply for looking different, it's a whole different struggle. As I said before, I don't really pass as a woman and people probably view me as something between the genders. It's weird but it doesn't feel good. I'm happy about transitioning because it makes it easier for me to accept myself somehow but at the same time it has many severe social implications. I'm lucky enough to be in a somewhat supportive family, I can't even fathom how bad it must be if even the closest family members reject and abandon you. I don't have any friends but at least some family members show support.

The doctor recently said all problems are temporary and therefore suicide is no option, period. But none of my problems really are temporary. They're all somehow connected to each other and addressing these issues seems impossible to me. Especially my gender dysphoria is gonna be there for the rest of my life and I don't think a life in a body that is inherently repulsive to you will ever be enjoyable. It's not just about surviving, although that's what it feels like when you live in poverty. It's about having a good life and I can't see that happening in the near future.

And regarding your question, I'm not familiar with any other anxieties besides my social anxiety. But I'm not sure.
This. Even the Suicide Hotline people in the US (who I never call anymore,) haven't a clue about the suicidial heart and mind. Their favorite quote is that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. As if a lifetime of going from one mental health diagnoses to another is somehow temporary after 25-30 years of it. My other favorite advice was when they told me to read some poetry to get my mind off of things. Oh yeah, which poet? Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, maybe Paul Celan? I know this is far off from your original topic, but I'm furious about the way people with "mental health" issues are treated, and I cannot imagine the horror of a professional "Googling" my symptoms. I want to start my own thread about what I'm going through, but damn, bro, I feel horrible for you. I wish I had some magical, healing words for you. But in American we only have magical, healing beans you wash down with a glass of water.

Reactions: RainAndSadness, EvilForProfit and Redt2go
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
This. Even the Suicide Hotline people in the US (who I never call anymore,) haven't a clue about the suicidial heart and mind. Their favorite quote is that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. As if a lifetime of going from one mental health diagnoses to another is somehow temporary after 25-30 years of it. My other favorite advice was when they told me to read some poetry to get my mind off of things. Oh yeah, which poet? Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, maybe Paul Celan? I know this is far off from your original topic, but I'm furious about the way people with "mental health" issues are treated, and I cannot imagine the horror of a professional "Googling" my symptoms. I want to start my own thread about what I'm going through, but damn, bro, I feel horrible for you. I wish I had some magical, healing words for you. But in American we only have magical, healing beans you wash down with a glass of water.
We'd love to read your thread

Reactions: RainAndSadness and brighter
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
This really is sad. Because the "help" becomes the monster.

Reactions: Circles, RainAndSadness, Meretlein and 1 other person